Home Metal Detecting
Options

August 27, 2010 Finds: 1887 Seated Dime and 3 Mercs

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
Got out today to a little park-ish area I've had my eye on for a few months. Within 30 seconds my first dig of the day is an 1887 Seated dime, go figure! The sand was very dry and packed, so it was harder digging, ended up getting a little scrape on the top edge with the shovel. It's so worn that it doesn't really detract. I thought, "I got a feeling... doo doooo...that tonight's gonna be a good night" (more like sang in a really bad Black Eyed Peas voice).

After a little while, out pops a merc (not sure what dates were found when) and eventually found two more. Dates are: 1918-S, 1918-S (yes, a second one), and 1941-P. Also found a few wheats. Only got to about half of the area so I'll be going back in the next few days or so.

These four make it a total of 37 silver coins for the year. Thanks for looking and happy hunting all!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super hunt... four silvers... well done. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great pick ups. wish i could get more seated stuff out there. in due time image
  • Options
    GREAT FIND! all I ever found with my $1000. Minelab was $1.47 in clad in 2 years
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    nicely done..those are in pretty good shape.
    figglehorn
  • Options
    nice diggins..wtg...love them dimes..hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage