Home Precious Metals
Options

Chapter 3 .... JM Silver.

LOOK MOM ...... I'M A SHUTTER BUG!!

Greetings ....

Today we have a small selection of JM silver bars.

This first pix is of the JM 1gram, 2 styles of 5 gram and a 10 gram bar. All of these are easy to find.
Expect to pay $10 - 15 - 20 for each size.

What is much harder to find are original sheets!! This is an original sheet of 1 gram bars.

Next we have examples of the 2 styles of the 1/2 oz bar and the 2 oz bar. The 1/2 ozers are not rare
but because they are a bit different, an so cute, they sell fast at the $30 level. Same with the 2 oz bars.
$50 - $70 a pop for these little guys in good shape is normal. [ This 2oz bar is 100x better in hand ... ].

Now for 1 of my favorite bars .... The struck 1/2 Kilo!! These babies just look soooooo nice.
Not rare, but not offered very often. Expect to spend around $400 for 1 of these.

The JM Kilo bars. I have found 2 styles so far. I must admit that I really do not go out of my
way to get these because they usually sell so blasted high! I have seen these go over $1k. ...
and they are not that rare. I got these a few years ago in a small shop in VT. $750 for the pair!

Cast 50s and 100s ------- Well, just never got into them .... Next...

The die struck/machined 100 oz bar in the box. They are 100% different from the rolled Engelhard.
Some folks prefer JM .... and some prefer Engls. Gotta say, I like them both.

Like a challenge? Put a set of these little guys together. The Canadian cast bar set. It's not really all that hard ....
but it does take a bit of time. The 5oz is the easiest. The 3, 4 and 7oz are all about the same as far as availability.

That's it for now folks. Chapter 4 - Engelhard Gold - is on its way.

Keep on Stack'n!! image
Silver Baron
Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.

Comments

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Beware: cover your keyboard to keep drool off image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    silverbaron, there are 1/2 kilo JM old poured bars, in fact two different styles. I can show you a pic of the ones I had. Also there is a 10 oz JMC bar.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    image Lot of 1st for me on the JM silver!

I do like the 1/2 kilo'simageimage

I remember when milkman had his for sale. His where poured, if I recall correctly.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a chapter on platinum?
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Great post again!
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405

<< <i>Is there a chapter on platinum? >>

There must be...I remember the OP talking about some Platinum Prospectors a while ago...image

Great thread SilverBaron! I now want a JM 1/2 Kilo!
    Can't wait to see the gold chapters. image
  • Options
    This is a great informative thread - I feel like I am at an exhibit at a show!
    Many buy and sell transactions. Let's talk!
  • Options
    zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! The half kilos are my favorite.
    Zach
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    ooohhhh man, me likey those 1/2 kilo JM bars. Gotta get one of them!!!!image
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a great informative thread - I feel like I am at an exhibit at a show! >>

+1image I'm sure most of us feel the same!
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Nice display. The Kilos are my favorite.
    Do you have a poured 20 oz?
    I've never seen one offered for sale after mine. (I expect more exist)
  • Options
    Where did you get those 1 gram bars? I can't seem to find them, and don't want to go on flea bay...
    Many buy and sell transactions. Let's talk!
  • Options

<< <i>
    Like a challenge? Put a set of these little guys together. The Canadian cast bar set. It's not really all that hard ....
    but it does take a bit of time. The 5oz is the easiest. The 3, 4 and 7oz are all about the same as far as availability.

Keep on Stack'n!! image >>

Where is the 10oz?
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    now I discover another set to track down......thank youimage
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    One just sold on ebay...JM Set
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123