Home Sports Talk
Options

Donovan McNabb Just Called...

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
He wants to know how long till the Philly faithful begin chanting "We Want McNabb"

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    Right after the Mets win the NL East.

Kolb looks awful so far.

We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    Right after the Mets win the NL East.

Kolb looks awful so far.

We'll see what happens.

This is football, not baseball, but you're welcome to hop on the Jets bandwagon, LOL..

P.S. Kolb looks awful, period.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    66 yards passing for the Iggles - 24 for Kolb?

whoah

meanwhile, Rams are on track to equal their 2009 win total. Hope I didn't just jinx it.

edit: 84 yards passing now - Vick 8/12 for 60
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    That outing by Vick will make it very difficult for Kolb in Philly.

I still think Vick is a tease though.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolb looked like a deer staring at oncoming headlights out there.

Might be a long season for the Eagles.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McNadd was not impressive either. Could be a long season for the 'Skins as well -- not every team is going to hand them a victory.
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I'm an Eagles fan who could never understand why fans here bad-mouthed McNabb for all the good years he brought to the club. When the Eagles start racking up a series of 5-11 post-McNabb seasons, maybe they'll appreciate a good thing when they have it.
  • Options

<< <i>Agreed. I'm an Eagles fan who could never understand why fans here bad-mouthed McNabb for all the good years he brought to the club. When the Eagles start racking up a series of 5-11 post-McNabb seasons, maybe they'll appreciate a good thing when they have it. >>

You are correct. I have said this all along. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Keep McNabb. Five NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl....hmmm....let's trade that away.

I am an Eagles fan. Many of the same typical myopic, knee-jerk reaction Eagles fans that were calling for McNabb's head in favor of Kolb are already calling for Kolb's head in favor of Vick. Both Kolb and Vick only played one half of one football game yesterday. Now that it's too late to get Donovan back, give Kolb a real chance.

Additionally - and I'm in the minority here - release Vick as soon as possible no matter how good he is. I would rather be a fan of a 4-12 Eagles team without Vick than an 8-8 team with him. Character means more than winning. Michael Vick was a classless person even before the dogfighting came to light - look it up. He is an ugly face for one of the NFL's most historic franchises. The longer he represents the Philadelphia Eagles football team, the more association the Eagles have with a repeated, unapologetic, and nearly unrepentant thug. Let's hope #4 is behind Center soon.

Winning is important, yes. Some things are even more important than winning.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>McNabb was not impressive either. Could be a long season for the 'Skins as well -- not every team is going to hand them a victory. >>

Yeah, let's not kid ourselves here. The 'skins scored 2 FGs with McNabb at the helm - not exactly earth-shattering.

Tabe
  • Options
    < McNabb was not impressive either. Could be a long season for the 'Skins as well -- not every team is going to hand them a victory. >>

Yeah, let's not kid ourselves here. The 'skins scored 2 FGs with McNabb at the helm - not exactly earth-shattering.

Tabe

True, but Washington's receiver corps are, to put it nicely, a step down from those in Philly...and the ancient Portis and his equally counterpart LJ don't exactly instill fear in any defensive coordinator.

• Options
    The OP has it completely wrong in my view. I don't want McNabb back, and most Eagles fans don't want him back either. What we do want is for Reid to let Kolb play, let him make mistakes, let him throw some pics, but let him go out there and play football. I believe Reid has Kolb so dam nervous and paranoid about throwing pics, that he is playing not to lose rather than playing to win.

I'm still not sure about Kolb's talent level, but almost any #2 or #3 quarterback, with the decent protection Kolb had out there on a number of plays, could have performed much better. So i say let Kolb be himself out there, have fun and play, and if he throws some pics then he throws some pics - let him get hissed off and learn from it. I'd rather see a fun "gunslinging" game and lose, than what the Eagles displayed out there on Sunday, And they ain't gonna win with Michael Vick...he should have been released by now.

The Eagles aren't winning anything this year, so let it be a rebuilding season, let Kolb learn from his mistakes, and I'll look forward to next season for something better. And I agree, get rid of stinkin' Michael Vick...sign any half decent released veteran out there for a #2...I don't care who he is.
  • Options
    Face it Steve, Kolb sucks..

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    eagles/cowboys 0 wins
    bucs 1 win

just sayin'
  • Options
    Walt has a point, LOL..

• Options

<< <i>Face it Steve, Kolb sucks.. >>

I'm not gonna say you won't be proven right. Frankly, that was one of the poorest efforts by a starting NFL quarterback I've ever seen, and I've seen some bad starting quarterbacks play over the years. But he looked fine in two games last season so something obviously went wrong between then and now, He just looked tentative and hesitant ouit there on almost every play, and he was telegraphing his throws like a high school quarterback - simply an awful performance, so something has to change and change very soon.
  • Options
    Oh well, for me with the NFL, the next best thing to an Eagles victory is a Cowboys loss, so at least the NFL weekend wasn't all bad. image
  • Options
    I still think the Eagles will finish ahead of the Cowboys, Steve...their D is solid and they have some good receivers if Kolb can play well enough to get the ball to them..

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Kolb was great last season when he threw for all those yards against the Rams...

too bad you cant play them every week...

bad mistake the the brass / Reid to let Mcnabb go...

oh well

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    No one vomits in a huddle better than Donovan F McNabb!!!