Home Precious Metals

2010 gold chart

gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
Tracking golds path for 2010.

imageimage

Avid collector of GSA's.

Comments

• EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the elections will have any effect, unless it become some kind of hot-button issue, which I don't see happening. I would call the Feb to June run-up the "Beck Bounce".
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i'm sorta thinking not much.

i'm pretty sure 1180 (which was broached lower this month) will be the low for quite some time.....years

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Beck bounceimage I highly doubt that.

The POG is a world wide barometer. Vast uncertainty & broke governments.

Gold = securityimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strength from Feb through June was due to seasonal cycling (ie bounce back from the Dec-January trouncing) that was further extended to new all time gold highs by the severe weakness in the Euro/European financials. The strength in gold is highlighted by the fact that it reached a new all time high during a corrective phase, as far as I know the only major traded commodity to do so. It did the same thing during the corrective phase of the 1974 high.

The fall elections will affect the price of gold (and commodities) in that the incumbents will push to restore QE in order to retain their seats. Look for a stagflationary binge from late August through November.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold's pricing is currently more affected by covert action than true market action. Any market action, including elections, that might have a positive affect will certainly be met with countering negative action. Gold's true value will not be completely known until market forces eventually overpower intentional covert influence. The true market will eventually prevail. Until it does we will continue to witness greater spreads between paper and physical pricing.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The true market will eventually prevail. >>

I should live that longimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • I am surprised how well gold is performing despite some experts saying its overpriced
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    "Will the fall elections affect gold?"

Probably not, the major driver right now is the sovereign debt of many European Union countries. Follow the debt crisis in Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Great Britain and they will show you the direction gold is heading.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

<< <i>"Will the fall elections affect gold?"

Probably not, the major driver right now is the sovereign debt of many European Union countries. Follow the debt crisis in Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Great Britain and they will show you the direction gold is heading. >>

I feel a huge upside soon if your correct. I fail to see where all this hoke-us poke-us accounting makes every country/nation cured over night.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    imageimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.