Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Eagle quarters and buffalo nickles...

I just returned from the supermarket to get some liquid refreshments and looked in my change...No..there wasn't any buff nickles or ultra rare coins but what got me thinking from time to time is that with all these state quarters that we recieve in change and now we will have the new America the Beatiful quarters in our change there will be a great mix of quarters.Time will come when those ..Eagle.. back quartes will be scarcer and scarcer ..just like the 'ole ..Buff nickel....image
......Larry........image

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The silver ones are scarce already....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just returned from the supermarket to get some liquid refreshments and looked in my change...No..there wasn't any buff nickles or ultra rare coins but what got me thinking from time to time is that with all these state quarters that we recieve in change and now we will have the new America the Beatiful quarters in our change there will be a great mix of quarters.Time will come when those ..Eagle.. back quartes will be scarcer and scarcer ..just like the 'ole ..Buff nickel....image >>

...YIKES!!!you're comparing those quarters to the great buffs????image....... image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>
    ...YIKES!!!you're comparing those quarters to the great buffs????image....... image >>

...image....Well...almost..but not quite the same.The buffs are famous in their own right.It would be the same as the wheaties when the Lincoln Memorials came out...
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    ...YIKES!!!you're comparing those quarters to the great buffs????image....... image >>

...image....Well...almost..but not quite the same.The buffs are famous in their own right.It would be the same as the wheaties when the Lincoln Memorials came out... >>

...image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file