Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Does NOT grade thread

Please add you knowledge. I'll try to keep this post edited and up to date.
If it's not on the list you can always contact customer service.

PSA Customer Service
Monday - Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time
(800) 325-1121 or E-mail them

Items/Sets PSA does not grade

Baseball
Buyback autos unless you send to PSA/DNA first (al032184)
Any Topps Vault proof cards, and other proofs not inserted into packs (MeteoriteGuy)
Babe Ruth Fro-Jo (CollectorAtWork)
M114 Baseball Magazine Premium inserts (CollectorAtWork)
1934 Butterfinger R310 Premium (CollectorAtWork)
1933-34 Goudey R309-1 Premiums (CollectorAtWork)
1968 Sports Hobbysist (swartz1)
1971 Mattel Instant Replay Discs (OckhamsRazor)
1971 Topps Baseball Booklets (thedutymon)
1975 Clarence Menglers 3 x 5 Art Set (DavidPuddy)
1979 Topps Comics (swartz1)
1985 Topps 3-D cards [oversized and too thick] (mikeschmidt)
1985 Topps Mini with Blank Back (DavidPuddy) **They wouldn't grade mine, but they seem to grade others. Flip a coin.**
1988 Topps Cloth (DavidPuddy)
1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Saw Cut versions (1989FleerBillRipkencollector)
1990 Donruss Blue/White Test (1989FleerBillRipkencollector)
1991 Topps Cracker Jack 4-In-1 Cards (jacksoncoupage
1992 Starline (thenavarro)
1992 Topps Match The Stats Scratch Off Game Cards/Gold Winners redemption (jacksoncoupage)

Basketball
Micheal Jordan Come Fly With Me insert for VHS tapes. Has t-shirt offer on the back (Beck6)
Star Basketball (Gemint)
48 Exhibits (Davemri)

Football
48 Exhibits (Davemri)
1990 Fleer Football National Convention Promos (jacksoncoupage
1993 Classic Tonx QB Club football (InMySock)
1993 Spectrum QB Club Tribute Sheets football (InMySock)
1994 Action Packed Mammoth football (InMySock)

Hockey
1985 Provigo Patrick Roy "pre-rookie" sticker (RedHeart54)

Misc Sports

Non-Sport
1977 Topps Star Wars C3PO happy to see you card (thenavarro)
1979 Warner Bros. Records Promos (standard-sized cards of various music stars produced with copyright info by WB, sent to record stores) (jacksoncoupage
1992 Clubhouse Diamonds Jenna Jameson (thenavarro)
"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
CDsNuts, 1/9/15

Comments

• Options
    Lady Gaga
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Photoshop art cards of Dpeck
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Mint or better condition cards
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uno cards?
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    1968 Sports Hobbysist
    1971 Topps Baseball Booklets
    1975 Clarence Menglers 3 x 5 Art Set
    1979 Comics
    1988 Topps Cloth

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Proofs and related used to make the card, not pack inserted.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    1984 Nestle
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1984 Nestle >>

I thought they were now
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    1977 Topps Star Wars C3PO happy to see you card

1992 Clubhouse Diamonds Jenna Jameson

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1992 Clubhouse Diamonds Jenna Jameson >>

Crayin' shame too.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    if they grade every other star wars card, why not the erection version of C3PO, seems silly. Also whats up with 88 cloth? they grade other test issues, why not this one?>
  • Options
    I tried hard to prove Mark's Lady Gaga comment wrong, but I just can't do it.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Guessing they don't grade the cloth cards because they were only available from uncut sheets.

<< <i>if they grade every other star wars card, why not the erection version of C3PO, seems silly. Also whats up with 88 cloth? they grade other test issues, why not this one?> >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Star BkB cards. I think they were issued in 1985?
  • Options
    I was told that they don't grade 88 Topps Cloth because they don't have enough info on the issue. Much like what they said about the 1990 Donruss test issue. They didn't have enough info on it, but soon after enough of us asked about the issue they stated to grade it.

They do grade 84 Nestle just with a "Hand Cut" designation.

It looks like they have started to grade the sister of 1984 Topps Cereal Series as well. 1984 Ralston Purina has been given a "Hand Cut" designation.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭
    They rejected my 1985 Provigo Patrick Roy "pre-rookie" sticker because it was too thick for the holder. Had it done by BGS.
  • Options
    Some of Burgundys 1953s...LOL Just kidding RB...I couldnt help myself.
  • Options
    1933-34 Goudey R309-1 Premiums (SGC does)
    M114 Baseball Magazine Premium inserts
    Babe Ruth Fro-Jo (Beckett does)
    1934 Butterfinger R310 Premium (I believe Beckett grades these)
  • Options

<< <i>The Star BkB cards. I think they were issued in 1985? >>

why doesnt PSA grade these?
  • Options

<< <i>

why doesnt PSA grade these? >>

They can't tell if they're real imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

They can't tell if they're real imageimage >>

I thought the reason that PSA and SGC don't grade Star was because Star re-started the printing presses after 1985 and reprinted the 85 cards in following years. And you can't tell these cards from the cards that were actually printed in 85.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

They can't tell if they're real imageimage >>

I thought the reason that PSA and SGC don't grade Star was because Star re-started the printing presses after 1985 and reprinted the 85 cards in following years. And you can't tell these cards from the cards that were actually printed in 85. >>

That would the problem I would have.

Star also, created some Star 1980s sets that were never released...in the 1990s, and sold them as old stock. You can pretty much only trust them as originals, if still sealed in the old 80s bags. His later ones had newer bags.

This does not mean he reprinted them all or the like, and surely he did not. However, no one really knows what all he did.
  • Options

<< <i>Please add you knowledge. Copy and paste to keep it updated. Please sort by year.
    If it's not on the list you can always contact customer service.

