Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

RIP the infamous Bill/Gecko Wilt Chamberlain card

Bill asked me to destroy the infamous Wilt Chamberlain card for him and to post it on the board, so here goes.

I decided to hold a trial for the Chamberlain to end the debate as to it's authenticity or lack thereof. Here's the defendant:

No better place for a trial, then a historic Texas courthouse:

After considering all the evidence, I pronounce the defendant, "Guilty of Questionable Authenticity"

I, hereby, sentence you to destruction:

Here's the first attempt, being tossed off my office balcony, if you look closely, you can see it fluttering down:

However, no real damage is apparent:

Next up, let's try to run it over in a Porsche. Dpeck, where are you? Paging Dpeck. Dang it, good help is hard to find these days, guess I'll just have to use one of mine image

After 6 trips back and forth, no real damage is apparent:

Dang it, I'm going to have to call in the big guns for this one. Is there a rabbit hunter in the South? Come in Rabbit Hunter.

I think this might finally work (note, this burn was done in a legal area to do this, NOT at the courthouse)

Dang it, look who showed up to put out the fire

Alright, I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands:

And to the place the Wilt belongs:

RIP Wilt.
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    very nice. Not quite as informative as your discourse on beading, but very nice nonetheless.

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    well done!

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>very nice. Not quite as informative as your discourse on beading, but very nice nonetheless.

image >>

But the toilet is consistent with his posterior references and obvious fascinations...

Amazed that Mike isn't a proctologist give such a penchant and his terrible handwriting.
  • Options
    Good stuff.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Well played, sir. Well played.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    very well done!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Nice!!!
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    LOL---- reminds me of Rube's Johnny Bench card posting.

Thanks for the laugh--- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG Mike ... that was enjoyable!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Awesome! imageimageimage
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Pretty funny. What are you a judge for real? Maybe you missed you're calling and should have been a comedian.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty funny. What are you a judge for real? Maybe you missed you're calling and should have been a comedian. >>

Nah, not a judge, just a stuffy accountant. I'm the County Auditor.

Mike
  • Options
    I could not have done it better. Thanks Mike.
  • Options
    HAHA the was awesome Mike!
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Hah! image
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!!!

You had to break out the Porsche!! Sweet ride!!
  • Options

<< <i>Awesome!!!

You had to break out the Porsche!! Sweet ride!! >>

Welcome back Dpeck! I asked you in your other thread, but the thread got so far out of hand I don't think you answered. Have you ever taken yours out to the track? If not, then you need to get it out there. Wicked fun and great stress relief. These cars can do amazing things that you can't experience on the street without putting either yourself or someone else in unnecessary danger.
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Good stuff.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    You mean we can't hear Gecko whine about the 30.00 any longer?

Well done Mike I almost p'd me pants.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    And so finally a dark chapter in my life comes to a close.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>And so finally a dark chapter in my life comes to a close. >>

You should celebrate by donating another $30 to stown's cancer research thread. image
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

Two things. I was drinking yesterday and did not take the time to read each line, this is just awesome!! This is what makes card collecting really fun.

As for the 911 Turbo no I have not tracked it. The fastest I have had it is about 105 MPH but it was like a race horsing jogging that you knew could explode at any moment. I travel about 7 miles to work each way in city traffic and every once in a while get on the interstate but during work hours so nothing over maybe 85. We have a nickname for it though, The Silver Bullet.

Thanks again for the great thread and the awesome pics this was really cool!
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    The Silver Bullet, teehee.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Another CU Legend put to rest...
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And so finally a dark chapter in my life comes to a close. >>

So now that this dark chapter in your life is closed...will you finally freaking leave and never come back???? Please???
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    ok that was funny!
  • Options
    I would say you messed up only once: the fire should have been put out by Smokey the Bear.

Dave
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    This thread is awesome.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    The agreement that the Wilt card would be destroyed was finally carried out months later.

Gecko got to see what he wanted. The $30 he sent to Bill was not in vain. I think Bill made sure the $30 went to Stown's charity?

I think all is well in the universe then.

But what I don't understand is why did Bill have to send the card to Mike. It really is not hard to destroy a card. This was made way more complicated than it should be. Makes the whole thing hard to follow.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>But what I don't understand is why did Bill have to send the card to Mike. It really is not hard to destroy a card. This was made way more complicated than it should be. Makes the whole thing hard to follow. >>

He didn't "have" to send the card to me. He had sent it in on one of the bulk PSA, PSA/DNA subs that I do to see if it would pass authentication. When the results came back and it failed authentication, he just told me to destroy it for him, rather then him have to pay to ship it back to him.