Home Precious Metals
Options

when would YOU buy gold between now and the end of 2010?

PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭
If you had to pick ONE or TWO times between now and the end of the year to buy gold, what would they be. Your reasoning?

Would it be a specific $ target? A dip below 200 dma? A ratio of some sort?

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to get some today with a silver swap and a couple bucks after work.

Dangit, this didn't happen today, traffic stunk and I was not feeling the extra drive. Tomorrow hopefully.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Just bought 3/4 oz. I'm buying all I can when I can. It ain't gonna get cheaper any time soon.image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    For me, it would be right now.

We are coming out of the summer months and historically the odds lean
    towards a stronger price from here to and through the beginning of next year.

full disclosure: I'm not a buyer at this point because I'm already all in.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    i will try to pick my last 2oz up to meet me 20oz goal within the next month...seems gold goes down in the summer, and swings up later in the year.......i'll get mine now, and sit back and watch.
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    image another 1/4 just arrived in the mail. 2009 $10 AGE FS ms69.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one didn't buy any on the $1156 low that already occurred this summer, why would you want to pay more after a 6% recovery?

There should be a couple of nice dips during the rest of the year (late August? late Sept?, later October?) that would be decent times to buy some.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As RR indicated, the time to buy is on dips. If you have $$$ to burn & must buy PM's now , Silver or Palladium may be a good alternative.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭
    I hope to be buying gold and silver continuously for the remainder of the year. I buy in small enough quantities that the dips will never overcome the premiums or shipping charges, and since I'm looking 20 years down the road or longer, I just buy as often as I can and dollar-cost-average.
    Zach
  • Options
    I buy physical only = NO paper gold. The premiums have kept the price relatively close.

I plain to stop buying with as much enthusiasm when price is above $1,300.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now. there may be dips later, buy more.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The further in front of Christmas Season, the more likely you are to get a reasonable price.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is continuously.

I don't stash money waiting for dips. Instead I buy on a steady basis while looking for the best deals. That way I only need to spend current income without dipping into my cash savings. I'll hit my long term goal as soon as I add 13 more ounces.
  • Options
    My only change in plans is that I think I will concentrate more on getting some gold pieces with numismatic upside also. And the time to buy is when you see what you like.
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    The next two times I have extra cash. I try to buy some every weekend. If I do not spend it - my wife will. Macys dont take silver
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    October... either first week, or third week, during a downtrend -- of at least three trading days.

• Options
    I keep buying 1-2 oz weekly for the long haul.
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options

<< <i>I keep buying 1-2 oz weekly for the long haul. >>

If I could afford it, I'd be doing this also.

IMHO, this Bull Run has a long ways to go.......
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

The following is a King World interview with James Turk. Amongst other things he addresses this very topic.
    It would be very exciting if what he has to say about Silver comes to pass.

James Turk
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i would agree with tydye

i don't think we will see anything south of $1180 for some time.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, bought some gold today after a trip to the BM with a "half troy pound" silver eagle thing, to swap if that counts. Traded that 6oz and $20 for a 1/10th 2000 Krugerand.