Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are SAE's real coins....???

2»

Comments

  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would calling them "dollars" make them seem more like coins? Any one want to call them Walking Liberty Dollars?
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I guess ASEs are legally/technically coins by definition but I consider American Silver Eagles just nice collectibles much like Precious Moments Figurines and Pogs. >>


    The difference is liquidity - in a personal or national emergency, which would be easier to exchange for cash or needed goods?

  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,524 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i><<I think he's just showing folks his pocket piece.>>

    You nailed it 19Lyds, my 6 pocket pieces go everywhere I go, never leave home without emimage

    image >>

    Those rims really protect the design don't they? Not from hits and the like but from "slide wear" when the coins grind against each other. I expect that once the rim goes away that FR12 is just around the corner!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.



    The name is LEE!
  • Options


    << <i>Would calling them "dollars" make them seem more like coins? Any one want to call them Walking Liberty Dollars? >>


    I think so..that's what it say's on them..One Dollar..that's leagal tender.I don't think we have "used the terms of silver and gold" as legal tender ..Have we..??image
    ......Larry........image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file