Home U.S. Coin Forum

anyone get word that their silver proof sets have shipped?

tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...no, not me. image
"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Comments

• GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    ............image...............
    ......Larry........image
  • Mine came in today. I'm not very pleased. Lots of specks and lint inside the lens. I'd send them back but I don't think I'll do any better. The quarter lens was the best, the other two, and especially the prez dollars, were lousy. I don't know why they bother wearing gloves. One would think they would inspect these under a little magnification. What exactly are we paying all this money for?
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...hmmmmm. now i know what is in store for me. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine came in today. I'm not very pleased. Lots of specks and lint inside the lens. I'd send them back but I don't think I'll do any better. The quarter lens was the best, the other two, and especially the prez dollars, were lousy. I don't know why they bother wearing gloves. One would think they would inspect these under a little magnification. What exactly are we paying all this money for? >>

Good thing Moy and the mint have a new logo and are working on a new image, eh? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my sub shipped today
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>

<< <i>Mine came in today. I'm not very pleased. Lots of specks and lint inside the lens. I'd send them back but I don't think I'll do any better. The quarter lens was the best, the other two, and especially the prez dollars, were lousy. I don't know why they bother wearing gloves. One would think they would inspect these under a little magnification. What exactly are we paying all this money for? >>

Good thing Moy and the mint have a new logo and are working on a new image, eh? image >>

Yeah, that new logo sure makes it all worth while. image
  • I wonder if the Prez lens are the returned rejects from earlier in the year and the Mint just tries to use them up??? They do get 2 extra chances to dump returns when they make up the clad and silver proof sets after all.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No word yet... but this thread is kind of discouraging...Hope my usual fortune holds and I get one of the good ones. Cheers, RickO
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    My sub set has shipped and left Fedex in Indianapolis yesterday. Instead of expecting a high quality product from the Mint when ordering Proof Sets, now I inspect them for some kind of error or screwup upon receiving them. I wonder if the Mint has decided that it is easier/cheaper to release some scattered errors in their product lines ( to drive sales), rather than improve their processes to release pristine coin examples? This is a cynical theory but I believe we live in a cynical time. HM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file