Home Precious Metals
Options

make sure your antivirus is on

I dont know what happened, but I can barely do anything on the site without getting all kinds of virus & malware warnings.

EDIT/UPDATE: Well here's what I did. I did a system restore to 2 weeks ago and no problems here since doing so. Here meaning this website. Honestly dont know what happened but it appears to be alright now. I wasnt trying to cause a widespread panic, just letting other know of a potential problem. I will change the title to something less alarming. Thanks for all of your help.
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    I haven't noticed anything unusual.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont know what happened, but I can barely do anything on the site without getting all kinds of virus & malware warnings. >>

maybe you have been places you shouldn't be?
    are you getting pop-ups?

when you create a topic, CU uses google adds to display links, so on your post there are links for virus removal software, etc.

i did have a "site unavailable" for a wee bit yesterday here.

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    System is fine, at least it's saying it's not infected, but when I am on this site i get all kinds of pop-ups saying that I need to buy an anti virus program because my system is infected, but it is not infected. It only happens when im on any CU board. Been all over the net this morning and it only does it here.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firefox, AB-Plus add on, Microsoft Security Essentials (all of these are free): Zero problems.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>firefox, AB-Plus add on, Microsoft Security Essentials (all of these are free): Zero problems. >>

Sounds like he is using Norton .... I got tired of their false readings & switched over to McAfee.

No problems on my end.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted a simple fix for OPs symptoms (without having to buy the popup's product) on the same thread he posted in the coin forum. Good corrective info for future adware infection that all of us get sooner or later.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    no problems at this end
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    no need to keep responding, title has been changed per requests and update given. But I still feel something is wrong with the site, hence the title of thread.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    No problems here. I have McAfee virus protection. Most problems on my computer are operator relatedimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    No problems here and I have Norton which comes from my ISP for free, Comcast.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    Norton sucksimage
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options

<< <i>Norton sucksimage >>

YEA IT DOES!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its always something image
  • Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    ESET Smart Security is the best I've used. If using free, I go for AVG.
  • Options
    I love Kaspersky
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA