Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Finished my 1968 Set Warning lots of scans ENJOY

As many of you know I have been working on my 68 set for 4 years now and finally finished it with 100%. I still need 7 cards to be fully PSA 8 and above but I did finish it. I thought I would put up some scans of the set so that some of the board members would enjoy seeing them. Warning there are a lot of scans so enjoy.

Whew I hope you all enjoyed the cards.
Knotty Hobby Woodworks
Vintage Rookies

Comments

• Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 97% done with my 1975 set HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    WOW! Sweet looking cards you have there.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Nice high end 8's
    That Veale is one of my favorite poses
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding!
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic set...you have a good eye for cards.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!

The Drysdale photo really jumped out at me! I like it.

Major accomplishment - 4 yrs - very nice - I've been working on a 63F BB set since 2004 and still need about 20% - and that's only 67 cards!
    Mike
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Exemplary - look like a few are bump worthy in there...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Awesome! The '68 set, along with the '62 and '63 Topps sets are the favorite three from my childhood. Thanks for showing me what the cards looked like coming out of the pack -- my raw sets sure don't look this great!
  • Options
    Very nice, and thanks for sharing!
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the compliments. The cards came from all over the place. Buying raw at shows, E-bay, auction houses, and some great people from this board that has helped on this set. I have always enjoyed most of the threads on this board. Im still deciding what will be my next set to start hopefully it wont be 4 years long.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    That is fantastic! I am at 97% on the 1973 set. You have a great eye. Congratulations.
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!! I just started the '56 set, I hope that I can get it done in 4 years!

By the way, where's Clemente's base card? I looked and looked and it's no where to be found!!!!!
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Wicked sweet accomplishment! Awesome cards too! Enjoy them and the accomplishment. One day I hope I will complete a set that is over 500 cards.
  • Options
    Fantastic Set ..............I always seem to lose focus and can never finish a set I start.
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Great cards!!!!!
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on making the finish line. I'm not ambitious enough to tackle a set that large. I bet it gives you a nice feeling of satisfaction to wrap it up. I was looking at the cards and noticed how old that Schoendienst looked back then. I'll have to look p a current picture of him and see what he looks like 42 years later.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Way to go, and congrats on picking up such nice examples of 8s. Well done!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectacular image

I've always loved that Sanguillen card.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Absolutely Fantastic accomplishment. What a beautiful set you built. Congratulations
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! An outstanding accomlishment. I have the 68 set in raw, but not to the condition yours is. Beautiful cards

Joe
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all the compliments. Ive been waiting to put the set on here. I see all the time people completing sets and sharing on the boards. Im just glad it was my turn to do it. I still need a couple more cards if anyone knows where they are, let me know. I think for my next set that I will start building, I still dont know which one yet. But I will have a thread directly for that set. With scans and comments on all the progress. Only problem is with my job I am gone a lot so it will take a long time. But I am glad you guys are enjoying the scans. If there are any specific card you would like to see from the set let me know

Thanks
    Mike
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    What's the set name? I may have some upgrades for you. I'm #40, osfan007. lmk.
    Bob
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

That's really awesome, well done. image
  • Options
    Congrats on the set. I think the Rose is my fav, but they all look great. Nice work. Doug
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I still need a couple more cards if anyone knows where they are, let me know. >>

Mike,
    I can't seem to figure out which set is yours on the registry. I have some extras in PSA 8--which ones do you need?
    Bob
  • Options
    Great looking cards and set Congratulations on a job well done.

Two comments. I watched the Braves and Cubs today and seeing Lou Piniella coaching his last major league game and you have his '68 card posted

Is it me or does card #550, Clete Boyer look like Gomer Pyle?

Ron.
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.