Home Sports Talk
Options

Fantasy football draft - How you think I did?

This is one of 8 leagues I'm in this season but by far the most important to me. 12 team league, $400 per team. First 10 drop/adds are free. $10 each after that.

Remember I am in Louisiana and Saints players or former LSU players go way too soon. Drew Brees was #3 in this league.

1 - Michael Turner RB
2 - Ryan Grant RB
3 - Steve Smith (Giants) WR
4 - Donlad Driver WR
5 - Joe Flacco QB
6 - Ahmad Bradshaw RB
7 - Bernard Berrian WR
8 - Dez Bryant (My Cowboy homer pick) WR
9 - Chad Henne QB
10 - Fred Jackson RB
11 - Nate Burleson WR
12 - Packers D/ST
13 - Austin Collie WR
14 - Mario Manningham
15 - Josh Freeman WR
16 - Early Doucet (LSU home pick) WR
17 - Stephen Gostkowski K

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team Ghey! image
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    not very good, middle of the pack
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Driver in 4th round is too early, IMO..Turner & Grant are workhorses and very productive. I'd have used the 6th round pick on a receiver instead of Bradshaw. Flacco may have a big year with Boldin there.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    real weak at QB...

you got the corner marketed on on WR's

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    hard to tell, since we dont know what you passed on for each pick, or what the other teams you are going up against look like.

was this a keeper league? what pick did you have?? did it snake???

i would agree that you seem pretty weak at QB. grant while a decent running back isnt going to score much. the packers are more of a passing team even in the red zone. so i wouldnt expect much more than 10 TD's, though as long as he is healthy he probably will get over 1000 yrds. though not many games will be over the 100 yd mark. so taking him at #2 in my mind was kinda high...remember i am a packer fan. the potentially hot packer fantasy player after rodgers will be finley. he might lead the team in TD's.

overall i think you could have done better....but that is without knowing the answers to my questions.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Do any leagues NOT snake? I'd think that every league would, considering what a huge disadvantage it would be for a team at the end of the draft order.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Looks decent. No TE's? What are your roster positions?

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    Why no love for Flacco?

The Ravens didn't sign Anquan Boldin and Donte Stallworth to go with Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton just so they could run the ball.

Our league plays 3 receivers. Do not have to play a TE.

ADP on Grant on almost any fantasy site you check has been between 18 and 20. I got him at 20.

• Options
    you asked for peoples thoughts. some people arent sold on Flacco carrying a team the whole year in fantasy. as for grant his stats at the end of the year will be good league wide but that might not always translate into fantasy impact points.

i would assume that by your draft your league favors rb's over qb's...that or all the the qb's were gone early. i am assuming you had the 5th pick since you took grant with the 20th. since brees was taken at #3 i would assume this isnt a keeper league. i know some rankings have turner high but i am not sold on him that high. it would have been nice to see how the first 2 rounds went down for us to give an better take on how you did.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>you asked for peoples thoughts. some people arent sold on Flacco carrying a team the whole year in fantasy. as for grant his stats at the end of the year will be good league wide but that might not always translate into fantasy impact points.

i would assume that by your draft your league favors rb's over qb's...that or all the the qb's were gone early. i am assuming you had the 5th pick since you took grant with the 20th. since brees was taken at #3 i would assume this isnt a keeper league. i know some rankings have turner high but i am not sold on him that high. it would have been nice to see how the first 2 rounds went down for us to give an better take on how you did. >>

Wow....lots of assuming there!!! image
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I like the Michael Turner pick
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>I like the Michael Turner pick >>

Do you like the pick as #1 overall?

Let's see the full draft Bill
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Not terrible, but I think you are going to need a lot of things to break your way in order to make the playoffs....
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    You got two running backs that are true #1s, no RBBC (Runningback by commitee) so that is good. Flacco will not be a top 5 QB, but maybe a top 10, the new WR will help. I have no love for your recievers, at least you got the good Steve Smith.

My honest opinion is that your FF team is about as good as mine. Unfortunatly mine will end up costing me about 500 bones this year.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    I like the team
  • Options

<< <i>you asked for peoples thoughts. some people arent sold on Flacco carrying a team the whole year in fantasy. as for grant his stats at the end of the year will be good league wide but that might not always translate into fantasy impact points.

i would assume that by your draft your league favors rb's over qb's...that or all the the qb's were gone early. i am assuming you had the 5th pick since you took grant with the 20th. since brees was taken at #3 i would assume this isnt a keeper league. i know some rankings have turner high but i am not sold on him that high. it would have been nice to see how the first 2 rounds went down for us to give an better take on how you did. >>

I had #8.

Just for the record, the douche that took Brees 3rd also picked Ben Tate in the 6th round.

Turner is the biggest risk for a top 10 pick. Could have 1500+ yards and 20+ TDs or could get hurt taking a shower. I decided pre-draft to go RB-RB simply because this league values RBs slightly more than WRs. My first pick was a decision between Gore and Turner. Both are health issues so I flipped a coin.

Had a Yahoo draft tonight in a $100 league. Like this team a lot better but still whacko for Flacco:

QB Joe Flacco
    WR Andre Johnson
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    WR Pierre Garcon
    RB Cedric Benson
    RB Jamaal Charles
    W/R/T Steve Breaston
    BN Felix Jones
    BN Steve Slaton
    BN Carson Palmer
    BN Mohamed Massaquoi
    BN Carnell Williams
    BN Visanthe Shiancoe
    K Josh Scobee
    DEF New York

• Options

<< <i>

I had #8.

Just for the record, the douche that took Brees 3rd also picked Ben Tate in the 6th round.

Turner is the biggest risk for a top 10 pick. Could have 1500+ yards and 20+ TDs or could get hurt taking a shower. I decided pre-draft to go RB-RB simply because this league values RBs slightly more than WRs. My first pick was a decision between Gore and Turner. Both are health issues so I flipped a coin.

Had a Yahoo draft tonight in a $100 league. Like this team a lot better but still whacko for Flacco:

QB Joe Flacco
    WR Andre Johnson
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    WR Pierre Garcon
    RB Cedric Benson
    RB Jamaal Charles
    W/R/T Steve Breaston
    BN Felix Jones
    BN Steve Slaton
    BN Carson Palmer
    BN Mohamed Massaquoi
    BN Carnell Williams
    BN Visanthe Shiancoe
    K Josh Scobee
    DEF New York >>

knowing that info before i would have understood why you went with two RBs first. good job then.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>This is one of 8 leagues I'm in this season but by far the most important to me. 12 team league, $400 per team. First 10 drop/adds are free. $10 each after that.

Remember I am in Louisiana and Saints players or former LSU players go way too soon. Drew Brees was #3 in this league.

1 - Michael Turner RB
    2 - Ryan Grant RB
    3 - Steve Smith (Giants) WR
    4 - Donlad Driver WR
    5 - Joe Flacco QB
    6 - Ahmad Bradshaw RB
    7 - Bernard Berrian WR
    8 - Dez Bryant (My Cowboy homer pick) WR
    9 - Chad Henne QB
    10 - Fred Jackson RB
    11 - Nate Burleson WR
    12 - Packers D/ST
    13 - Austin Collie WR
    14 - Mario Manningham
    15 - Josh Freeman WR
    16 - Early Doucet (LSU home pick) WR
    17 - Stephen Gostkowski K >>

2 words any openings? You cant draft a fantasy team and be a "homer" driver round 4? sorry this is 2010 not 2001. I am sure your league mates accept your yearly contirubtions too the prize pool
  • Options
    So you lose by 50 or 75 this week?
  • Options
    Only by 20 thanks to Collie. Ryan Grant really hurt. He had just got on a roll when he went down.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I think passing on a RB @ #8 would have been the play and you should have opted toward a top-tier QB like Peyton or Aaron Rodgers. Your team looks just "OK to me". Your team lacks the top-tier players at every position.

Henne was taken too early. Berrian too early. Driver too early. Dez Bryan too early.

I will guess you finish @ or below .500 in your league & this is in hindsight knowing that Ryan Grant is hurt bad (ankle).
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    so week 2 you lose by 50 or 75?
  • Options

<< <i>so week 2 you lose by 50 or 75? >>

Dropped Freeman and picked up Vick for this weeks game. Up 11 but other dude has Pierre Thomas tonight.

Guess Steve Smith will be the next to drop.
  • Options

Why no love for Flacco?

The Ravens didn't sign Anquan Boldin and Donte Stallworth to go with Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton just so they could run the ball.

Our league plays 3 receivers. Do not have to play a TE.

Dropped Freeman and picked up Vick for this weeks game. Up 11 but other dude has Pierre Thomas tonight.

Guess Steve Smith will be the next to drop.

so after one whole week you bailed on Flacco lol
  • Options

<< <i>so after one whole week you bailed on Flacco lol >>

No. Vick against the Lions? Come on. That was an easy one.
  • Options
    UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>so after one whole week you bailed on Flacco lol >>

No. Vick against the Lions? Come on. That was an easy one. >>

Hey, hey, hey!!!! Take it easy, now.

But it worked well for me, too.
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see if Kolb retains starting job...he did play awfully well in relief of Mcnabb last year and the Pack are real tough on D so I expect he will play better next week vs Jax.