Home Sports Talk
Options

Official 2010-11 Chicago Blackhawks Repeat the Cup 2-1 LOSS!!!!

Alright a little more than 24 hours before the hawks open with the Ave's. Alot of lineup changes but they still have a great core and a good goaltender, going to be an exciting year.

Comments

• Options
    not a good way to start. 4-3 ot loss, the d needs work
  • Options
    CubsFan41CubsFan41 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    Looking forward to a great season. I think the skill and speed is there with all the new guys. Looked like a team that needs to develop some continuity.
    We'll see how they gel in the next 20 games. image
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    bad way to end the raising of the banner ceremony
  • Options
    will crawford in net stop the skid?
  • Options
    Good win after a shaky start. image
  • Options
    yes, crawford looked alright too. At least the "core" is doing well
  • Options
    cant get a delay of game penalty near the end of the game and think your going to win. Bad loss
  • Options
    nice blowout today, hossa is still on fire. 5-2 win
  • Options
    the games just keep getting more exciting, hossa still on a surge 4-3 win!!
  • Options
    WOW what a finish 3-2 victory Hossa and sharp just phenomenal in the 3rd and ot
  • Options
    Keeping that winning streak alive 4 in a row second in ot 2-1 hawks!!
  • Options
    Does Patrick Kane still have upside ? Boy is that kid good.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Is Leddy going to stick or is he getting nine games before getting sent to the minors?
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    Leddy was already sent to the minors (Rockford AHL) last week. Seeing that Campbell is back skating and should be ready to go in a couple weeks I'd say he's destined to stay at Rockford for the year unless Keith or Campbell get hurt and are out for an extended period of time.
  • Options
    um the streak is snapped, it seemed that the last goal given up by turco was very soft.
  • Options
    coming from a 4 game winning streak to a 2 game losing streak, the 3rd period has not been our friend lately, 3-2 loss
  • Options
    nice win to snap the losing streak. Not the usual players scoring but sharpie is on a roll. 3-1 W
  • Options
    Hossa out 2 weeks. image Best player on the ice right now. Lets hope some others can pick up the scoring. Can you hear me Brouwer, Bolland, Pisani? Really need to get more balanced
    scoring. I like what I see from Stalberg right now.
  • Options
    i dont know how to describe them, one game they win next their slaughtered. We get rid of niemi which i guess was good now but turco is a roller coaster sharp is doing great but like cubsfan said they need others to contribute 7-4 loss to the lowly oilers.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Sharp is lighting it up right now.
  • Options
    the roller coaster continues 3-1 win
  • Options
    and down again 3-2 l
  • Options
    Was at the game last night. Toews had a very rough night. Kane and Keith were very good.
  • Options
    Was at the game last night. Toews had a very rough night. Kane and Keith were very good.

what game were you watching? Firstly Toews recorded a +16 CORSI which means he dominated defensively all night. Secondly, while Kane did score a soft goal, he also made that idiotic pass as he exited the zone that got intercepted as the 2nd period ended, which forced Duncan Keith to hook Avery, resulting in the 2nd NYR goal.
  • Options
    5-3 loss to the devils enough said
  • Options
    great seeing the ex hawks doing well with the thrashers, stalberg's first shootout goal came at the right time. Nice win
  • Options
    how do we lose 2 games to a lack-lust oilers team?
  • Options
    the losses are stacking up too quickly another loss 2-1
  • Options
    just throwing this out, i feel we should've resigned niemi and let hjalmarsson go, turco is not a starting goalie right now. 4-3 loss.
  • Options
    just throwing this out, i feel we should've resigned niemi and let hjalmarsson go, turco is not a starting goalie

I can see how you'd come to that conclusion

Turco - 2.74 GAA , .911 SV%
    Niemi - 3.73 GAA, .878 SV%

but yeah it's Turco's fault the Hawks have scored 17 goals in their last 7 games.

It's Turco's fault that Keith has morphed into Bryan McCabe floating around in his own end virtually the entire year.

It's Turco's fault that Patrick Sharp has morphed into Patrick Kane in his own end (-10).

It's Turco's fault that Patrick Kane has turned into 2007 Patrick Kane in his own end (-8).

It's Turco's fault that Bolland is only interested in playing hockey during the late spring and summer. It's also Turco's fault that Bolland is rolling up a sterling 40% on face-offs.

