Home U.S. Coin Forum

A Simple Thanks . . . WTCG

DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
I wear many hats in the course of my non-numismatic life and see individuals of varying degrees of competence. I have learned to appreciate those who perform professionally and really have their act completely 'together'.

Wei Chang, WTCG here on the Boards, has never met me. We have interacted only briefly in a few numismatic purchases over the last little while. I am certainly not a 'whale' in the "Legend" term, and have some specific needs that are almost more of a numismatic nuisance than an opportunity (thus far) for a great profit margin, yet Wei has taken extra time and effort to treat my minor needs like 6-figure purchases.

Rest assured, I'll be recommending him to others with gusto, and feel lucky to be able to purchase from him. Yes, I have learned to appreciate competence and professionalism, and he has those qualities in spades. Oh, and I'll be buying lunch at Long Beach someday. Guaranteed.

Now back to our regular AT and 64-D Dollar discussions . . .

Drunner

Comments

• tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Never purchased anything from him, but from the times I've met him, I can tell he's a true class act.
  • What a pleasure to see on the Forum.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I've met Wei several times. He's OK in my book.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the pleasure of meeting Wei in Long Beach a couple of times. He is pleasant, cheerful and knowlegable - and seems to have the respect of his fellow dealers, at least in my observation of his interactions.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have purchased many coins from Wei. He is a class act dealer.image
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What a pleasure to see on the Forum.

Ron >>

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have met Wei at Seattle area shows... he is a very nice guy and super knowledgeable. Cheers, RickO
  • ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wei is absolutely a nice guy, very knowledgable and trustworthy. He knows a quality coin when he sees one.

- Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭
    Never met in person ...............had great dealings with WTCG

Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wei is the "KOOLEST" guy around... And the best to deal with. image

• << <i>Wei is absolutely a nice guy, very knowledgable and trustworthy. He knows a quality coin when he sees one.

- Ian >>

image simply one of the best!
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice thread. image
  • dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    I've met Wei and have sold a very nice proof seated dime to him a while back. He's definitely a class act and one of the good guys.
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with all of the above! A pleasure to deal with for sure!

K
    ANA LM
  • I have bought from Wei once so far and it was a pleasure.

• << <i>Wei is absolutely a nice guy, very knowledgable and trustworthy. He knows a quality coin when he sees one.

Ian is exactly right. Wei's a great guy...and he unarguably travels more than any other coin dealer in the country...
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wear many hats in the course of my non-numismatic life and see individuals of varying degrees of competence. I have learned to appreciate those who perform professionally and really have their act completely 'together'.

Wei Chang, WTCG here on the Boards, has never met me. We have interacted only briefly in a few numismatic purchases over the last little while. I am certainly not a 'whale' in the "Legend" term, and have some specific needs that are almost more of a numismatic nuisance than an opportunity (thus far) for a great profit margin, yet Wei has taken extra time and effort to treat my minor needs like 6-figure purchases.

Rest assured, I'll be recommending him to others with gusto, and feel lucky to be able to purchase from him. Yes, I have learned to appreciate competence and professionalism, and he has those qualities in spades. Oh, and I'll be buying lunch at Long Beach someday. Guaranteed.

Now back to our regular AT and 64-D Dollar discussions . . .

Drunner >>

Very professional, informative post; well written. And, I agree 100%.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wei is also as 'in tune" with the market as any dealer I've met, and has always been tremendously generous sharing his insight. He's one of the good guys in my book.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy any person who stands up because of their principles. Many of you fit that mold. Take heart !
  • SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭
    WTCG helped me find a much needed coin for my collection......

I couldn't have asked for a nicer quality/color coin for the grade!

When I get back in the coin buying mode, my want list will go to Wei!

imageimage

• BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Last year at CoinFest Wei took time out of his obviously busy day to give this mostly cluess rookie and education. Classy guy.

I should also point out that I had never met him before right then, either!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have purchased several coins from Wei over the years and each transaction was courteous and professional ... and a great value. I have also met him in person and can attest that he is a personable gentleman.

Wei ... looks like you are developing quite a fan club! image

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Wei is a great guy and always take time out to say hi and help me out
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and Wei can bench press 420 lbs.............MJ

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I had one encounter with Wei at an ANA a few years ago. I stopped to introduce myself when I saw him hustling across the bourse floor. I mentioned a coin I was looking for and though he did not have one, he said he'd keep it in mind as he worked the show. The next day I bumped into him again and he told me he spotted a good example of what I was looking for at a certain dealer's table. He was right, and I bought the coin. Nothing in it for him. I thought that was very kind of him to do that.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• He's a nice fellow, and very knowledgeable too.
    All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure - Mark Twain

• << <i>and Wei can bench press 420 lbs.............MJ >>

image thanks, mj... I needed a good morning chuckle...

Wei is the epitomy of "class act" in my book... if every dealer were like him, we would have no need for an ANA, PNG, TPG's or Lawyers in this hobby/business...
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file