Home Metal Detecting

Horseshoe after horseshoe!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
They were a novelty at first and I even kept some but now that I've dug 30 the fun has worn off. Can't wait to get the Ace 350 so I can discriminate at least a *little*. This White's PI Dualfield just ain't made for park/trail hunting. That said, I did find a heck of a lot of the old squarehead nails, too. They almost make me happy. No, I've found too many.
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, the DF is for salt water. Being a PI, you are experiencing the reason it is not normally used on land. Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep us posted on how you like the 350 image
  • wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    Find enough of the horseshoes and you can cash them in at the scrap yard.

You need to visit more often too, both places image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will mention though, once again, on another MD forum, there is a fellow who has found caches hidden below horseshoes. It seems the horseshoes were put in the hole as it was being filled to discourage anyone from digging further. He likes horseshoes. Cheers, RickO
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I will mention though, once again, on another MD forum, there is a fellow who has found caches hidden below horseshoes. It seems the horseshoes were put in the hole as it was being filled to discourage anyone from digging further. He likes horseshoes. Cheers, RickO >>

That's some good advice, Rick!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.