Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I am glad I had an opportunity to illuminate the forum about another option for selling coins...

RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
and it is silly that the thread was deleted (unless it went south after I stopped following it).

Comments

• Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    You were promoting a competetor...shame on you!!! imageimage

I for one did not know it was possible to sell in such a venue in the previously described manner. Thanks for the info, but I understand why it was deleted (If such was the case.)
  • Options
    That is a shame. The thread contained potentially helpful information about selling coins, many of them, which would necessarily be PCGS coins.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh okay
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>You were promoting a competetor...shame on you!!! imageimage

I for one did not know it was possible to sell in such a venue in the previously described manner. Thanks for the info, but I understand why it was deleted (If such was the case.) >>

I did not realize that PCGS made a market in PCGS-graded coins. Next time I have one to sell, I will contact customer service for an offer.
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Clearly PCGS thinks there is a conflict of interest, or they would not have deleted it.

From what I have seen, any thread that carries the acronyms of NGC, CAC or ANACS get deleted...unless it's in the BST. I have lost a few threads that way, I am sorry to say.

• Options
    earlyAurumearlyAurum Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry that the thread was deleted. It addressed an important aspect of the numismatic market place that newbies like myself appreciate. I need to think a little more about the conflict of interest with our host.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RYK, re-post it across the street, or have SageRad do it for you.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You always illuminate the forum, regardless of the subject matter.
  • Options
    "I did not realize that PCGS made a market in PCGS-graded coins. Next time I have one to sell, I will contact customer service for an offer."

imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>RYK, re-post it across the street, or have SageRad do it for you. >>

I will do it later.

Twosides, is that a "weak D"? image
  • Options
    Sir RYK, yes it is a "weak" D. I've shown Mr Feld who's recommended that I get it slabbed by ours truly. I just haven't gotten to it, yet.
  • Options

<< <i>Sir RYK, yes it is a "weak" D. I've shown Mr Feld who's recommended that I get it slabbed by ours truly. I just haven't gotten to it, yet. >>

Luckily for you, your procrastination has not been accompanied by a drop in the price of gold, thereby pummeling the coin's value.image
  • Options
    <---Laughing, Mark.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir RYK, yes it is a "weak" D. I've shown Mr Feld who's recommended that I get it slabbed by ours truly.

Will CAC sticker "Weak D's"?

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Sir RYK, yes it is a "weak" D. I've shown Mr Feld who's recommended that I get it slabbed by ours truly.

image >>

Oy vay! image
  • Options

<< <i>Sir RYK, yes it is a "weak" D. I've shown Mr Feld who's recommended that I get it slabbed by ours truly.

image >>

No comment, but will PCGS tape your mouth?image
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Is the coin for sale? >>

No, he needs to have PCGS grade it first.image
  • Options

<< <i>

No, he needs to have PCGS grade it first.image >>

Do any other parties have to render an opinion?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

No, he needs to have PCGS grade it first.image >>

Do any other parties have to render an opinion? >>

Yes, the coin's owner.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree that mentioning CAC, NGC, or ANACS results in poofs. Threads get poofed when members post disrespectful comments about a TPG.

It was a mistake to kill the thread, IMO. There was good information and I didn't see any bashing. Must have been a knee jerk reaction.
    Lance.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    You should have included a picture of a puppy, motorcycle or baby. All would be fine.image
    I found the thread informative.
  • Options
    The initial thread this is in response to definitely impedes on the operation of these here forums. Duh! BST! How am I to find awesome coins on the BST when they've all been sold to those designating said coins as awesome? Geeze! That information is top secret classified mj-12 eyes only!!! Really, thanks for the thread. Not that I have anything with a --- sticker, but it helps for the potential future to know all we can about the hobby.

Aaron
  • Options
    The weak D coin is actually a bit OT (forgive me).

The point being: it's one of them pieces RYK got me to search for when I first started mingling here. (dirty southern gold which I figured would "illuminate" the thread, subtly) It got more attention than I'd hoped image

About the coin being for sale, gradeable, or whether or not CAC would agree with PCGS' grade, in the event it were submitted, was not my intention for posting it.
    It was to give a shout out to a friendly sort on the boards who's inspired me to reach "higher" in numismatics. Then again, Feld, Lustig, TDN and dozens of others do that with their participation, as well. Most have done wonders for "enlightenment" and "illumination" 'round here.

If not for a few, how could any of us learn ?
    P.S. I missed the thread in question. Who would eliminate the truth of what one would illuminate , but the illuminati ? image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone save the thread in question? If so, please PM it to me or point me in the direction it can be found. Thank you, Cheers, RickO

Edited to add... RYK, if you saved your original post, could you PM it to me please? Thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rule 7) This is a PCGS forum. Posts promoting or bashing other grading companies or service are not allowed. Those posts will be removed and your posting privileges may be removed as well. >>

Uh,oh. image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did anyone save the thread in question? If so, please PM it to me or point me in the direction it can be found. Thank you, Cheers, RickO

Edited to add... RYK, if you saved your original post, could you PM it to me please? Thanks, Cheers, RickO >>

He started it again ATS. Good read.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RYK you need to be more crafty about CAC threads. Do what I do, just spell CAC backwards. It's sort of a code and it often slips by the censors image

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

This is one of the few threads that I can relate to because I have no idea what you folks are talking about.....image
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Did anyone save the thread in question? If so, please PM it to me or point me in the direction it can be found. Thank you, Cheers, RickO

Edited to add... RYK, if you saved your original post, could you PM it to me please? Thanks, Cheers, RickO >>

He started it again ATS. Good read. >>

Can't find it. Link? Hint?

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the original post very interesting and informative yesterday...glad I caught it before it went *poof*. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

He started it again ATS. Good read. >>

Can't find it. Link? Hint? >>

It's under Numismatic General forum ATS. It was started by SageRad which is RYK's name ATS.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting information... thanks RYK. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its ashamed that all sides cannot just come together in mind and spirit and realize that what *** does benefits both main TPGs.

But, since this situation exists a word to those who are posting here....big brother is watching (and taking notes) and hopefully several will realize that their forum access could be terminated if those in charge so choose.

And, with the rash of such happenings over the past year, that would be very unfortunate.

....There are many unspoken truths in this World which are not topics of discussion for one reason or another. Those of us who have been with coins in a serious manner for a few years understand one of those truths, and we understand it to the point where further discussion of the truth is not really needed.
  • Options
    Please pm me the "advice". image
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sir RYK, yes it is a "weak" D. I've shown Mr Feld who's recommended that I get it slabbed by ours truly. I just haven't gotten to it, yet. >>

Luckily for you, your procrastination has not been accompanied by a drop in the price of gold, thereby pummeling the coin's value.image >>

Hey....Mark has a sense of humor! I'm saving up my money so I can buy some more coins from him.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    We could call the other guys Kack, N'guck, and, uh... Anacs--we could spell them out: Aye-in-ayesee-ess. That way, P'kugs might just let some threads slip through...
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    "I did not realize that PCGS made a market in PCGS-graded coins. Next time I have one to sell, I will contact customer service for an offer."

The locus of competition is whether the PCGS holder is the source of liquidity, or whether the liquidity is created by another entity. While I'm sure that point might be lost on some, I don't think it is lost on RYK. Any protest is at least partially disingenuous.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file