Home Metal Detecting
Options

What (who?) was missing has now been found!

Hey Fellow MD'ers!!

Due to family illness, my father's passing, a broken ankle/house hunting/found the right one/fix-it-up/finally move in activities (whew!) I haven't seen this forum or my MD for many months. I just purchased a home built in 1964 and cannot wait to hit the dirt!!!! I had no choice but to drop over 40 trees, the cedar shakes need to dry at time in their lives, so lots of areas have been opened up to detecting. The best part is, at least for now, I have lots of dirt! I'm going to have to hit this place hard over the next 12 months, that's about the time before loam & grass seed comes in. It's nice to be back, hoping all of you have made fabulous finds in the past year!!! -Mary
Be Still and Know

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Mary... sounds like the last six months or so have been intense for you. Sorry to hear of your father's passing. I hope you find a lot of good stuff on the new property. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your rough past few months. My dad got me into metal detecting, and we used to go quite often, but when he passed away in 2002, I took a break from it. Got back into it in 2009 and kept our detecting memories alive. Hopefully some detecting will also help you get some peace and quiet.
  • Options
    Good luck on the new diggs ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the condolences everyone. Dad was a great man and certainly the msartest man I will ever know. I wonder why I never realized that when I was 15! I'm looking forward to hitting the dirt again, will keep everyone posted with my finds. Let's hope for more than nails and beer caps. lol
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    hi mary...sorry to hear of your loss, my deepest sympathy....congrats on the new crib, still in so. maine ? hope you can get out and find lots o goodies this fall...best wishes...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Nice to have you back Mary! Sorry to hear of your loss! I'll bet your going to recover some good finds on your new property. Looking forward to your writings! Rich
  • Options
    Sorry about the loss & best of luck