Home Sports Talk
Options

Poll - Who will win the NL MVP award this season?

stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
I voted for Ryan Howard.

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I voted for Ryan Howard. >>

Jeez.... Stevek, this is a new low, even for a Phillies fan. I can tell your Phillies have you excited again though. Welcome back to the NL east chase..
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will they take back the award after he tests positive for PEDs?? image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I just checked the polling - so far it's Ryan Howard with 100% of the votes.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I laughed. That's a good one. I just hope we don't get too many copy cat threads. It's funny the first time!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Strasburg's already been given all the awards (for both leagues). I don't know what the point of this vote is for. 2nd place?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Howard will get 2 votes, yours and his mother. Even Howard is voting Votto.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I very carefully tabulated each vote and double checked it, and right now the voting is unanimous for Ryan Howard.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    How many bandwagon fans voted?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Maybe Roy Oswalt?

.... DOH!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Votto is MVP in my book..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Votto is of course a strong candidate especially with the Reds playing well, and if the voting were held today, he would likely win it...but the voting isn't held until the end of the regular season so we'll see what happens.

• Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    Carlos Zambrano.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Ryan Howard on the Disabled List. If Howard is truly the MVP, the Phillies should collapse at this point without the greatest player in the National League.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ryan Howard on the Disabled List. If Howard is truly the MVP, the Phillies should collapse at this point without the greatest player in the National League. >>

As an aside, it's amazing the Phillies are still in it and within sniffing distance of first place in the NL East. They've had 15 players on the DL this season and it seems like half of their AAA team is on the roster.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Where's Fandingleberry's Pooholes obsessed butt when you actually need it???

We'll see how much time he misses for his ankle, but I think Votto is the front runner atm.
  • Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    Buster Posey for MVP. After he was called up from the minors, the Giants offense changed from pathetic to the highest scoring in July.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    should be a pitcher this year...

unless someone gets really really hot in August and Sept....

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>should be a pitcher this year... >>

Surely not Ubaldo
  • Options

<< <i>Buster Posey for MVP. After he was called up from the minors, the Giants offense changed from pathetic to the highest scoring in July. >>

He was named July's NL Player of the Month AND NL Rookie of the Month.

• Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    i love this thread

i love sifting through my black PSA boxes, looking at Ton of rare rookie cards, all worth hundreds and hundreds each!

You can have your cake an eat it too!!!

WOOT BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!!!!

k, your cool......................
  • Options

<< <i>

Surely not Ubaldo >>

If it were a pitcher, it would be Josh Johnson, not Ubaldo. Jimenez has had a few bad outings since the break. JJ on the other hand seems unstoppable almost every outing.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Surely not Ubaldo >>

If it were a pitcher, it would be Josh Johnson, not Ubaldo. Jimenez has had a few bad outings since the break. JJ on the other hand seems unstoppable almost every outing. >>

I like Adam Wainwright's chances. I think the one thing that is gonna hurt Johnson is his wins.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Surely not Ubaldo >>

If it were a pitcher, it would be Josh Johnson, not Ubaldo. Jimenez has had a few bad outings since the break. JJ on the other hand seems unstoppable almost every outing. >>

I like Adam Wainwright's chances. I think the one thing that is gonna hurt Johnson is his wins. >>

It shouldn't matter, but it might factor in. If JJ can keep the ERA under 2, I think voters will be too enamored with that stat not to vote for him (for CY, not MVP)

Josh Johnson - 1.97 ERA, 156 K / 155 Innings, hitters' BA .214, 10 Wins.
    Adam Wainwright - 2.07 ERA, 154K / 169 Innings, hitters' BA .213, 16 Wins.

• Options
    Has it ever happened where a pitcher won the MVP but not the CY Young?
  • Options

<< <i>Has it ever happened where a pitcher won the MVP but not the CY Young? >>

Nope, never.

• Options
    i love this thread

i love sifting through my black PSA boxes, looking at Ton of rare rookie cards, all worth hundreds and hundreds each!

You can have your cake an eat it too!!!

WOOT BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!!!!

k, your cool......................

He's the best player ever and you are the coolest person ever.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, possibly against my better judgment, I will just throw in my 2 cents.

Right now, it is between Joey Votto and Albert Pujols. Votto has been consistent all year. Pujols has been consistent too, but his average has suffered until the last couple of weeks. Pujols has been on fire and raised his average from .295 to .313 in a week and a half (since July 30). They are both contending for the the triple crown and are 1/2 in OPS. It may come down to which team wins the division or which player is hotter the last month of the season.

Shane

• Options
    Ok, possibly against my better judgment, I will just throw in my 2 cents.

Right now, it is between Joey Votto and Albert Pujols. Votto has been consistent all year. Pujols has been consistent too, but his average has suffered until the last couple of weeks. Pujols has been on fire and raised his average from .295 to .313 in a week and a half (since July 30). They are both contending for the the triple crown and are 1/2 in OPS. It may come down to which team wins the division or which player is hotter the last month of the season.

I think that's about right. If I had to bet between the two I would take AP. Plus, beyond winning the MVP he is the greatest human of all time.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    It is the MVP, not

MCP....

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...