Home Precious Metals
Options

My son graduated from Wentworth College, Sunday

I couldn't decide what to give as a gift so I finally narrowed it down to a 10oz. bar of silver. He liked that more than the digital movie camera someone else gave to him.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    Congrats to your son!

Now tell him to use the camera to take a pic of the bar and post it here! image
  • Options
    I'd go with the 10oz GOLD bar instead!! image

Congrats!
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>I'd go with the 10oz GOLD bar instead!! image

Congrats! >>

If I had your money I could have.

It was a "Liberty" bar by the way.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    excellent gift. Got to keep that idea in mind. My dad gave me a .300 Winchester Magnum rifle when I finished college.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major congrat's! MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    thats great! Hopefully your son will start stacking!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations!! My attempt at going to school in Boston was, lets say less than successful, it was tough to stay focused.image
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>thats great! Hopefully your son will start stacking! >>

As I was walking out to the car I turned and told him he needed to buy at least 1 SAE each month, more if he could afford it.

He not only graduated but graduated with an excellent job in the field he studied for, (Construction Management) he signed a 1 year contract already.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I couldn't decide what to give as a gift so I finally narrowed it down to a 10oz. bar of silver. He liked that more than the digital movie camera someone else gave to him. >>

Great gift idea. I'm curious---what brand bar did you gave him?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Liberty, it had a huge statue of liberty on one side and the specs of it being 10 oz.'s and .999 pure silver on the other. It may not be worth a whole lot but I wanted something he look at 50 years from now and tell his grandchildren "My Dad gave this to me".
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to your son!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Congrats...I'm sure your proud.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I couldn't decide what to give as a gift so I finally narrowed it down to a 10oz. bar of silver. He liked that more than the digital movie camera someone else gave to him. >>

If he studied economics and current events it's understandable.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Liberty, it had a huge statue of liberty on one side and the specs of it being 10 oz.'s and .999 pure silver on the other. It may not be worth a whole lot but I wanted something he look at 50 years from now and tell his grandchildren "My Dad gave this to me". >>

Excellent choice. Good looking bar with a great design. I have a few in my silver stash and I can understand why he cherishes it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!!image
    Becky
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. And a job in his field, to boot!

Congratulations to him and to your family. And a great gift!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congratulations on the graduation. 10 oz bar of silver to boot wtg image