Home Sports Talk

Post a pic of your sports car!

Just got this one on Thursday. Whats in your garage?

Comments

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I dont see any gold on it.

Looks kinda ghetto to me

• << <i>Just got this one on Thursday. Whats in your garage?

image >>

Very nice and congrats. My 5 year old son thinks you have the fastest car....even faster than a Ferrari. Truth be told, he has a ZR1 Blue Corvette Hot Wheel car that I told him is so fast you need to be special to drive it. Now he thinks blue Corvettes are the fastest. Not green, red, orange, white, etc....just blue image.

Anyway, had me one of these:

Then sold it because I got sick of it.

Got me one of these (LT4, 6-Speed)

and sold it due to (i) no time (2 seater, and 4 in our family), (2) saw the economic issues coming in 2007, and (3) because I wanted one of these for the four seats:

Then realized that GM no longer cares about families (have you seen the back seats?), so I will get one of these next depending on the deal.

or

or

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>I dont see any gold on it.

Looks kinda ghetto to me >>

LOL@ a corvette looking "ghetto". Thats some funny stuff right there!image
    Hey megatron....the 1987 GN was my 1st choice and I had one lined up for about $10,000. But my wife hates the boxy look to it, so she insisted on the vette. I have owned a 2000 and a 2002 Z28 and was very happy with both of those cars. But this C6 vette absolutely blows the Camaro away in both looks and performance. I havent stayed into the throttle for more than a second and a half because its so vicious (not to mention unsafe around here). Tell your kid that the ZR1 IS faster than a Ferrari. The new one puts out 630 HP via a blown motor, and cost about a buck twenty. Good luck on getting a nice TA....those are sharp cars, AND you can fit the 4 of you in it if going on short drives! image
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a "sports car" but sits in my garage. Fun just to drive on weekends!!

-Claude
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't fit in a sports car (6'-5"/315 lbs.), so this is how I roll... I'm replacing it with a 2007 Suburban when I get back from the National. image

• PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I don't have a garage. I just drive a regular car. Instead of a sports car, for excitement I like to get on my John Deere and mow some of my twenty acres, and then when I'm done go sit in my crappy old boat on my little pond and relax with some good Southern cooking and the sounds of nature. I guess I'm just a poor old country boy. I'll never be rich and own a sports car like that. Somehow I think I'll be ok. But I sure am impressed with your accomplishments.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
    so I assume you guys are all Green Party supporters right?
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got this one on Thursday. Whats in your garage? >>

'77 Gremlin with tinted windows and a vintage pine tree air freshener.

• nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    23T 680 HP

• csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    Traded a 1987 Topps PSA 9 Mike Schmidt and 2 bags of Funyuns (actually around 1 1/4 bags of Funyuns since I ate some of them) for this bad boy:

• alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    sorry, don't have a sports car, only sports cards......

<< <i>look at me, look at me, look at me

imageimageimageimageimageimage >>

Yeah, shame on me for wanting to show off my dream car!
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Machines are in my garage.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    More than a broom and a kit car.
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Compensating for your "shortcomings" again I see!! You know they have surgery that can correct your small size...you dont have to buy a fast car to make you feel more like a man!!

Seriously....who's car is this?? your neighbors?? How can you afford this on your paltry salary as a hydrant jockey????
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Didn't realize that gecko was old enough for a midlife crisis... But then again, it seems he's always in crisis.

The National's coming to Chicago soon, Sport. We HAVE to meet up! I'll even pay your admission so that you don't have any excuses.

<< <i>Didn't realize that gecko was old enough for a midlife crisis... But then again, it seems he's always in crisis.

The National's coming to Chicago soon, Sport. We HAVE to meet up! I'll even pay your admission so that you don't have any excuses. >>

I think we can find a place for the showdown, hell I think we could even sell tickets!! But we all know he wont show up!!

<< <i>Compensating for your "shortcomings" again I see!! You know they have surgery that can correct your small size...you dont have to buy a fast car to make you feel more like a man!!

Seriously....who's car is this?? your neighbors?? How can you afford this on your paltry salary as a hydrant jockey???? >>

You know who uses that philosophy about vettes and "shortcomings"? Guys who cant afford vettes.image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    look at me, look at me, look at me

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>

<< <i>Compensating for your "shortcomings" again I see!! You know they have surgery that can correct your small size...you dont have to buy a fast car to make you feel more like a man!!

Seriously....who's car is this?? your neighbors?? How can you afford this on your paltry salary as a hydrant jockey???? >>

You know who uses that philosophy about vettes and "shortcomings"? Guys who cant afford vettes.image >>

So where did you rent that car from anyway???? Did you get it back by midnight????

<< <i>

<< <i>

You know who uses that philosophy about vettes and "shortcomings"? Guys who cant afford vettes.image >>

So where did you rent that car from anyway???? Did you get it back by midnight???? >>

No...and it turned into a large pumpkin. image
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everybody!! Look at my cars!!!

Here's a cool red Ferrari I bought last week....

And here's my wife standing in front of a Mustang I bought the other day....

And this my older, scientist friend and me with a Delorean I had back in the 80s.....

So where did you rent it from?

How can a public servant like you afford something like this...oh yeah...I answered my own question...you are a public servant.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Sold this one a while, have to dig for pictures of the other ones

Post a picture of a nice car that I just bought and all the little kids come out in anger because they dont have one. Typical for an internet forum I guess. I have had a dozen neighbors stop by the house to check it out and congratulate me on the car...and tell me how pretty it is. I had nobody in real life throw insults or bile. Easy to be a "keyboard toughguy" isnt it? image

<< <i>Post a picture of a nice car that I just bought and all the little kids come out in anger because they dont have one. Typical for an internet forum I guess. I have had a dozen neighbors stop by the house to check it out and congratulate me on the car...and tell me how pretty it is. I had nobody in real life throw insults or bile. Easy to be a "keyboard toughguy" isnt it? image >>

Nope not true. I dont have a sports car because I dont want one. I have no interest.

