Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Has anyone heard from lordmarcovan ?

I see he hasn't been on the forums in over 3 weeks. Did he ever make it across the pond to search for numismatic treasures?
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I see laurentyvan, the coordinator for the trip hasn't been online for over 3 months? Are they both okay?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...i've been watching the news and i DON'T think they've been near iran so i hope they are well too. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tourist season is wrapping up in Georgia's Golden Isles. He' probably busy selling trinkets. image

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    just wait till he logs back in and sees that everyone now owns a 1964 Peace Dollar.........talk about feeling like Rip Van Winkle

in all honesty, i talk to Rob every so often outside of these forums and he is doing fine........he will be back and posting feverishly before you know it

as mentioned above, i am a bit worried about Laurent......he has been absent for some time now

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    Realone, i can assure you that he has not taken this trip yet

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>just wait till he logs back in and sees that everyone now owns a 1964 Peace Dollar.........talk about feeling like Rip Van Winkle

>>

LOL>
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Any word on the progress of this trip?
  • Options
    a little over a month ago i took my family to coastal Georgia and visited with LordM and his lovely wife.......the kids had a great time.......he is doing fine and will return to the boards in due time, i'm sure

the trip has not taken place yet........i'm hoping Laurent, the trip's coordinator, is alright these days

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear LordM is doing well... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Probably would have been better form to keep those who donated to the trip updated on its progress or return the money. I'm a bit disappointed.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Probably would have been better form to keep those who donated to the trip updated on its progress or return the money. I'm a bit disappointed. >>

I did not donate to the trip, but FilamCoins makes an excellent point that is worth repeating.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, everybody. Sorry for the disappearance.

I just posted a thread on the Darkside regarding this. I've also been in the dark, I'm afraid, but it looks as though Laurent is still alive, fortunately.

The trip fell through, I guess due to lack of communication- I was off the forums for quite a while and so was Laurent. My last communications to him went unanswered.

I thought folks had merely pledged money, and I remain unaware of whether anybody actually sent it or not? If so, I hope it has been returned by now.

I'm still game to try this again next season if people are still interested, though if they aren't, I can certainly understand. My long silence didn't speak well for my interest, I suppose. Truth is, I had other issues intervene. I am interested in doing it, someday, but this year just wasn't the year, I guess. Maybe I'll go on my own dime when I go. I do thank all of you who supported this, though. It was flattering in the extreme to think that folks enjoyed my stories enough to actually send me on an overseas adventure.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Holey of Holeys

Welcome back Lord M!!!!
    The forum is is a caring lot!!!! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file