All talk.

All hype.

New Stadium.

Same old choke.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grote15 just seen purchasing a large size bottle of Jack Daniels.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They lost 10-9 to one of the toughest teams in the NFL..go back under the bed bandwagon fan..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sanchize is not getting it done.

Prediction: Brunell starts by week 5 (with Santonio Holmes coming back), and he digs them out of a 1-3 hole to sneak into the playoffs again with a 9-7 record.
  • Options
    I'd agree that Sanchez is a liability at this point and wouldn't be surprised if he gets benched if he plays like this much longer.

I think the Jets are too full of themselves at this point and the media has fed into that perception.

They had a great postseason run last year, but were lucky to get into the playoffs in the first place, so I'm not expecting a parade just yet.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    What ever happened to their smash-mouth RUN RUN RUN the football game plan? The only had 21 rushing attempts total (only 21 pass attempts also). I mean I know it's the Ravens, but it seems like they abandoned that game plan.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>What ever happened to their smash-mouth RUN RUN RUN the football game plan? The only had 21 rushing attempts total (only 21 pass attempts also). I mean I know it's the Ravens, but it seems like they abandoned that game plan. >>

Sounds like someone else also drafted Shonn Greene in the 2nd round.

If the offense doesn't wake up this team can probably forget about playing in February. Stranger things have happened, and I for one hate 'predictions', but as of now this looks like a classic 10-6 team that gets boat raced in the second round of the playoffs. And Schottenheimer needs to find a way to keep the opposing strong safety from essentially becoming a fifth linebacker.
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like someone else also drafted Shonn Greene in the 2nd round. >>

I own one Jet out of all five of my fantasy teams, and it's a LATE drafted LT that shall reside on my bench until he can prove he's worthy to start. I would never start a Jet unless I was very desperate. In fact, I beat two teams who owned Greene. image

I was just curious, since that's what Rex Ryan kept preaching during Hard Knocks.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Sanchez is gonna have a hard time getting to 1,000 yds passing this year...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    But I hear the Jets players are doing real well with a female reporter in the locker room. LOL
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    go back under the bed bandwagon fan..

Not quite - as a Giants season ticket holder, I'm just pointing out that, despite the bravado, we know who remains the second-class team in New York...

• Options

<< <i>go back under the bed bandwagon fan..

Not quite - as a Giants season ticket holder, I'm just pointing out that, despite the bravado, we know who remains the second-class team in New York... >>

The Yankees?

• Options

<< <i>But I hear the Jets players are doing real well with a female reporter in the locker room. LOL >>

The Jets must have hired Joe Namath as their social director. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>But I hear the Jets players are doing real well with a female reporter in the locker room. LOL >>

The Jets must have hired Joe Namath as their social director. image >>

• Options
    The Jets could be 0-2 after next week as they play the Pats this weekend, 0-3 after playing the Dolphins? could be.
    They receive a gift in week four with the lowly Bills, if they lose that game and are 0-4 Greeny on "Mike and Mike" is
    going to have a major meltdown on air. image
  • Options

<< <i>The Jets could be 0-2 after next week as they play the Pats this weekend, 0-3 after playing the Dolphins? could be.
    They receive a gift in week four with the lowly Bills, if they lose that game and are 0-4 Greeny on "Mike and Mike" is
    going to have a major meltdown on air. image >>

They were lucky to even make the playoffs last year. I can think of at least one 9-7 team that didnt make it that were better.
  • Options
    << The Jets could be 0-2 after next week as they play the Pats this weekend, 0-3 after playing the Dolphins? could be.
    going to have a major meltdown on air. >>

They were lucky to even make the playoffs last year. I can think of at least one 9-7 team that didnt make it that were better.

Well, we did get to the AFC Championship game so it wasn't like we were one and done once we got in.

