Home Metal Detecting

Oct 2, 2010 Finds: 3 Silvers. Also half cent?

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
Got out for a few hours yesterday. Certainly found my share of junk - probably 5 pounds of cans, nails, etc. But mixed in were some keepers.

Now shown is a partial pocket watch. Not sure of the metal, but doesn't look too expensive.

The first find was a 1946 Roosevelt Dime. Put me over last year’s silver total, so I was happy! The second coin was another 1946 Roosie. A little while later comes a regular Kennedy Half (my first of the year), so that was a neat thing. About a half hour later, a second, unexpected Kennedy half pops out, but this one is a 1967! That makes 3 silvers yesterday.

Also found what looks to be a small belt buckle, also some sort of metal object from Huyler’s – which looks to be some kind of candy/ice cream shop in the late 1800s and into the 1900s. Also, anyone recognize that the circular pumpkin-face thing is??

During the hunt, found another probable railroad track coin as it was thinner than a regular coin. After some cleaning, the word “LIBERTY” came clear, but unfortunately not much else. Weight is only 3.2 grams, so that puts it in the Half Cent realm. It almost looks like the date is 180x, but I really can’t tell for sure. Can you determine what design it is? The back is pretty much toast. I can only see the “EN” which can be seen in one of the pics. What do you guys think?

Yellow arrow points to the 8 in the date

Comments