Home Sports Talk
Options

Dallas beats Dallas.....again... goes 0-2!!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad thing is we actually play someone good next week. If we make the mistakes and turn overs like today we will be 0-3.

All we need is a new kicker and a new head coach and a new offensive corrodinator(sp).

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5-11

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    All we need is a new kicker and a new head coach and a new offensive corrodinator(sp).

Don't forget a new defense...and a couple decent backs while you're at wouldn't hurt, either..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    bucs 2-0
  • Options
    Need to start with coach, need some accountability.
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Coaches lost this one. Martz made a really nice adjustment and the Boys never countered.

What's most responsible for the running game looking so bad? Play-calling, blocking, or backs? All of the above?
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Wade say again, "The better team lost today." ??

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    >>>Don't forget a new defense...and a couple decent backs while you're at wouldn't hurt, either.. <<<

Defense was fine.......take away points off turn overs and what do the bears have......squat! And I'll keep our backs.

We out gained them and then shot ourself in the foot. And a kicker who can't hit anything longer than an extra point.

And what was that brilliant call to kick the pop up off sider in the middle of the game.

I don't know who is making these brilliant calls........but he should be cannon fouder!!!!!
  • Options
    Defense was fine.......take away points off turn overs and what do the bears have......squat! And I'll keep our backs.

You get lit up for nearly 300 yds and 3 TDS with no picks by a QB whose middle initials are INT and you say the D is fine? LOL, you fit right in with the rest of the Dallas coaching staff.

Take away points off TOs? Umm, this is the NFL...good teams capitalize on mistakes made by inferior teams.

Hard to win if you total less than 40 yds rushing, too.

• Options
    Boy you have a way of swaying stats to get what you want out of them. The nearly 300yds was because of TO's.

And we lit them up for 400yds. And you don't really run the ball that much when your behind!

If your going to argue with me and least make sense and not just talk trash because you hate Dallas.image
  • Options
    Boy you have a way of swaying stats to get what you want out of them. The nearly 300yds was because of TO's.

That might be the silliest comment I've ever read on these boards...LOL...I gotta say, though, you are quite entertaining, if not clueless..

P.S. Here's another clue for ya...yards gained through the air when your team is BEHIND are much easier (and less important since the opposing D is playing what they call a "prevent" defense) than those gained when your team is AHEAD.

I actually have Romo on one my CU fantasy team, so when Dallas is behind late, that's just more points for me! image

• Options

Oh gee, that hurt. Grote I could engrave on the head of a pin what you know about football....actually probably of all sports!image
  • Options
    Oh gee, that hurt. Grote I could engrave on the head of a pin what you know about football....actually probably of all sports!

Like I said, you are quite entertaining, LOL..

• Options
    Maybe the expectations for this Dallas team are a bit lofty. They have no go to RB. Seems hard to establish any ball control or ground attack. And although Cutler was mr. int last year, he's a quality QB playing under a new system which seems to be benefiting him. I thought the Bears played well and earned the win.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    Maybe the expectations for this Dallas team are a bit lofty. They have no go to RB. Seems hard to establish any ball control or ground attack. And although Cutler was mr. int last year, he's a quality QB playing under a new system which seems to be benefiting him. I thought the Bears played well and earned the win.

No, no. no, you got it all wrong...the "Boys backs are just great and if it weren't for the turnovers (and reality, but let's not let that get in the way), Dallas would be undefeated, and Dallas beat Dallas, the Bears had nothing to do with it..image

• Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Garrett needs to actually stick w/ the run for once, b/c he wants to throw the ball on every down. Today's loss reminds me of the game against the Packers last year when Garrett stopped calling running plays and Dom Capers said calling plays against the Cowboys became very easy.

The mental mistakes the Cowboys are making is amazing, I'm not sure if its their attitude toward preseason or just being careless. I also think the refs whistle was slow when Roy fumbled. He was no longer moving forward and falling backward and the refs failed to whistle him down.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options

Yes, I WILL stick with Barber as RB. And yes, if we hadn't turned the ball over and beat ourselves we would be 2-0.

But we didn't so we are 0-2. And we will not only have to cut out the mistakes, but we will have to play to our potential to win next week at Houston. Houston is better than the skins and the bears.
  • Options
    Last season the Cowboys didn't start playing well until they were at rock bottom (then they played the game of the year in beating the heavily favored Saints). So, if they hold true to form, they should step up against a Texans team that many are predicting will run right through the Cowboys. As far as the replacements go, I would recommend only one. Get rid of the moron that fired Jimmy Johnson and Tom Landry and hired guys like Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, Barry Switzer, and Wade Phillips. Jerry Jones might as well just be his own coach, because I am sure he thinks he knows more about it than anyone he could possibly hire.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options

<< <i>Last season the Cowboys didn't start playing well until they were at rock bottom (then they played the game of the year in beating the heavily favored Saints). So, if they hold true to form, they should step up against a Texans team that many are predicting will run right through the Cowboys. As far as the replacements go, I would recommend only one. Get rid of the moron that fired Jimmy Johnson and Tom Landry and hired guys like Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, Barry Switzer, and Wade Phillips. Jerry Jones might as well just be his own coach, because I am sure he thinks he knows more about it than anyone he could possibly hire. >>

Overall I agree but I have two exceptions. Landry's time was up and Gailey was a pretty good coach. To this day I don't know why he was replaced after two seasons.

title.
  • Options

I'm sorry, but Gailey WAS a moron and so is Phillips. And yes, I would love to replace Jerry Jones as owner. But the owner is the ONLY person you can't replace.....he owns the team! He should have gone after the coach that the skins have now. He is a good coach.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best dream I ever had, other than the Eagles winning a Super Bowl, and the one being in the shower with the Eagles cheerleaders, is the Cowboys going 0 - 16. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>I'm sorry, but Gailey WAS a moron and so is Phillips. And yes, I would love to replace Jerry Jones as owner. But the owner is the ONLY person you can't replace.....he owns the team! He should have gone after the coach that the skins have now. He is a good coach. >>

Gailey re-established the Cowboys after Switzer ran the francise into the ground.

title.
  • Options
    < I'm sorry, but Gailey WAS a moron and so is Phillips. And yes, I would love to replace Jerry Jones as owner. But the owner is the ONLY person you can't replace.....he owns the team! He should have gone after the coach that the skins have now. He is a good coach. >>

Gailey re-established the Cowboys after Switzer ran the francise into the ground.

Don't confuse Dimeman with logic or facts...he prefers his own fantasy world when it comes to the Cowboys, thank you very much...image

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>if we hadn't turned the ball over and beat ourselves.../q]

Have I told you about my aunt?
  • Options

<< <i>I But the owner is the ONLY person you can't replace.....he owns the team! >>

Captain Obvious will be appearing here every Sunday evening during the NFL season, with a special show on Thanksgiving Night.

Please remember to tip your bartenders and wait staff and try the veal.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    When the lines were posted for week 2, and I saw that the Cowboys were 7 point favorites, I literally laughed out loud.

Easiest pick of the week.
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He should have gone after the coach that the skins have now. He is a good coach. >>

No, no, no, ... you got it all wrong ... the Skins don't have a good coach ... remember the Cowboys just beat themselves in week 1.

The Cowboys owner, coaches and players are all the greatest ... and if it wasn't for the turnovers, the penalities, and the playcalling, Dallas would be undefeated. But Dallas just got beat by Dallas again! The Redskins * and Bears had nothing to do with it.

* (editors note - next week when Dimeman's crying at 0 and 3 ... insert comma after Redskins and include new word Texans).

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not liked the Cowboys since they easily beat the Broncos in the 1978 Superbowl [yeah it was 32 years ago, but so what, it still bugs meimage].

So anytime the Cowboys lose football games it makes my day a little brighter.

To be fair to the Cowboy organization, I must admit I still like the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleadersimage
  • Options
    Terence Newman says the Cowboys need to practice harder, I guess he means they are slacking off in the dept.

Jerry Jones can't be happy, his dream of the Cowboys playing in the Super Bowl at home is slipping away fast.
  • Options
    Before the season started, who would have thought that going in to week 3, Houston would be the favorite vs. Dallas??

• Options
    vs Houstion is a must win for the Cowboys if they want to salvage their season. They need to get their act
    together this week in practice.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Best dream I ever had, other than the Eagles winning a Super Bowl, and the one being in the shower with the Eagles cheerleaders, is the Cowboys going 0 - 16. LOL >>

That has to suck never winning the big one.
  • Options

<< <i>5-11 >>

I hope you do not have your hopes up for a Super Bowl win.
  • Options
    Houston a 3 pt favorite at home against the Romos.