• Options

<< <i><< The Jets could be 0-2 after next week as they play the Pats this weekend, 0-3 after playing the Dolphins? could be.
    going to have a major meltdown on air. >>

Well, we did get to the AFC Championship game so it wasn't like we were one and done once we got in. >>

Very true. They did make a good run. Even though they lost yesterday, they will be hard to beat with that defense. I hope they beat the pats.
  • Options
    Very true. They did make a good run. Even though they lost yesterday, they will be hard to beat with that defense. I hope they beat the pats.

I hope so, but if Sanchez can't get the ball downfield it's going to be a long afternoon, I'm afriad..

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a Jets fan or a Sanchez fan, but I think he did what he should have against the defense they were up against. Sanchez didn't have impressive numbers, but he had no turnovers and still was in a position to win the game at the end.

Wasn't that loss against one of the better teams in the NFL?

I think its been said before, but the Jets fans are over reacting to the loss IMO.

-b
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm not a Jets fan or a Sanchez fan, but I think he did what he should have against the defense they were up against. Sanchez didn't have impressive numbers, but he had no turnovers and still was in a position to win the game at the end.

Wasn't that loss against one of the better teams in the NFL?

I think its been said before, but the Jets fans are over reacting to the loss IMO.

-b >>

Some great points here and throughout the thread, I would add it's hard to gauge how much more effective the Jets offense could have been had Sanchez not looked to check down almost instantaneously after the snap during the entire game and actually try to stretch the field. Their entire offense would have been more effective, yes the Ravens are talented, the scheme is obviously first rate but I think the secondary is more suspect this year than in the past and Braylon Edwards and Cotchery weren't given much of a chance to even stretch the field for any 15-25 yard type plays.

And Shonn Greene looked completely unfocused while Tomlinson made him look bad.
  • Options
    Thought this thread was worth a bump..

J-E-T-S!!

JETS, JETS, JETS!!

• Options
    Congrats to the Jets.

This will certainly make for an interesting AFC East race. Also, the practice without Revis paid off, given he was out the second half and they still shut down the Pats.
  • Options
    Tough game today, and a win we needed desperately to right the ship...I don't buy into all the Super Bowl talk, but I'm hoping we can compete for a playoff spot and see what happens from there.

I must admit, Wes Welker is one of my all-time favorite players..

• Options

<< <i>Tough game today, and a win we needed desperately to right the ship...I don't buy into all the Super Bowl talk, but I'm hoping we can compete for a playoff spot and see what happens from there. >>

Well after that game, they at least deserve a goddamn snack! image
  • Options
    Still waiting for 2ndCharter to chime in with his always astute analysis on this latest Jets performance...

• Options
    The Patriots looked awful in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    This thread always gives me a chuckle after each successive win....

Btw, I don't think we'll need Brunell to dig us out of any hole, LOL...

• Options
    Anytime an AFC team beats an NFC team, other than my Eagles...I'm happy...cause ya never know how things may shake out for playoff spots.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I thought last night's game was perfect. As a Saints fan, seeing an NFC team lose to an AFC team is a good thing. As a fantasy owner trailing by 9 points late in the second half, seeing Randy Moss get me 12 points late was also sweet. Gotta love it.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options

<< <i>This thread always gives me a chuckle after each successive win....

Btw, I don't think we'll need Brunell to dig us out of any hole, LOL... >>

Yes you will when the Sanchize tears his ACL. He has played pretty well for a USC quarterback, though.
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for 2ndCharter to chime in with his always astute analysis on this latest Jets performance...

My compliments to the Jets and their fans after last night's game. After totally dominating the Vikings for two and a half quarters and having just four field goals to show for it, it started to look like S-O-J all over again after the Vikes made it 12-7. Of course, I'm sure they made their fans nervous at the end but they pulled it out when the S-O-J would have blown it.

As Gomer would say, "Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!" image

• Options
    I am very pleased right now, but championships aren't won in October, so I'm going to temper my elation...still, it is nice to watch a game expecting your team to win instead of waiting for it to lose...the Jets running game is really firing on all cylinders and LT may win comeback player of the year at this rate.

• Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Their O-line is very impressive.