Home Precious Metals

JM 1977 1oz gold Beaver/Castor Inter-Gold Canada

I have never come across one of these available for sale and I'm assuming they are pretty impossible to find. Any idea what kind of premium they would carry? I want one.

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 28,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We bought in a bunch of them a few years ago and just flatout could not sell them. Ended up burning the gold ones. The silver ones eventually sold.
    TD
    Winner of the ANA's 2020 Heath Literary Award, Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Award, and Lifetime Achievement Award. Winner NLG 2020 Best Numismatic Feature Article, U.S.
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEN had a similar piece for sale not too long ago and they may still.

IIRC, several makers produced patterns and examples for what was supposed to be the Canadian bullion coin: the Beaver. True.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 28,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They usually come with the big red blotches, which kills the resale market.
    TD
    Winner of the ANA's 2020 Heath Literary Award, Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Award, and Lifetime Achievement Award. Winner NLG 2020 Best Numismatic Feature Article, U.S.
  • CaseyCasey Posts: 1,512 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys. That really surprises me about the lack of demand. I'll be sure not to overpay if I find one.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the info guys. That really surprises me about the lack of demand. I'll be sure not to overpay if I find one. >>

w/o a red blotchimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because who really wants a beaver with a big red blotch?
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 18,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

ATTENTION.....OLD THREAD QUESTONS
    I found what I think are die trials of these bullion rounds. Does anyone have information or how to
    find out if it is in fact trials or patterns?
    I posted it here but looking for additional help
    I did some searching around and found that a pair sold 3 years ago for $420 plus premium. One is copper and one is gold plated.
    Other than this auction I have not been able to locate any others or info.

My obverse and reverse pics.