Home Precious Metals

washington mint quarter pounders

chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
anyone familar with these? four troy oz .999 silver,layered with a coating? of .999 platinum...what are they worth?

Comments

• zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't that be a one-third pounder?
    Zach
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    not if you use 16 oz to a pound scale.....I mixed scales didnt Iimage
  • zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

<< <i>not if you use 16 oz to a pound scale.....I mixed scales didnt Iimage >>

Yep. image There are 12 troy ounces in a troy pound.

I do not know what these are worth and I have never seen them before. If they are marked with fineness and weight, I would say they are at least worth melt to the right buyer.
    Zach
  • I have seen 4-oz .999 silver bars that are replicas of the $1, $10, $20, and $100 bills locally at coin shops and at coin shows. I think that those are Washington Mint silver bars but I could be wrong on that.

I do not think that I have seen any Washington Mint 4-oz .999 silver layered with a coating of .999 platinum.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Cheese with your quarter pounders?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone familar with these? four troy oz .999 silver,layered with a coating? of .999 platinum...what are they worth? >>

I would not pay more for them than the non coated bars, never seen one though. Do you have a link or scan?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    wish I could provide pics,unfortunately I am computer challanged and can barely run the mouseimage