Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What about this Nickel 2010-D Jefferson Will it go MS-66 ?

Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
imageimage
imageimage

Same coin. I know it has two hit's but looking good I think. What do you think?

Hoard the keys.

Comments

• Options
    Any one, image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think MS66 FS image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite possibly.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great to me...hard to find 'em that clean.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say it stands a very good chance of slipping by for that 66FS as the nose and chin are usually dinged on these. The hits you mentioned and the lite rim chatter would hold it back from 67 IMO.
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks great to me...hard to find 'em that clean. >>

they are really hard to find, and it may just be a 66. Let us know what you decide to do.
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    Has it been established yet if the P mint or D mint is more harder to find in higher grade? I pulled a sweet P mint in change today that im gonna send in on my next submission.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any one, image >>

Hi Ricc

Let me ask you, do the surfaces of your coin look satiny?

Here is a coin with smoother mirror-like fields with no satiny affect whatsoever. Does your coin look similar?

I've been raising this question if a distintion can be made between a SF and business strike in a couple of other threads, It doesn't make any sense to collect the business strike/circulating coin when it's surfaces look similar to that of a satin finish coin.

By the way, nice photography!

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Any one, image >>

Hi Ricc

Here is a coin with smoother mirror-like fields with no satiny affect whatsoever. Does your coin look similar?

I've been raising this question if a distintion can be made between a SF and business strike in a couple of other threads, It doesn't make any sense to collect the business strike/circulating coin when it's surfaces look similar to that of a satin finish coin.

Leo >>

The P mint coin i found today is has mirror like fields and is far from looking like a satin finish.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Any one, image >>

Hi Ricc

Leo >>

The P mint coin i found today is has mirror like fields and is far from looking like a satin finish. >>

Hi Donald

While it's possible for coins dated from 2005 to 2010 will eventually lose their satin finish look, it's likely your coin is a LDS example of the mint set SF coins.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    here`s a 65FS for comparison. your coin looks like it may go 66.

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    I think it could go 66, however its very difficult to determine if it has Full Steps as the Obverse and Reverse look identical image
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scroll tto the right to see the steps.
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Thanks for looking. Here are the steps, Yes it looks a bit satiny this may be true that they are useing old satin dies. But I did find one or two that have a proof look to them. I sent them out for gradeing or I would post a pic of them. The dates of the box's I'am looking at are dated in Jun 28 / July 06, 2010.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Yes, it should go MS66
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    It seems as thought the chatter I normally see on 65FS coins is not on your coin, so... sure, it should be a lock 66FS for you. Now that I've said that, it'll probably 65.

Peace,

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    Found one that looks PL.

imageimage

Hoard the keys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file