Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing that someone would even submit that coin for grading. I'd have been so embarrassed with the results
    that it would have been cracked out and put in a roll and sold anonymously.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GACK!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Alltheabove76Alltheabove76 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Amazing that someone would even submit that coin for grading. I'd have been so embarrassed with the results
    that it would have been cracked out and put in a roll and sold anonymously.

bob >>

I have seen some worthless coins slabbed. But, that has to be near the top. And it definately has to be the most worthless coin I have ever seen on Teletrade. I think the label is worth more than the coin.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, label is worth 50¢

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has someone actually bid $7 for it, or is that some kind of automatic bid? Either way their are more than one afflicted person here in this auction.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The owner of that coin probably posted it to these boards at one time and said it was found in
    his great aunt's favorite sweater pocket or something and 50% of the responses here said " I'd send it in..."

Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the submitter thought they seen an S on the reverse....
  • Options

<< <i>Has someone actually bid $7 for it, or is that some kind of automatic bid? Either way their are more than one afflicted person here in this auction.
    Jim >>

Omg. Surely that was just someone here being a smarta&& and bid on it!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg, thats not good image
  • Options
    After juice and shipping someone paid about $15 for that. Amazing!
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At a few people were out of their helmets. image That includes the person who submitted coin for grading and anyone who bid on it. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Maybe they sent it to teletrade for the free grading offer.
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...my eyes...MY EYES!!!!!!
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file