It's Turco's fault that Brouwer has been a complete ghost in both ends of the ice no matter which line Q puts him on.

It's Turco's fault that the historically slow starting Toews has gotten off to another slow offensive start.

It's Turco's fault that Q continues to put Kopecky on the 1st and 2nd PP units despite having zero touch and play making ability.

It's Turco's fault Nick Boynton is a human fire drill in his own end.

It's Turco's fault that the human glacier John Scott is useless when he's not hitting or punching someone.

It's Turco's fault that Q has the league's top puck moving defenseman Brian Campbell skating on the 2nd PP unit in favor of Keith who continues to put every one of his shots directly into the defense's skates or pads.

It's Turco's fault that Q has the smooth skating Jordan Hendry stapled to the bench or press box because he feels Hendry isn't physical enough for his old-school tastes.

It's Turco's fault that Q continues to trot Patrick Sharp out as the #3 shootout skater despite Sharp being a career 26% shootout scorer (32.9% is league average) when both Hossa (36.8%) or Pisani (42.9%) would be much better options.

It's Turco's fault that the 4th line of Dowell/Stalberg/Skille has been the most consistent and arguably best line the entire season.

It's Turco's fault that Hossa is not fully healthy

It's Turco's fault that Campbell missed the first 3 weeks of the season.

It's Turco's fault the zebras didn't call Erat on that dive (Kane's alleged tripping penalty) last night.

• Options
    they have alot of problems but hes giving up some soft goals. recently our best players are not the usual like bickell stalberg skille
  • Options
    the fact remains, Turco isn't in the top 20 of the Hawks biggest problems right now. He's pretty much what I expected him to be thus far.
  • Options
    Crawford looked decent in the win tonight 3-2
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's Turco's fault that Q continues to put Kopecky on the 1st and 2nd PP units despite having zero touch and play making ability. >>

Let's just say that very few Red Wings fans were upset last year when Kopecky went to the 'hawks. Hossa we missed. Kopecky? Not so much. I do find it funny that Kopecky is leading the 'hawks in PIM, however.

Tabe
  • Options
    Kopecky is a slightly different player now than he was as a Wing. He's much more physical and is more of net presence, but it comes with a cost in some dumb penalties. That he's on a PP unit is the my main problem with him...though obviously it isn't his fault Q is often too old school for his own good. But yeah I'm sure some eyebrows were raised in The D when the Hawks gave him 2 years @ $1.2M per, but it was more of an enticement to help get Hossa here with Kopecky being Hossa's best pal and all.
  • Options
    wow we beat the oilers or should I say toews beat them. Nice hat trick in a 5-0 rout of the oilers
  • Options
    utter collapse against calgary
  • Options
    a change in goal is may what led to a 7-1 win against the canucks
  • Options
    this is somewhat of a repeat of last year where huet was the number 1 goalie going into the season but then he had a poor streak then came niemi to save the year. I know its early but turco is playing poor and crawford is somewhat decent, they need to stick with the one goalie who is playing well. And on that note with turco in net the hawks lose 5-2
  • Options
    4-1 w with crawford in net hopefully he'll play the next game
  • Options
    2-1 w sharp is heating up again and could this be another huet/niemi like battle for top goalie this season?
  • Options
    I hope not just seems like everyone is so quick to throw that out. Turco will be fine if the lines ever settle in and start producing.
  • Options
    The kings game was their best of the year. I think Q is gonna start whoever has a good run going. A lot like last year, one of them will earn
    the starting nod come April. Did everyone see Scott punish that bum from LA? image
  • Options
    oh yeah that was a great fight, wish i was there to see it.image
  • Options
    the wins are racking up 7-5 w. Now the seasons is getting interesting.
  • Options
    i dont agree with Q's call of not starting crawford, he won 3 straight and instead with turco we lose to the canucks.
  • Options
    4-2 w over the flames with the crawford
  • Options
    need these wins, and their coming. 4-3 w over the stars. Now hopefully the red wings continue to collaspe
  • Options
    not a bad loss but still a loss to the sharks 2-1 hopefully coach Q doesnt pull crawford after 1 loss.
  • Options
    turco starts and cant finish loss to the aves 7-5