Home Precious Metals
Options

What does October hold?

Semptember seemed liked the Semptember to remember, so what does October hold for PMs? Will Gold and Silver pullback from their all time highs, or will they continue upward?

Who's buying and who's getting out?

Comments

• Options
    I hope October will be the same old October (see below)! image
    I am hoping for a dip in gold to add some. I will buy anyway but would like to buy more with the same money!
    The 1/10 proof AGE will be more than $180! image

• Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

The Mortgage foreclosure nightmare (for the banks) is the black swan event that takes down the system. When people stop paying their mortgages, the banks will implode and Gold and Silver will soar.

That's my 2 cents anyway. image
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    First and third week in October have been buying targets in the past... but I'm starting to believe it won't happen this year. The first week of July showed the power of portfolio rebalancing... but the S&P was coming off a bad month... so it made sense. September was a good month for the S&P so I'm thinking this is really a currency event...

Seeing vid's of the 'Austerity Party' in Euro makes me think we are witnessing something very different.

I was planning to convert paper gold into physical in October... I think I'm just going to ride this wave out and look towards spring instead.

I'm getting concerned...

Edited: "convert paper into physical" to "convert paper GOLD into physical". Also, I should have said that "I'm getting concerned there won't be a meaningful correction in October allowing me to convert paper gold into physical without taking a large $$$$ hit". That is why I'm thinking I won't be able to convert my GLD into physical until spring 2011.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still learning but what I understand is: If the economy is good, thats bad for pms and if the economy is bad, thats great for pms.

Economy doesn't seem to be getting better, all I read is how there are more and more foreclosures, more banks closing, more unemployment, and more people in poverty. I don't see how things will get better so wouldn't for the next few months to years be excellent for metals? We should all be continuing to stack regardless of price.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if anyone would admit to getting out. That would seem foolish at this point, but hey, maybe
    someone feels more secure in pork bellies or wheat. But I'm staying in for now, and I'm hoping for a
    pullback to the 1230-1150 range. I'm sure you know whyimage
  • Options
    I wish I knew, October is an.......interesting investment month. I sold a bunch of stocks the other day and will sit on the money for a bit. I would buy more gold if the price were to drop, say 20%.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    still stacking
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Mortgage foreclosure nightmare (for the banks) is the black swan event that takes down the system. When people stop paying their mortgages, the banks will implode and Gold and Silver will soar.

That's my 2 cents anyway. image >>

this October image