Home U.S. Coin Forum

Disturbing news about boardmember Jim Dimmick!

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
I didn't see this posted and just received an e-mail from Bill Brewer:

A coin shop owner in Fayetteville, NC was pistol whipped and robbed Monday. Jim Dimmick was closing his store when 2 black males knocked on his shop door and was let in. They hit him in the face and head. He was taken to Chapel Hill Carolina and had head surgery. I will keep you posted as info comes in.
As to what was taken was a number of proof sets and silver eagles. As info is released I will be sending it also.

Bill Brewer
Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. Good luck to him and I hope they catch the robbers.
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    I hope Jim is alright and they catch the scum.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    What the hell... I hope he s ok!
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad thing happened to a great guy image

Wishing him the best, and quickest, recovery

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Terrible news.

Sounds like this is happening more frequently these days.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, that's horrible. Jim is such a great guy. I hope he does okay. It's been an awful summer for the forum. image
  • HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    That's horrible news, I hope these guys are caught!
  • count another well-wisher, here.

• tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grrrrr.

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery!
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awful. Sending positive thoughts................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    wow.....unbelieveable! I hope Jim has a full and speedy recovery! Please keep us updated MD!
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very upsetting news as this epidemic just keep hitting closer and closer to home! image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is definately one of the good guys.I hope he will make a full recovery and I hope the theives are caught and put away foreverimage

Edit to add:I got one of my best coins from Jim!
    Trade $'s
  • ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope Jim is alright and they catch the scum.

-Paul >>

Well said!!!!
    figglehorn
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Well Jim!!!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear this, I sure hope he'll be alright....
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the sentence for armed robbery in NC is image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, we've had too much bad news about board members, lately.

I hope Jim has a speedy recovery and that the perpetrators are brought to justice.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very best wishes for a quick and full recovery!
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Sorry this happened and best wishes for a fast and complete recovery, jdimmick.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• << <i>Does anyone know what the sentence for armed robbery in NC is image >>

Not long enough, get well jim!!!
  • hyf88hyf88 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    Very best wishes for a speedy recovery!
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really sorry to hear this. Best wishes to Jim.
  • drddmdrddm Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know Jim but I hope he recovers quickly and that the police get those who robbed him.
  • PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭
    Get well soon Jim!
  • SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭
    Did some business with Jim D in the past. He is a class act

Hope they catch those guys.

Get well Jim.

SNMAN
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    Prayers for Jim and his family. He's one of the best in the business, imo. And for the criminals to be brought to justice.

Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Very disturbing news.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jim!

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim is one of the good guys.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! How terrible. I wish Jim a speedy recovery and for the culprits I wish....well, you know what I wish.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880

I hope he comes through this terrible event ok.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    WOW, So sad to hear
    JD, you are in my prayers

We need heads on sticks for this kinda crap....
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I do not know the victim, but I pray for his full recovery from this very violent attack.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Terrible news, I hope he comes out of this ok.

The thieves will hopefully be cornered, and shot by the police.

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    OMG! image

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Get well soon JD!
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if he had video cameras. I would like to know if there is a news report on this.
  • I'm very sorry to hear of this news. I wish Jim a speedy recovery.

Ben
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Get well soon!

Scary the number of dealers and collectors being robbed lately

• << <i>

<< <i>Does anyone know what the sentence for armed robbery in NC is image >>

Not long enough, get well jim!!! >>

Like everywhere else, a slap on the wrist and back on the street again until the system gets tired of messing with them.

I wish him a speedy recovery. He will be in my prayers.

A note to all: With times getting worse and worse, please be careful while attending shows and functions and be AWARE of your surroundings.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

Here's hoping for a quick recovery!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once convicted it would be so much cheaper on the tax payers if we could just take the scum like that out back to be shot. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Add me to the many who wish Jim a speedy recovery. He is a very nice guy and was trying to make an honest living and was assaulted by thugs.
    Dr. Pete
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Once convicted it would be so much cheaper on the tax payers if we could just take the scum like that out back to be shot. image >>

Naa.

Castration!

Like they do the bulls, with a band until they fall off!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    I don't know him personally, but his advice is spot on, and those of you that DO know him, well, he must be a really great guy....given the situation, it seems he's a very trusting soul (not so sure he will be in the future, after a hopefully very speedy recovery)

<< <i>We need heads on sticks for this kinda crap.... >>

I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with this statement...an eye-for-an-eye isn't 'just punishment' when it comes to scum like these perpetrators. The 'heads on sticks' thing did work. Perhaps if this were brought back, prison over-crowding would NOT be a problem.
    I'll come up with something.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to hear this hoping for a fast and total recovery. Only delt with him on the inernet but have nothing but good to say.
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    This terrible, my words for these armed robbers are not allowed here. Speedy recovery Jim.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get well soon Jim
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file