Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sell Out Prediction for DCarr's 1964-D Peace Dollar???

I couldn't help myself image

Countdown from 2,000... or countdown to a cease-and-desist letter from the Secret Service... what say you?
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Time to stock up on some rolls.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I predict he will indeed make two thousand and in two years they will bring over $1,000 each on eBay. And that's the reason I ordered one.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes I predict he will indeed make two thousand and in two years they will bring over $1,000 each on eBay. And that's the reason I ordered one. >>

Same here. But he will have a sell out faster then the Gold Buchanans. Well some one hade to give us what we wanted, I like his 2009 Silver Dollar he should make the 1st spouse's in silver now that would be verry cool. but that is just me, Type2. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    O.T. I've seen this week (Monday & Tuesday) night on The Coin Vault offered
    Daniel Carr Fantasy - 2009 Silver American Eagle Proof Overstrikes for $99.99
    Plus S&H. They have a DC mint mark on the reverse. They looked authentic.
    Dan, Why aren't these available on your site ? Some exculsive deal with The Coin Vault ?
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>I couldn't help myself image

Countdown from 2,000... or countdown to a cease-and-desist letter from the Secret Service... what say you? >>

You did the right thing. Now the PM death threats will cease. We take peer pressure very seriously here.
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    Countdown from 2,000

Is this the official mintage? I couldn't find it on his site.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any pool open for the cease-and-desist letter?

how about confiscation?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Countdown from 2,000

Is this the official mintage? I couldn't find it on his site. >>

D. Carr is a forum member here and he stated such in one of the other dozen or so threads on this topic.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>any pool open for the cease-and-desist letter?

how about confiscation? >>

I'll take never and never dibs.

As an artist I will stand by that.
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    I really think this was legally researched and verified prior to Dan Carr making these fantasy coins. Why would a contributor to the US Mint deliberately make something that he knew was going to bring the SS down on him. It just doesn't make sense to commit artistic suicide.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Countdown from 2,000

Is this the official mintage? I couldn't find it on his site. >>

<< As for the mintage, the final total is yet to be determined. It will definitely be less than 2,000. Perhaps a lot less. Not sure yet. >>

DC - Are you going to cap the mintage at 2,000 or will you produce to demand without a cap? >>

I will mint to demand, but NOT more than 2,000.
    If sales quickly reach 1,500 or so, the last 500 will cost more image
    And the last 100 even more than that image

And on ebay, sky's the limit.
    Lance.
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>O.T. I've seen this week (Monday & Tuesday) night on The Coin Vault offered
    Dan, Why aren't these available on your site ? Some exculsive deal with The Coin Vault ? >>

At present they are an exclusive to CSN (ShopCSNTV).
    Apparently, they have "farmed out" some to Coin Vault.
  • Options

<< <i>I really think this was legally researched and verified prior to Dan Carr making these fantasy coins. Why would a contributor to the US Mint deliberately make something that he knew was going to bring the SS down on him. It just doesn't make sense to commit artistic suicide. >>

I dunno...

the SS is a law enforcement department.

Despite my comments about the SS, I'd think the Attorney General's Office would have to put out an opinion to DC. Although, the SS may just have an opinion already and decide to enforce the law or not, then let the courts decide.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>O.T. I've seen this week (Monday & Tuesday) night on The Coin Vault offered
    Dan, Why aren't these available on your site ? Some exculsive deal with The Coin Vault ? >>

Apparently, they have "farmed out" some to Coin Vault. >>

do they have copy on them anywhere?

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

do they have copy on them anywhere? >>

They have "DC" on the reverse... DC = 'Da Copy in Hawaiian! image
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

CSN joined with The Coin Vault late in 2009. At that time the show was introduced as, " CSN Presents, The Coin Vault".
    The Coin Vault has since dropped the CSN reference.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

They're not a copy of anything that was actually made. There are no US Mint 2009 proof ASE's, there's nothing to 'copy'.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

They're not a copy of anything that was actually made. There are no US Mint 2009 proof ASE's, there's nothing to 'copy'. >>

That's pure semantics... they're copies of every other ASE minted since 1986... the only thing that differentiates each coin is four numbers on the obverse. So this is an exact copy with the exception of a single number.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "....the only thing that differentiates each coin is four numbers on the obverse. So this is an exact copy with the exception of a single number. "

Plus, the 'dc' mark.. so, even with the number, it is not an exact copy.
    Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    I want a rainbow toned one. image
  • Options

<< <i>"....the only thing that differentiates each coin is four numbers on the obverse. So this is an exact copy with the exception of a single number. "

Plus, the 'dc' mark.. so, even with the number, it is not an exact copy.
    Cheers, RickO >>

Where's my dremel tool? image
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

So do you still have a day job or are you trying to make it as a full time coiner? Just curious and wishing you only the best of luck either way. Actually, I had several garage businesses and found out that in my custom telescope machine parts business I was doing high end prototype machine work for $5/hour....so I fired myself. I hope you're doing better.

--Jerry
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

So do you still have a day job or are you trying to make it as a full time coiner? Just curious and wishing you only the best of luck either way. Actually, I had several garage businesses and found out that in my custom telescope machine parts business I was doing high end prototype machine work for $5/hour....so I fired myself. I hope you're doing better.

--Jerry >>

If he in not doing better he is now. I think it will sell out. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

--Jerry >>

If he in not doing better he is now. I think it will sell out. image >>

WHat are you trying to say? If he in not doing better he is now
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    why should they say copy?

My understanding is they are altered date
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    old thread, seemed appropriate...(bored)
    figglehorn
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    old , but pertinent ......, as they indeed sold out !
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daniel, have these matte proofs shipped yet??
    I'm getting antzy!!! image
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    .....He has said a big batch of them was to go out this week
  • Options
    Are we still talking about Buchanan??????

• Options
    coinboynyccoinboynyc Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    The 1964 Peace Dollars are sold out from Daniel Carr's website.
    Let's Go Mets!
  • Options
    the D.Carr Peace Dollar controversy will seemingly never end ........... lets get them all to the top until everyone has has their fill and are plumb sick of the issue

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file