Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Facts - how cool is this?

tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
I have the only Monroe MS 65 + which by itself, is cool as a Pop 1. Now, my coin has been added to the Monroe pictures, at CoinFacts website, as an (the) example of what a Monroe in MS65+ looks like.

I'd post a link but I think that would be violating the copyright rules.

Glad I listened to Warren Mills when he said I *had* to buy his Monroe a couple of years ago.

Comments

• Options
    howardshowards Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭
    Posting links is never a copyright violation. A link is only a pointer to copyrighted material, not a copy of the copyrighted material.
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't matter. Unless you're a Coin Facts subscriber, the link wouldn't work. A subscriber would know where to look image

Very cool that you have a CF "plate coin"

JH
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice... a pop1 and a coinplate.... cool. Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice... a pop1 and a coinplate.... cool. Cheers, RickO >>

Thanks, I was surprised. When I got the coins back, I went to look at the pop report and, low and behold, pop 1. About two weeks later, I went to see if it was still a pop 1 and what it would bring between a 65 an 66. I saw a coinplate for a 65+ and highlighted it. I thought it looked like my coin so I fetched it out of the safe and, voila!, same exact coin.

Brought a smile to my face, I gotta admit. image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Very nice... a pop1 and a coinplate.... cool. Cheers, RickO >>

Thanks, I was surprised. When I got the coins back, I went to look at the pop report and, low and behold, pop 1. About two weeks later, I went to see if it was still a pop 1 and what it would bring between a 65 an 66. I saw a coinplate for a 65+ and highlighted it. I thought it looked like my coin so I fetched it out of the safe and, voila!, same exact coin.

Brought a smile to my face, I gotta admit. image >>

Great storyimage
  • Options
    SCDHunterSCDHunter Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have the only Monroe MS 65 + which by itself, is cool as a Pop 1. Now, my coin has been added to the Monroe pictures, at CoinFacts website, as an (the) example of what a Monroe in MS65+ looks like.

Glad I listened to Warren Mills when he said I *had* to buy his Monroe a couple of years ago.

image >>

Let me get this straight. PCGS is charging the public a fee to look at a photo of YOUR coin, and you are excited about it?image
  • Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    That's one of the terms in the fine print of the photo agreement. PCGS owns that image of your coin. The coin owner must request permission to use it.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Let me get this straight. PCGS is charging the public a fee to look at a photo of YOUR coin, and you are excited about it?image >>

Section 13 on the back of the PCGS submission forms. I guess if this bothers you too much then you should not submit coins to PCGS for grading. I just wish PCGS would credit the submitter of the coin and thank them....but I guess PCGS finds this to be too much trouble?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have the only Monroe MS 65 + which by itself, is cool as a Pop 1. Now, my coin has been added to the Monroe pictures, at CoinFacts website, as an (the) example of what a Monroe in MS65+ looks like.

image >>

Let me get this straight. PCGS is charging the public a fee to look at a photo of YOUR coin, and you are excited about it?image >>

Hey, I'll take any "honor" I can get. Plus HomeRun was kind enough to give our son (who just won two Best Registry sets as one of two YM's of 2010) a free subscription to CoinFacts, so if PCGS wants to use my coin, it's ok with me and I'm flattered.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    You'll have to post links at least to the page that has the image as I cannot find it on pcgscoinfacts.com
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Can't post a link without revealing, indirectly, the password through it.

If, however, you look under silver commems, Monroe....you'll be shown 3 pics: a 65, a 66 and mine which is the 65+
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't post a link without revealing, indirectly, the password through it.

If, however, you look under silver commems, Monroe....you'll be shown 3 pics: a 65, a 66 and mine which is the 65+ >>

Duh! image

Yer talking to a Presidential Dollar collector hear buddy so when you say "Monroe"................guess where I'm looking (and wondering what's so hot about an MS65+)! image

Thanks for bringing me back to reality!

Here's the PCGS Coinfacts link for those that have signed up.

And yes, having your coin on PCGS Coin Facts is way cool. image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Can't post a link without revealing, indirectly, the password through it.

If, however, you look under silver commems, Monroe....you'll be shown 3 pics: a 65, a 66 and mine which is the 65+ >>

Duh! image

Yer talking to a Presidential Dollar collector hear buddy so when you say "Monroe"................guess where I'm looking (and wondering what's so hot about an MS65+)! image

Thanks for bringing me back to reality!

Here's the PCGS Coinfacts link for those that have signed up.

And yes, having your coin on PCGS Coin Facts is way cool. image >>

Sorry, never thunked about Prez dollar collectors. image

We classic commem folks just think da world revolves around us. image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice Monroe!

I also just realized my XF40 1819 Large 9 Capped Bust Quarter is displayed on the respective Coin Facts page. Sweet!

Edited to add: It seems my toned Grant commemorative is there too, only it is listed as a MS64 with a (presumably) old cert #. The coin now resides in a 65 holder. Sweetness x2!

JH
  • Options

<< <i>That's a nice Monroe!

I also just realized my XF40 1819 Large 9 Capped Bust Quarter is displayed on the respective Coin Facts page. Sweet!

Edited to add: It seems my toned Grant commemorative is there too, only it is listed as a MS64 with a (presumably) old cert #. The coin now resides in a 65 holder. Sweetness x2!

JH >>

Wow, good for you.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure Coin Facts was really worth it, but after subscribing I am going to stick with it. There is a lot of good info there.

And I still think they should bundle it with PCGS membership..........or create some new membership catagory..........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file