Home Metal Detecting
Options

Green as can be

This is my first MD post and I am new to the hobby.
I purchased a inexpensive metal detector and with no idea
of what I was doing I took it on vacation to Colorado in hopes of
spending some time in a few ghost towns along a old railroad line
that was used in the gold rush. The tracks and the bridges are long gone but my son and I where able to make it up to a old railroad stop and worked it for a few hours. Did not have much luck but did find a lot of spent shell caseings and a few washers and something I can not identify looks like a charm from a neckless? I will follow up with a scan maybe one of you have seen one.
Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.

Comments

• Options
    TevaTeva Posts: 830
    Here are the scansimageimage
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the MD forum Teva.....I have no idea what the item is (good pictures by the way), I would suggest going to www.metaldetectingforum.com , join that group and post it on the 'what is it' section... there are a great group of people over there dedicated to this great hobby... and someone usually has an answer. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Welcome to the hobby. Once you get hooked into it, you will never stop
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a wonderful hobby that you joined. happy hunting and see ya out there image best wishes
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pardon my double post all. that copper looks like a counter stamped old colonial. just my not so good opinion lol thanks
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    It looks like that "X" that marks a spot, I hope you remember where you found it.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    TevaTeva Posts: 830

<< <i>It looks like that "X" that marks a spot, I hope you remember where you found it. >>

Thats what I was hoping myselfimage
    I am off to Vermont next week a good friend of mine just bought a large parcel 500+ acres and he found a old settelment on it and he
    is waiting for me to get there before he searches it. He has been
    metal detecting for twenty years so I hope to learn a lot.
  • Options
    Sounds really cool... good luck
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates her Teva??? Really curious about that old site in Vermont... should be very interesting. Cheers, RickO