Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

*** UPDATE: COIN SWAP UNDER WAY 9/11/10.... ***

Please reply, it has been along time since we have tried one. It seems that BOOM is MIA?

TC71

Comments

• Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    Let me chew on it - put me as tentative! image
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Options
    slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    Sure I'm game
  • Options
    Been kinda MIA myself.

But I'm game. image

(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the invite. I pretty much have to join in just to make sure there is enough volume on this forum to justify keeping it open. Count me in.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Sure!
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill give it another go. Count me in!
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the invite. Just not sure I'll be able to do it this time around. Got laid off recently and may have to pack it all up and move soon in order to get back into the workforce. I really don't have much trading material lying around these days anyways. Have fun guys!!!
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Tried this twice and both times it did not work out
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    This is great! We have some interest, we need to set a deadline date. Does Sept. 5th sound good?

• Options
    Sept. 5 works for me.
  • Options

<< <i>This is great! We have some interest, we need to set a deadline date. Does Sept. 5th sound good? >>

Is this the signup deadline? if so it's OK for me.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    OK put me as a firm, if nothing else, I can look at a bunch of nice coins and send them along to the next in line! image
  • Options
    How do y'all wanna work this? a person on person swap or a round robin style with a certain dollar amount max (I am GUESSING $50) Make it some kinda PCGS graded coin? Maybe y'all post what you interests are so that others will know what to get ya.

• Options
    When I first started doing the swaps, it was always round-robin. Things then changed to pairing off couples. I didn't like this at first, but it is kind of nice if two want to agree to higher value, or darkside, or whatever. I'm fine either way. If round-robin, I think $45-60 is about right.
  • Options

<< <i>How do y'all wanna work this? a person on person swap or a round robin style with a certain dollar amount max (I am GUESSING $50) Make it some kinda PCGS graded coin? Maybe y'all post what you interests are so that others will know what to get ya.

image >>

I have only done pair off swaps. What do you mean by round robin style?

And I'm only really interested in FB Mercs PCGS graded. RAW FB Mercs are also good for me.

I'm not saying I wouldn't WANT anything else PCGS graded, just NO special interest.

Paul

• Options
    I'm up for trading PCGS Morgan's for pretty much anything accept darkside or moderns. I like Bust halves, walkers, anything 1700s (who doesn't), etc.
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    I have some modern stuff and a very nicely toned Buffalo and a nicely toned Morgan as well.

Looking for some gold or silver bullion!! but whatever works.

Thanks,

Bstat
  • Options
    We will do a round-robin type swap. When I post the [who trades to whom, then whom trades to next] You can PM your address to the person who you are gonna swap with (actually two diff) One that is trading TO you and the one YOU are gonna trade with.

Lemme get a list together and post a potential swap list and get some feedback from y'all. I will be back in a while with a list.

TC71
  • Options
    Ok, here is the lineup I have so far:

Jinx86
    BigJohnD
    Bstat1020
    MorganBarber
    Lonelyp
    Slipgate
    TC71

Thats Seven:

So here goes.......

TC71 trades TO Jinx86 then trades TO LonelyP then trades TO BigJohnD then trades to Bstat1020 then trades to MorganBarber then trades to Slipgate who then trades to TC71.

Does this look ok with y'all? This is just a prelim list AND NOT SET IN STONE until I get feedback from all of the participants.
  • Options
    Trade Value of $50-$100 sound ok with you folks?

TC71
  • Options
    Round-robin is fine. $50-100 is fine. I will email address once a more people weigh in OKing terms.
  • Options

<< <i>Round-robin is fine. $50-100 is fine. I will email address once a more people weigh in OKing terms. >>

Looks like we will have to put this on HOLD until next WEEKEND.

• Options

<< <i>Ok, here is the lineup I have so far:

Jinx86
    BigJohnD
    Bstat1020
    MorganBarber
    Lonelyp
    Slipgate
    TC71

Thats Seven:

So here goes.......

TC71 trades TO Jinx86 then trades TO LonelyP then trades TO BigJohnD then trades to Bstat1020 then trades to MorganBarber then trades to Slipgate who then trades to TC71.