Lock of the week.
  • Options
    5-11 >>

Still bitter over that beating we gave you last Sunday? image

• Options
    Cowboys are one game out of first place.
  • Options

<< <i> 5-11 >>

Still bitter over that beating we gave you last Sunday? image >>

I am not a Patriots fan.
  • Options
    [<< 5-11 >>

Still bitter over that beating we gave you last Sunday? >>

I am not a Patriots fan.

Forgot that bandwagon emptied some time ago...my bad..

• Options

<< <i>[<< 5-11 >>

Still bitter over that beating we gave you last Sunday? >>

I am not a Patriots fan.

Forgot that bandwagon emptied some time ago...my bad.. >>

Bottom line is that you are a sore loser. You have not won or been to a Super Bowl in over four decades and the Pats have dominated your division for the past ten years. I know the Cowboys have not won since the "internet", but the J-E-T-S have not won since cable was invented or Richard Nixon was in office. Crap, Woodstock was the following Summer. I can go on and on because alot has happened since 1969. Think of it, 41 years has passed since you were in a Super Bowl. You have the balls to bust on any team. The Saints, yes the "Aints" have won a Super Bowl and the Arizona Cardinals and Philadelphia Eagles have at least BEEN to a Super Bowl since your last Super Bowl appearence.
  • Options

<< <i> I know the Cowboys have not won since the "internet", >>

One more time, the internet was available to the general public in 1992. Cowboys have won the Super Bowl twice since then.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I know the Cowboys have not won since the "internet", >>

One more time, the internet was available to the general public in 1992. Cowboys have won the Super Bowl twice since then. >>

I was using his quote
  • Options
    Garibaldi,

Why all the bitterness? Sure, I know the Jets haven't won a SB since 1969 (though we've had much more postseason sucess than Dallas in the last decade), and I don't claim otherwise.

When I said that Dallas has won one playoff game since the internet was created, I was being facetious. Facetious comments usually employ some kind of exaggeration. Sorry you missed that.

It's all good, Jets are 1-1, Cowboys are 0-2, and there's plenty of football left!

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!!

Edit: On second thought, I understand your bitterness...most Cowboy fans are a bit ornery these days, and that's perfectly understandable..carry on.image

• Options
    Grote,
    There is no bitterness here, I just needed to point out to you how bad your team has been. You were so nice to do it with the Cowboys, I just figured that I would expand on it a little. I just wanted to show you a little history and point out how bad the last 41 years have been.
  • Options

<< <i>most Cowboy fans are a bit ornery these days >>

My wife had a baby a month ago so yeah, I've been quite a bit hor.......Oh you said ornery. My bad.
  • Options
    [I just needed to point out to you how bad your team has been.

I am a Mets fan, so one title in 40 years seems pretty decent to me, LOL...

• Options
    Hey Grote, just curious, and I really don't know, who has the best total record (regular and playoff) over the last 40 years. Jets or Cowboys?

And what is our record head to head?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can't all be lucky enough to have been Eagles fans who won 3 NFL championships...the last one being in 1960, and while that may seem a long time ago, in geological time it's almost nothing.
  • Options
    Sorry Steve but I'll take my Cowboys over your eagles anyday. We have won 5 Super Bowls to your 1. We have a winning record against you overall.......................and despite our poor showing and beating we took from the Vikes last year......

WE BEAT THE eagles THREE OUT OF THREE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADE MY YEAR!!!!!!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Dear Lord/Ghandi/Budda/Alah/Whatever,

If the Cowgirls go 0-3 after this weekend, I promise to be nicer to their fans and not talk too much smack for the rest of this year.

Thanks for listening.

B
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry Steve but I'll take my Cowboys over your eagles anyday. We have won 5 Super Bowls to your 1. We have a winning record against you overall.......................and despite our poor showing and beating we took from the Vikes last year......

WE BEAT THE eagles THREE OUT OF THREE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADE MY YEAR!!!!!! >>

When did the Eagles win a Super Bowl?
  • Options
    [ Sorry Steve but I'll take my Cowboys over your eagles anyday. We have won 5 Super Bowls to your 1. We have a winning record against you overall.......................and despite our poor showing and beating we took from the Vikes last year......

WE BEAT THE eagles THREE OUT OF THREE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADE MY YEAR!!!!!! >>

When did the Eagles win a Super Bowl?

As I stated previously in this thread (and the word thread is used loosely here), Dimeman has little concern for the facts, other than to type in CAPS that the Cowboys either a) beat themselves and/or got screwed or b) are great...