Your actions here on this board and others dictate our response to you. And as for internet tough guy, well others have challenged you but you backed off like a scared little sissy. Many of us live in the Chicago area and would welcome a chance to meet you face to face to have a beer and discuss our issues with you. So why dont we just set a date and time to do just that...say the Suntimes show in the fall in Rosemont! you name the day you want to meet and I am sure many would love to meet you. SO what will it be tough guy? Or do you have a previous engagement that you have to take care of in November???
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Gecko - Take this for what it is worth. You've posted a number of times about your gold, and your income, etc. None of us know you personally. I honestly don't know if you are a super nice guy, or the biggest jerk around. You and I have never had any harsh words, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. And if your lifelong dream has been to own a vette and you finally achieved it, then congrats to you and I am happy for you. But please understand that there are a variety of people that post on this board. Some are extremely well off and can afford things. I've read dozens of posts about people buying complete vintage sets or putting together high-grade vintage sets in less than a year. But, for the most of us, money is not something trivial. I make about $40k a year. If I am really good with my money I can maybe put about $5k a year into my collection. I would bet a lot of folks here can't even do that. So, it comes down to this: Those that are on this board that can drop the kind of coin that it takes to buy a vintage set in one shot are not impressed by a car that they could go out and purchase at any time. Those of us that aren't well off really don't want to have our nose rubbed in it by those that make more money than we do.

So, I say this to you. If you want to show off your car, then that is great. But, remember your audience, and show some degree of humility. Nothing negative here, just my two cents. I hope you enjoy your car, and I say that with complete sincerity.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Well said, Sam.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Post a picture of a nice car that I just bought and all the little kids come out in anger because they dont have one. Typical for an internet forum I guess. I have had a dozen neighbors stop by the house to check it out and congratulate me on the car...and tell me how pretty it is. I had nobody in real life throw insults or bile. Easy to be a "keyboard toughguy" isnt it? image >>

for those that didn't post a picture, you don't have the slightest idea of what we drive. Some of us don't have a sports car - either because we can't afford one, or because we don't want one. Some of us have one, but don't feel the need to say "look at me, look at me, look at me" all the damn time. We don't have to try to elevate ourselves to the gang so that we can feel better, or superior, or special about ourselves. We don't need to be stroked on the internet to justify our existence. Like Sam said, some here can afford to buy whatever the hell they want, be it cars, houses, high-end vintage, etc without the need to blare it to the masses. They do it quietly, no fanfare or bragging - which is exactly the way you come off every time you claim to have come into possession of something. Wow, you had about a dozen neighbors come and stroke your ego - way to go! Wow, you make X amount of dollars - way to go! Wow, you blah blah blah - way to go!

look at me, look at me, look at me

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

He advertised to get those dozen people to stop by.

Ah, good ol' Shea...great memories there..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Ah, good ol' Shea...great memories there.. >>

That's why he attracted only 12 people.

The New Yorkers were not impressed either.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭
    It's nice to show but its annoying when someone "shows off". There is a history of trying to "show off" with the OP and thats why he gets this kind of response. Some people just dont get it because they have no humility. Those types are near the bottom of the barrel when it comes to class.
    I agree with Barry...there are many members here who graciously post when they've completed a high-end set or purchased a home, or other big ticket item, and those members receive congratulations and kudos from the board. But if you have a history of being a braggart, well, obviously the response you get will be different...and when you start a thread like this one and conclude it with a question like, ""What's in your garage?," you come off as being obnoxious or a show-off, or someone who just needs to have their ego stroked...JMO..

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very nice and congrats. My 5 year old son thinks you have the fastest car....even faster than a Ferrari. Truth be told, he has a ZR1 Blue Corvette Hot Wheel car that I told him is so fast you need to be special to drive it. Now he thinks blue Corvettes are the fastest. Not green, red, orange, white, etc....just blue . >>

I like your sons thinking....

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blu62vette. That is one sharp vehicle.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoFLPhilly fan...THANKS for the grin!!!

blu632vette...nice machine!!. ? Does the steering wheel pose that much of a problem? I've watched a zillion Mecum auctions, and each time a 62 vette comes up they refer to the fixed steering wheel position as being a bit of too up close and tight. Hope you enjoy that sweet toy!!!

I had a 69 and 73 vette, fun to own and drive. The 73 was my favorite till a truck hit me and almost sent me "vette heaven". I still have the biggest piece of fiberglass, a piece about a foot square with the corvette red logo from the nose. What a horrible morning that was!! I am tempted every day to buy a new vette, but may wait till the 2013 verson and see what they do for the 60th Anniversary. I paid $6.3k for my 73 vette, brand new...now ten times more expensive.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Someone is starving for attention.

Well, guess it worked, so good for you.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    That's the coolest car I've ever seen! Boy howdy I sure wish I had one.
    I'd like to nominate Gecko109 as the coolest board member of 2010.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Very nice and congrats. My 5 year old son thinks you have the fastest car....even faster than a Ferrari. Truth be told, he has a ZR1 Blue Corvette Hot Wheel car that I told him is so fast you need to be special to drive it. Now he thinks blue Corvettes are the fastest. Not green, red, orange, white, etc....just blue . >>

I like your sons thinking....

image >>

MMmmmmmmmmm!!!! (Insert drool smiley) image
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭
    I got this a couple months ago. No it's not a "sports car" and it's a four door but it's quite fast with the V8. image