Home Precious Metals
Options

Who's in for the 1 Oz Silver 2011 Canadian Wolf?

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
Looks like a nice coin with a mintage total of 1 million. the first in a new series of Canadian Wildlife issues, 6 total over 3 years.

They are priced the same as Maples so I will just split my normal Canadian Maple buy in half and grab some of these.

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    I will be buying a couple at Provident Metal (they have the best prices, IMO).
    I liked the 2006 design and think these will make a nice set for my collection.
    I am not planning to built the whole Wildlife series, unless they come out with very nice designs.
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the wolf..very emblematic of Canada
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I love them!! I'd be tempted to get several since I have some friends that love wolves. The cheapest place I've seen them though is Apmex but with their shipping, puts it WAAAAAY over spot.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    any reason to buy in Canada in person?
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't bring myself to own any coinage with a portrait of the queen that ugly. 1989 and 1988 Maples are awesome. If it's gotta be a newly issued 1oz silver coin for me then I'd go with the ASE or Mexi Libertad.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Which side is the wolf?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    I was hoping to buy a tube on a price dip to go with my 20 '06 ½ ozers. . .

. . . Don't look like thats happening any time soon ! ! ! imageimage

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Which side is the wolf? >>

You are mean Mr. Bear! No soup for you!

Mine arrived today. Here are a couple of shots.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't bring myself to own any coinage with a portrait of the queen that ugly. >>

Text

Yes, I agree, it's unfortunate that Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and various other coinage bears the miserably unattractive portrait of the Queen. I'm furthermore not at all enamored of her politics. All those otherwise wonderfully designed coins of the British Commonwealth countries are therefore ruined for me. But they're not nearly as bad as Krugerands which are even uglier in appearance and also were a reflection of the fascist apartheid regime in S.A.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I am, I have some of the 1/2 oz ones from a few years back. I believe they are the same design.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice $24 pocket piece!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    I"ll probably try to pick up a couple.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered one tube from APMEX...not cheap ... with s&h ... almost $28 a coin.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

I will order at least 5 maybe 10.I like the look of the reverse.Nice pic mesquite
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the wolf reverse. I don't like the higher premium for a bullion coin and they don't fill a need for me that the Silver American Eagles don't already fill.

The Mongolian Wolverine coin was much more awesome and if I really wanted a cool wildlife coin, that'd be my preference.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
    I just ordered 3 from Provident Metal - $85.00 (including shipping).
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    Will they produce these is silver only?
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405

<< <i>Will they produce these is silver only? >>

They minted a 1/25 oz few years ago. This series should be just silver, for a total of 6 coins.
  • Options

<< <i>I bought 20 of them. Some for gifts, some to keep as a hedge if paper money goes the way of the dinosaur, some for their potential numismatic upside and some just because I like them. >>

That pretty much covers it! image

I have a pack of the 1/2 oz juveniles, so I had to bring in the Alphas to complete the pack.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Just received my sealed tube of 25 MintDirect from APMEX. To bad they are sold out, would have liked to buy one more.image
  • Options
    I bought a sheet of 10 today! image
    (heck, they are expensive though)
  • Options

<< <i>I bought a sheet of 10 today! image
    (heck, they are expensive though) >>

Yeah, the individual ones are still available, but the 25 coin tube ones are not.
  • Options

<< <i>

Yeah, the individual ones are still available, but the 25 coin tube ones are not. >>

I bought it on eBay. Couldn't find any mint sheet elsewhere.

What's up with the MintDirect, OPA? It's just a warranty that the tubes haven't been searched? Did you open yours?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yeah, the individual ones are still available, but the 25 coin tube ones are not. >>

I bought it on eBay. Couldn't find any mint sheet elsewhere.

What's up with the MintDirect, OPA? It's just a warranty that the tubes haven't been searched? Did you open yours? >>

MintDirect are rolls that are sealed by APMEX after they are received from the Mint. No, I did not open my roll, it still has the plastic MintDirect seal on it. (Unfortunately, one cannot inspect the coins)

BTW the rolls are once again available at APMEX ... click on the Link about MintDirect....The video will show the process.

MintDirect video
  • Options
    Thank you OPA, I will check the video tonight at home.
    It is an interesting new way to sell bullions, imo.
    It's not for me though, I will eventually end up opening the roll! image
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    So what is the next coin in the series?

Will the wolf sell out and gain a premium?

--Jerry
  • Options

Just Released: 2011 Grizzly

Still waiting on these to show up on APs websites (I am told late this month)

Silver Coins Today Article

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>Just Released: 2011 Grizzly

Still waiting on these to show up on APs websites (I am told late this month)

Silver Coins Today Article >>

Likewise, but it's gonna cost a fortune. I already made a several hundred $ profit on the Wolf Roll.