Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Six Cents! The Feuchtwanger way...

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
My new one, and my old one...together again, the first time since Dr. Feuchtwanger made them in 1837


image
image

Comments

  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.... Thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I noticed right away, was the sound they made "clinking" against themselves. Not like silver, not like copper, not like a pair of nickels....a foreign sound.

    I like the way these look worn, and yes, even with the planchet defects. They remind me of a worn large cent, indeed, they are from that era.
  • Options
    hey -

    does PCGS slab these ?
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>does PCGS slab these ? >>



    Certainly......

    That is quite a cool pair !
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS has Thirty slabbed. However, I dont think these two, with planchet defects would slab, ANACS will slab them though...they have Twelve slabbed. Im not sure how many NGC has, if someone would look that up....I do THINK its eighteen though.

    Pretty rare bird.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>PCGS has Thirty slabbed. However, I dont think these two, with planchet defects would slab, ANACS will slab them though...they have Twelve slabbed. Im not sure how many NGC has, if someone would look that up....I do THINK its eighteen though.

    Pretty rare bird. >>



    PCGS would Genuine Only them.

    ANACS, ICG, NGC/NCS, and SEGS would detail net grade both.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Cool! I would rather have them in a PCGS Genuine that anacs or ngc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file