Home Precious Metals
Options

What if Gold and Silver doubled it's value by year end

KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
What would be the best way, or best place to sell your bullion? I have never sold any, only stacked for years so I am curious about the best options. image
PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would sell to the same B & M I bought it from. One call, lock in the price and mail it to them. Easy peasy. MJ

MJ will mail it here
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    BSTimage and Coin shows are my favorites!
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your case, since you've never sold any, I would stick with a reputable B&M store, or online bullion dealers such as APMEX. You won't get top dollar though. Top $$$$ are still only obtained on eBay, even if you take into account the fees.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    KUCHKUCH Posts: 1,186
    Instead of selling, I'm going to make my mortgage payment with one gold coin! image
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold and silver doubling by year's end? Ummm... I'd probably not have time to sell any cause I'd be outside watching all of the flying pigs.....!

BST forum would be the way to go. Ebay would probably get some good prices, but way too many scams going on right now, and probably will get worse when bullion prices increase like you postulate.
    ----- kj
  • Options

<< <i>Gold and silver doubling by year's end? Ummm... I'd probably not have time to sell any cause I'd be outside watching all of the flying pigs.....!

. >>

The United States is the "current" economic leader in the world. Most people agree that Asia is the next economic superpower.
    Most of the jobs we have in America today are through all the stimulus money. Once that money runs out, we're going to
    have to have more quantitative easing to produce more jobs. Except for the food and health care sectors, our economy is horrible at best. Too bad we can't say Apple is helping us, because all their stuff is made in China too.

Once America starts to unravel, you could easily see a huge spike in the price of gold. Being that there have been other
    posts about China encouraging its citizens to get gold and silver for the future, then we may assume that China is trying
    to position itself as the next superpower, not if, but when our debt is due, and we can't keep printing money.

I'm sure there are some here who laugh at the idea of gold going to $5,000 in the next five years. I say not only is
    it possible, it's probable. We are Greece, only ten times worse. Once our cards start to fall, then everyone else is
    going to tumble with us. We'll see riots in the streets of large cities, and fear like you've never seen ever before in our country.
    It's going to be worse then the great depression.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Gold and silver doubling by year's end? Ummm... I'd probably not have time to sell any cause I'd be outside watching all of the flying pigs.....!

. >>

The United States is the "current" economic leader in the world. Most people agree that Asia is the next economic superpower.
    Most of the jobs we have in America today are through all the stimulus money. Once that money runs out, we're going to
    have to have more quantitative easing to produce more jobs. Except for the food and health care sectors, our economy is horrible at best. Too bad we can't say Apple is helping us, because all their stuff is made in China too.

. >>

Ummm, no.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    It would depend on the type of material, but for a large amount of bullion coins, I would try Tulving first.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    If that happened I would verrry strongly consider that beachfront place we have once upon a time and sail off into the sunset image