Home Precious Metals
Options

Engelhard bar indentification please.

Picked this up today at the 'ole B&M shop. Interesting looking poured bar. Anyone know if there's a premium on these? Thanks

edited for spelling
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I think we concluded that the bull means it's from Canadian silver, maybe?

Early bar. I wouldn't pay much of a premium. But I'd pick it out of a lineup and buy it first.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    it does go for a slight premium. The big premiums come from the smaller sizes like the 3 oz, 4 oz, etc
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    thanks guys, got it reasonable.

Another forum member told me this was a Variety B, being that the "999+ 10.000" is spread far apart. The Variety A has those elements close together. There's one on ebay right now.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the back of that bar? Looks damaged. Did you weigh it to make sure someone didn't gouge out some silver?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw one like that on ebay a few years ago that brought a pretty big premium. But not sure which version it was.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    That does look odd, maybe they marked it before weighing it and had to move a little?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    It weighs 311.2 grams. I think what's on the back is factory made to make the weight correct.