Home Sports Talk
Options

Seattle Seahawks Superbowl Thread

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
1st place, NFC Worst! image

Wahoo!

Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Still in first...... 14 games to go. Wahoo!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Thread is the key word, because that's what we as Seahawk fans are holding on by. Watching the 9'ers tonight, I still think they come back and win the west. I just can't see Hassleback holding up the whole season.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would Seattle just go ahead and make Forsett the feature back already...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Doug,
    You said it. Hasselback will be lucky to survive the season. Quite honestly; he's a bad player at this point. Put some pressure on him and he throws an interception. Not a good situation with the Hawks. It's all going to crumble soon.

Mickey71image
  • Options
    Would Seattle just go ahead and make Forsett the feature back already...

My thoughts exactly ... Jones is a real plodder compared to Justin. Forsett isn't OJ Simpson, but he's the best back they have.

Dave
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    The NFC west is horrible. It's always been the worst division in football. It allowed the Niners to prance into all those super bowls with barely a scratch on them but this year is probably the worst. The Niners look like the best team in the division but could easily win the division at 8-8.
  • Options
    Larryallen,
    This could be a 7-9 division winner. If the Niners are the team to go 8-8...then they would have to go 8-6 the rest of the way. Even if the defense comes around, the offense is not very good. I'm almost thinking that the Cardinals could still be the team to beat. They have a few recognizable stars. And yes, the division is the worst I've ever seen. It's been like this for about 8 years.

Mickey71image
  • Options
    Some how I don't see the Niners going 8-8. Just got a feeling....

GO Seahawks! Oct 3rd, and still in 1st Place!

Dave

• Options
    Dave, I praise you for your optimism. But they sucked today and I don't see them winning a road game all year. Sorry.
  • Options
    Talk about a weak division...the Rams may wind up taking the crown when all is said and done...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    The comment about the NFC West allowing the Niners to prance into all of those Super Bowls.. well, THAT NFC West was not the same as this one. The Niners had to deal with some excellent Rams teams that were regularly in the playoffs and the Jim Mora Saints teams which were also in the playoffs a number of times. And in the early 90's, even the Falcons were a strong playoff contender. San Francisco did not have an easy route for those Super Bowls. As a matter of fact, in 1988 they were involved in a three way tie at 10-6 with the Rams and Saints. From 1983-1992, the NFC West sent at least two teams to the playoffs in every single season, and that was when there were only 5 teams per conference in the playoffs. The NFC West of today bears little resemblance to those brutal days.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Matt Hasselbeck????? Is this like the 95 Mariners...Are we holding on to the distant past? Has he been good in the last 4 years? The coach is not stupid and is not going to sit and just watch his job waste away. If this keeps up he will make a change at QB. He will have no choice. It's better to go 5-11 while making some changes and taking a few chances then to go 5-11 with an aging QB and a lifeless offense. The Hawks lack in overall talent.

This is not looking good. There could be a number of losses in a row.

I'm going to put a crazy scenerio out there. The whole division sucks....the Niners should have won in Atlanta yesterday. They could still come back and win at 7-9 or 8-8. I mean someone has to win.

In reality:the Niners are decent, the Hawks, Rams and Cardinals suck. This could actually be interesting. Between the Hawks, Rams and Cardinals--How many road wins are they going to get. This is terrible and this thread is going to be fun.

Mickey71
  • Options
  • Options
    In realitythe Niners are decent...

Too much whacky weed?

Dave

• Options
    Hawks back in 1st! WAHOO!!!

Dave
  • Options
    November 8th, and still in 1st. Half way home!

WAHOO!

Dave
  • Options
    The Seahawks are atrocious. With the injuries recently....they may not win another game.

I'm really starting to think a team wins the division at 7-9 with a tie breaker. The whole division is awful. The Seahawks entire season is this weekend. They have to beat the Cards or else they are done.
  • Options
    I was on the field for Sundays game and the air went out of that stadium after the first quarter. Charlie White"worst" couldn't hit the side of a barn and they had no energy what so ever. Mickey's right, win this weekend or it's over, and I'm sure they will be underdogs against the Cards.
  • Options
    Hi Doug. I sold my tickets to the game. Best financial decision I ever made.
  • Options
    Sole possesion of 1st place, NFC Worst.