Does this look ok with y'all? This is just a prelim list AND NOT SET IN STONE until I get feedback from all of the participants. >>

Is that what you mean by "round robin"? You trade with everyone. That doesn't seem right to me, but if you really want to...

Do I just wait until you and Jinx86 are all done?

• Options

<< <i>

Jinx86
    BigJohnD
    Bstat1020
    MorganBarber
    Lonelyp
    Slipgate
    TC71

Thats Seven:

So here goes.......

Does this look ok with y'all? This is just a prelim list AND NOT SET IN STONE until I get feedback from all of the participants. >>

Is that what you mean by "round robin"? You trade with everyone. That doesn't seem right to me, but if you really want to...

image >>

You ask Jinx86 what they would like. and send it to them. Tell BigJohnD what you would like and they will send it to you.

• Options
    I'm good for any dollar amount. I am trying to put together a nice Barber display with an original piece of artwork by Charles Barber that I recently aquired. I have a high grade PCGS Liberty Nickel but I need a nice type coin for a PCGS Barber dime, quarter and half. I'd trade just about anything in my collection for them. I am trading with MorganBarber so I am hoping that you or someone else has some nice barber coins they are willing to part with.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jinx86
    BigJohnD
    Bstat1020
    MorganBarber
    Lonelyp
    Slipgate
    TC71

Thats Seven:

So here goes.......

image >>

You ask Jinx86 what they would like. and send it to them. Tell BigJohnD what you would like and they will send it to you. >>

OH, OK I see what you'er sayin. Are we set to go?
    Jinx86 PM me with your wants.
    Paul

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>Lets go! I am PMing BigJohn and MorganBarber >>

PMs sent to Jinx86 and Slipgate!

• Options
    PM sent to Big John,
    already asked Jinx86 for a PM.

Paul

• Options
    All righty gang, If ya havent starting PM'ing with who you are gonna swap TO and FOR then get to it!

Myself and a couple of others are already doing it!

If you feel obligated, please state when you have shipped.

• Options
    Hey,

Has anyone heard from Boom?

I haven't since the pre-4th of July swap went BUST.

I hope he's OK. image

• Options

<< <i>Hey,

Has anyone heard from Boom?

I haven't since the pre-4th of July swap went BUST.

I hope he's OK. image >>

I got a PM from him June 26th. That is the last I have heard from them......

• Options
    talking with morganbarber

Nothing back from bigjohnD yet. Anybody hear from him?

bstat

edited for spelling
  • Options

<< <i>talking with morganbarber

Nothing back from bigjohnD yet. Anybody head from him?

bstat >>

Dont feel bad, I am still waiting to hear from Jinx86.......

• Options
    Sorry for my tardiness, it was a national guard weekend
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry for my tardiness, it was a national guard weekend >>

No problem bud. I have also herd from BigjohnD once. It's going smooth enough for now. At least for me. image

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Man, I was a putz and did not sign up for this one.......image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options

<< <i>Man, I was a putz and did not sign up for this one.......image >>

What? No Faith?

• Options
    Hi gang,

There is a chance I was supossed to be talking to MorganBarber and Slipgate.

When I thought I was supossed to be talking to Jinx86 and BigJohn D.

If so I appoligize for the delay.

Gary please let me know.

Paul

• Options

Yeah, Jinx86 is getting something for you. Tell them what you would like.

TC71
  • Options
    So YOU have it as Jinx86 buys for me and I buy for BigJohnD?

I thought it was the other way around

• Options

<< <i>So YOU have it as Jinx86 buys for me and I buy for BigJohnD?

I thought it was the other way around >>

YES!!!!! Exactly!

• Options
    So much fun. Who was I buying for again....JK. things are goin fine here for now, just waiting for Paul's want list.
  • Options

<< <i>So much fun. Who was I buying for again....JK. things are goin fine here for now, just waiting for Paul's want list. >>

I had a miscommunication with LONELYP in PMs, SORRY!

• Options
    No problem, Ive had many....
  • Options
    Jinx86's coins were shipped this morning via FC USPS mail.

• Options
    LonelyP's Coins on hand and ready to ship tommorow.

Yay 200th post!
  • Options
    morganbarber stuff is going out tomorrow!

I received bigjohnD package yesterday! Thanks John!!

Bstat