Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Money fair showcases $100,000 bills, rare coins

It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!

Comments

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    I found this most interesting

"There are an estimated 200,000 serious coin collectors in the United States and more than a million casual collectors who spend about $3 billion annually, he said."

I thought the number was much higher
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good article... I am not sure how they define 'serious collector' though. I question their number without some sort of definition - I agree it is likely much higher. Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>...estimated 200,000 serious coin collectors in the United States... >>

500,000 is the number I have in mind. No scientific survey of course. image

500,000 persons in the U.S. active in numismatics (collectors, dealers, etc.) on a monthly basis is a figure a read somewhere recently. Coin World maybe?
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I found this most interesting

"There are an estimated 200,000 serious coin collectors in the United States and more than a million casual collectors who spend about $3 billion annually, he said."

I thought the number was much higher >>

At minimum, there must be several million "casual" collectors putting together sets of State and National Parks Quarters.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i found the $100,000 notes interesting. the rest of it was ok
  • Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed all of it.
  • Options

Was there a $100,000 bill there? Thought they had to be confiscated by government? I may have some that were saved from the fire in 1934...

• Options
    CoinNoviceCoinNovice Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

woah..
    10 years later.

• Options

CoinNovice....I just got them and have been looking for help

• Options

CoinNovice...Johnny9434 was online yesterday 3/10/20 so I thought I’d give it a try to contact him.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Volvster....Welcome aboard.....Where did you get yours?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

History of $100,000 Bills

https://youtu.be/CjKlK-gMZHk

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Volvster said:
    Was there a $100,000 bill there? Thought they had to be confiscated by government? I may have some that were saved from the fire in 1934...

Please show us.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Volvster said:

The ones saved from the fire were $10,000 bills that had been cancelled. They were thrown out the window so they wouldn't help feed the fire. The $100,000 bills never circulated outside of government channels.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file