PSA Customer Service
    Monday - Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time
    (800) 325-1121 or E-mail them

Sets PSA does not grade
    Any Topps Vault proof cards
    Any Year Star Basketball
    1968 Sports Hobbysist
    1971 Topps Baseball Booklets
    1975 Clarence Menglers 3 x 5 Art Set
    1977 Topps Star Wars C3PO happy to see you card
    1979 Topps Comics
    1985 Topps Mini with Blank Back (At least they didn't when I tried)
    1988 Topps Cloth
    1992 Clubhouse Diamonds Jenna Jameson >>

my mistake - you were right...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I tried to send in a Upper Deck Promo card of Derek Jeter and got N9
  • Options
    1971 Mattel Instant Replay Discs
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all "right-thinking" people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
  • Options
    1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Saw Cut versions

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    GAI cards for crossover. But when cracked out...grade nicely. Can't explain this.image
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    My GAI 6 1887 n28 Allen and Ginter Wm. Muldoon was cracked out and turned out to be a PSA 7. I doubt the GAI "6" would be a crossover to a PSA 6. This card was purchased on ebay for just $33 and now would be listed on ebay in the $400 range.

I am frustrated that PSA does not grade non-baseball exhibit cards. I think it is laziness that they would grade baseball but not other sports. If anything, I think baseball would be more likely for "reprints" then the other sports.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    1990 Donruss Blue/White Test

I know they slab Printing Plates as Auth but assign a grade?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    You can add 1992 Starline to the list. Just found that out today in my group autograph sub as I got N9's on my 92 Starline cards.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PSA Does NOT grade >>

Anything until 4SC sends in a huge pile, then they say, sure, we grade those.
  • Options
    1993 Classic Tonx QB Club football
    1993 Spectrum QB Club Tribute Sheets football
    1994 Action Packed Mammoth football
  • Options
    First post edited. Now with credit given.

I'd also like a list of items that PSA will grade but will only give the "A" grade to.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    You can add the following to the list:

-1990 Fleer Football National Convention Promos
    -1992 Topps Match The Stats Scratch Off Game Cards (1 per pack in 1992 Topps, the same cards that you could redeem for Topps Gold Winners)
    -1991 Topps Cracker Jack 4-In-1 Cards
    -1979 Warner Bros. Records Promos (standard-sized cards of various music stars on the WB label at the time, produced with copyright info by WB, sent to record stores)
    My Error & Variation Blog

Collecting Robin Ventura and Matt Luke.
  • Options
    Anyone have anything new to add?

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Do they grade 1988 Nestle now? I know they started grading 1984 again -- but wasn't sure about 1988.

They also don't grade the 1985 Topps 3-D cards [oversized and too thick]

It also seems like PSA is sporadic on things like the 1985 Topps Mini blank backs.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

<< <i>Do they grade 1988 Nestle now? I know they started grading 1984 again -- but wasn't sure about 1988.

It also seems like PSA is sporadic on things like the 1985 Topps Mini blank backs. >>

Pop report shows 1988 Topps Nestle "Hand Cut". So it looks like the do grade that issue.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do they grade 1988 Nestle now? I know they started grading 1984 again -- but wasn't sure about 1988.

It also seems like PSA is sporadic on things like the 1985 Topps Mini blank backs. >>

I had a 88 Nestle pop this week after sending it about 3 times over the past year.
    16695887 0133000014 1988 TOPPS NESTLE HAND CUT 39 KIRBY PUCKETT 9 Cert Printed View Item

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    1993 Kraft Superstar Singles but 94 and 95 are still being considered...I'll update once my sub pops, lol. I've been going around and around with CS on this one. btw Cosetta is a saint for putting up mith me, hehe.

1992 Baseball Enquirer; No we do not grade these. These are unlicensed and also there are no player names on the cards.

1994 Oscar Meyer Superstar Round-Up (but I think they should...again, have one in a sub at PSA right now).

1992 Star Ad Card. We have done some but there is usually very little information on these cards so it can be difficult. This one ticks me off because me and the guy that is #1 in the registry both subbed one in the same week...mine came back ungraded...and they graded his! It shows in the pop reports and in his registry set, dios mio!

Unfortunately...I'll have more as my five subs at PSA pop....

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Micheal Jordan Come Fly With Me insert for VHS tapes. Has t-shirt offer on the back.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    up top, and to add, PSA won't grade buyback autos unless you send to PSA/DNA first.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    48 Exhibits of Basketball and Football. However, they do grade baseball.......Go figure

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Updated. Anyone else?
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I had a 1973 Romulus I Dan Abramowicz doubloon come back ungraded recently. Not sure how you'd categorize that, but it was thrown at Mardi Gras.

Sam
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    1976 Penn Emblem

- uncut

• Options
    Does anyone know if they grade the Ty Beanie Baby / Beanie Buddy / Beanie Bopper cards that were given out as Stadium Give Aways with the accompanying Beanie bears?

I have some Valentino cards from the David Wells Perfect Game and some Spangle cards from the day Shane Spencer hit into an unassisted triple play to Randy Velarde.

Kind of strange how two of the rarest of the rare events in baseball history each took place in Yankee Stadium on Beanie Baby/Buddy days.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know if they grade the Ty Beanie Baby / Beanie Buddy / Beanie Bopper cards that were given out as Stadium Give Aways with the accompanying Beanie bears?

I have some Valentino cards from the David Wells Perfect Game and some Spangle cards from the day Shane Spencer hit into an unassisted triple play to Randy Velarde.

Kind of strange how two of the rarest of the rare events in baseball history each took place in Yankee Stadium on Beanie Baby/Buddy days. >>

I'd consider that a sign of the apocalypse
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq