Home Precious Metals
Options

1994 $5 gold commems $300 BIN from seller with 0 feedback?

Worth the possible risk/hassle of dealing with a 0 feedback seller? Linky

Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Worth the possible risk/hassle of dealing with a 0 feedback seller? Linky >>

0 feedback + expensive coin = PASS

If a deal is too good to be true (U.S. gold coin below melt, for example), then it is probably not true. Caveat emptor.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Worth the possible risk/hassle of dealing with a 0 feedback seller? Linky >>

0 feedback + expensive coin = PASS >>

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low feedback sellers are low risk because paypal holds their funds back until proof of delivery or postive feedback from seller. Risk of not getting your purchase is greater but risk of not getting your money back from paypal is very low. Worst case, your funds will be tied up temporarily during the dispute process.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    If one was a seller on these at this price, wouldn't you get about the same net from a b&m after you take out ebay fees, s/h, etc.?image
  • Options
    -SOLD- That didn't take long. image
  • Options

<< <i>-SOLD- That didn't take long. image >>

Probably a forum member that OP tipped off! Was 300 each a good price? How much actual gold in one of those?

• Options
    .24187 agw in the modern $5 gold commems. So, these were right at today's price (so far at least) for gold. In original packaging, I've seen them trade in the $350-$375+ range.
  • Options
    CH, you got a good link to info on the gold commemoratives?

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently u were the buyer. Be forewarned, although PayPal will hold the sellers funds for a while supposedly until FB is received or a time frame elapses, the seller can petition PayPal to release the funds w/o FB given by the buyer. I'm not sure what the time frame is. As a buyer, if those items are not received after 5 working days, I would start the procedure: item not received, that will lock up whatever funds are in the sellers paypal account until the complaint has been finalized. On the other hand, he can always send you a box of rocks which need to be signed for by you. Good luck & let us know of the outcome.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>On the other hand, he can always send you a box of rocks which need to be signed for by you. >>

That was one of my concerns. You may want to open your package in front of a postal employee just to be on the safe side.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>On the other hand, he can always send you a box of rocks which need to be signed for by you. >>

That was one of my concerns. You may want to open your package in front of a postal employee just to be on the safe side. >>

What you want to do if you are concerned is have mailman take shipment back to post office, leave you with notice of delivery attempt and then you go to PO next day and open at counter in front manager.

Box of rocks from a seller with 0 feedback = hands down win of dispute for any buyer with a decent ebay history. Remember, ebay sides with the buyer in most cases and a zero feedback seller is a plus!

• Options

<< <i>

Apparently u were the buyer. >>

Nope, you're crystal ball must need new batteries. image
  • Options

<< <i>CH, you got a good link to info on the gold commemoratives? >>

I usually just refer to the red book for info but this website may be helpful. Modern Commemoratives
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Apparently u were the buyer. >>

Nope, you're crystal ball must need new batteries. image >>

Heck my cb hasn't worked in yearsimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

Heck my cb hasn't worked in yearsimage >>

Mine either image

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    One person bought all 5 of them.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy $5 commemoratives on a continuous basis. $300 with free shipping was a good deal and quite unexpected via a BIN.

In a true auction they would have likely sold for around $315 plus shipping.

• Options
    Here's NGC MS69 $5 gold commem on CCF for $300 + $5 shipping. Being sold by a mod and no bids yet..........

CCF Auction
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That was one of my concerns. You may want to open your package in front of a postal employee just to be on the safe side. >>

What you want to do if you are concerned is have mailman take shipment back to post office, leave you with notice of delivery attempt and then you go to PO next day and open at counter in front manager.

Box of rocks from a seller with 0 feedback = hands down win of dispute for any buyer with a decent ebay history. Remember, ebay sides with the buyer in most cases and a zero feedback seller is a plus! >>

What if the seller has delivery confirmation and a signed receipt from the buyer?

• Options

<< <i>Here's NGC MS69 $5 gold commem on CCF for $300 + $5 shipping. Being sold by a mod and no bids yet..........

CCF Auction >>

That's a great deal on that WWII commem. They usually carry a little higher premium over other dates.
  • Options
    I noticed he wasn't able to sell them earlier for 335, must have dropped his price. I'd say the listing was legit.