All is right in Seattle tonight! image

Dave
  • Options
    Seattle killed the Cardinals and could not run on short yardage to save their lives. It was a brutal game to watch. Hasselbeck got hurt without even getting hit. He can not stay healthy at all. His body is just breaking down.

Seattle people will remember this.....The reporters used to ask Holmgren why they never do a QB sneek on 4th and inches and he would say that Matt was a bad QB sneeker. Well today proved Holmgren correct. Hasselbeck is about as mobile as a turd.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Hawks to win---they just suck and the division just sucks even worse. It's the most pitiful football I've ever seen.

7-9 could get this done.
  • Options
    Still in 1st place! Thanks SF, SL, and AZ!

Next victim, K.C.

Dave
  • Options
    I'm starting to laugh at how bad this division is. Seattle has some tough games left. 7-9 could get this done. The last game in Seattle will be for the division against the Rams. They could both be 6-9 going into that game.image
  • Options
    With the tie breaker. The rams could get this done at 6-10....Oh my God. It's possible.
  • Options
    Dec 5th, and still in 1st Place! Wahoo.....Go Hawks!

Next up, the lowly 49ers. image

Dave
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Dec 5th, and still in 1st Place! Wahoo.....Go Hawks!

Next up, the lowly 49ers. image

Dave >>

As a former season ticket holder for the 'Hawks, I'm calling this game right now. Seattle wins 19-9. Book it!
  • Options
    lol is all i need to say
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    CNote,
    You are guaranteeing victory on the road....."WOW" have you seen the Hawks play?

I hope they win too.

Mickey71image
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I haven't missed a game, either in person or on television, in about 12 years. Yes, I know how that team plays on the road...but man, the 49ers are in such shambles, if Mike Williams plays, they might actually put 40 up on the home team.
  • Options
    I'm going to jump on the small band wagon that it is and pick the Seahawks win at SF, gulp! One of these days they'll be consistant why not start this weekend? 24-21 Hawks
  • Options
    SEA 24, SF 16

Wahoo!

Dave
  • Options
    Super Bowl? Try breaking .500 first, LOL..

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Boy, the Hawks really do suck.

• Options
    Basically, only mathematics got them in this position because the division is so bad. There's 1 problem.....they now have to win a game, which they have little or no chance. They are absolutely terrible at this point. The QB situation is just awful. Hard to believe; but the coach will have some explaining to do because they are turning out to be no more competitive than they were last year.

Not sure what they saw in Whitehurst. Not sure he is even a professional player.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Hasselbeck gets hurt running two feet into the end zone untouched and White"worst" throws like he has 5 thumbs. To top it all off, the whole country gets to see how pitiful we are on national TV Sunday night. Hopefully STL can put the Seahawks out of their misery.
  • Options
    Pigs (Doug),
    What's really crazy about the whole thing...The Rams suck and most fans including me think we have no chance at home against a team that is real bad. I just can't believe how un-athletic Hasselbeck is at this point. I know he's 35 which is not a spring chicken...but come on. If the Hawks resign him that will seal their doom for the next 5 years. I would not sign him under any circumstance. He can not move within the pocket, can not run at all and is brittle as peanut brittle. Some may argue...he's good when he's healthy--I think not. They have no option but to draft the best available QB.

If all of this bull crap keeps up with the Seattle franchises....a couple more may be joining the Sonics. I just recently heard that the Mariners have been losing alot of money over the past few seasons. This really concerns me especially with an owner who has no interest in baseball at all and has never come to a Mariner game that I am aware of.image
  • Options

<< <i>Pigs (Doug),
    What's really crazy about the whole thing...The Rams suck and most fans including me think we have no chance at home against a team that is real bad. I just can't believe how un-athletic Hasselbeck is at this point. I know he's 35 which is not a spring chicken...but come on. If the Hawks resign him that will seal their doom for the next 5 years. I would not sign him under any circumstance. He can not move within the pocket, can not run at all and is brittle as peanut brittle. Some may argue...he's good when he's healthy--I think not. They have no option but to draft the best available QB.

If all of this bull crap keeps up with the Seattle franchises....a couple more may be joining the Sonics. I just recently heard that the Mariners have been losing alot of money over the past few seasons. This really concerns me especially with an owner who has no interest in baseball at all and has never come to a Mariner game that I am aware of.image >>

The owner of the Mariners isn't the only one that's not going to come to a Mariner game next season. They've done squat this off season and it looks bad for 2011. As far as the Seahawks go, I'll be on the sidelines this Sunday to see first hand how quickly the fans turn on them. It won't take long for a mass exodus if they aren't playing well.
  • Options
    The Hawks WILL win the West! Trust me, boys! I'm just not sure how, assuming Hasselbeck sits. But will he? Really?

Come on Hawks - git r done! image

Dave
  • Options
    The Rams and Bradford are a team on the rise and a season away from being a very good football team. The Seahawks, unfortunately, are moving in the opposite direction. Who will be the QB when Hasselbeck finally and completely breaks down? Does Whitehurst have photos of Pete Carroll dressed in drag? I can't see any other way he'd be on an NFL roster..

• Options
    Grote15,
    Yes, it can be argued that the Hawks are moving in a different direction. I don't know what they are doing.
    At running back....what are they doing? Forsett at one time was getting some yardage and now it seems like he hardly plays. Beast mode is not very quick or beastly at all. He seems like a very below average NFL running back.

Like I said....If the Hawks do not win on Sunday the coach will be answering some seriously tough questions. One of the questions may be....Why is this team worse than last years? 4th down and short-this team can't run to save their life. Have Tatupu and Trufant become old?

This is a tough question to even ask.....Is Curry a complete bust?

I mean: What is going on here?

• Options
    "We must protect this house!"

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>The Hawks WILL win the West! Trust me, boys! I'm just not sure how, assuming Hasselbeck sits. But will he? Really?

Come on Hawks - git r done! image

Dave >>

Nice going Dave, your passion and energy paid off I guess. Very impressive win tonight, Whitehurst made no mistakes and the defense played out of their minds. Who knows what will happen next Saturday with another game at home.
  • Options
    Doug,
    Entertaining game. The Rams offense was anemic. Whitehurst won that game with his legs. He got rid of the ball each time to make a small play or at least avoid the sack during the rush. He did those things that Hasselbeck can not do.

CONGRATS to the Hawks. What was that time out by Carroll and what was the 1st down that was not even close?

Bring on the Saints and that overrated Reggie Bush.

Mickey71
  • Options
    We protected this house! Contrats, Hawks!

Dang cold at Quest tonight; dang c-c-old. I would have dropped some of those Bradford passes too.

Next up, N.O. Yikes. Hasselbeck or 'Checkdown' Charlie? Hmmmmmm.....makes for an interesting week.

Dave
  • Options
    I would go with Charlie but I bet Hasselbeck will start. They definitely need to score more than one touchdown against the Saints next week or it's over. If the defense shows up again, who knows.
  • Options
    During the game, I kept thinking 'is this the change of the guard' ?

Charlie's mobility really paid dividends tonight.

I agree, if Hasselbeck is 95%, he'll start next week. Carroll trusts him more, right or wrong. But maybe there will be a quick hook?

Makes for an interesting saga.

Go Hawks!

Dave

• Options
    Can't believe you guys are in the playoffs...while I'm happy for you and my dude Publius, I really can't believe it...

I'm sure most will agree with me when I say that the ass beatings you guys endured in Tampa and Atlanta the last two weeks will probably be your same fate next week against New Orleans (like earlier this year). Who knows, you guys will have the upper hand with home field advantage. Good luck though, it'd be cool to see you guys make a run like the Cards did a couple years back.
  • Options
    Saints are a solid 10 pt favorite....

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Dave