Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

robbery at gun point

Robbery in Moreno Valley CA.

The Moreno Valley police are searching for two men who kidnapped and robbed two pawn shop workers who escaped from a car trunk.

Police said the two men were robbed at gunpoint as they were closing shop Saturday. A gunman stole the men's cell phones, car keys and wallets and forced the workers into their own car trunks.

One of the workers told police he could hear one of the captors tell his accomplice to drive away while he would follow, according to a Moreno Valley police report.

When the cars stopped, one of the pawn shop workers was able to open the trunk's interior lock and jump out of the car. The second victim jumped out of the trunk as the car was turning, sheriff's officials said. The victim rolled onto the road and suffered minor injuries.

The two eventually contacted police, who used the car's tracking device to locate the vehicle where it had been abandoned.

Police described one suspect as a male, 5-foot-3, 160 pounds and wearing a white hat, white shirt and black pants. The other suspect was also male, about 5-foot-6, wearing a dark shirt and blue jeans.

Authorities are asking anyone with information to call 951-247-8700.

Always remember to

Pay attention to what’s going on around you when coming and going to and from the shop.
Randy Conway

Www.killermarbles.com

Www.suncitycoin.com

Comments

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Brings it close to home. Be careful out there!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awareness of your surroundings and preparedness for unpleasant situations are two necessities in life. If you have neither, you are prey - and predators abound. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Police described one suspect as a male, 5-foot-3, 160 pounds and wearing a white hat, white shirt and black pants. >>

Well, that rules out the Pawn Star guys image
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Police described one suspect as a male, 5-foot-3, 160 pounds and wearing a white hat, white shirt and black pants. >>

Well, that rules out the Pawn Star guys image >>

It would help to have a little more information though.
    Were they white, black, hispanic, asian etc.? Was there any hair colour noted? What age range?

You can't swing a dead cat in the mall without hitting a 5' 3" 160 man or a guy in white shirt and black pants.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Well, that rules out the Pawn Star guys image >>

It would help to have a little more information though.
    Were they white, black, hispanic, asian etc.? Was there any hair colour noted? What age range?

You can't swing a dead cat in the mall without hitting a 5' 3" 160 man or a guy in white shirt and black pants. >>

Or a live cat, either image

Hey, whatever happened to that Michigan dude who reported all the robberies here?

Seriously, I hope the bad guys go down....and soon......
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Two guys, 5'3" and 5'6" tall??

I was robbed at gunpoint once. It was no fun at all,
    not knowing until it's over whether they will pull the
    trigger or not.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    The Moreno Valley police are searching for two men who kidnapped and robbed two pawn shop workers who escaped from a car trunk.

So…if the two had not escaped from a car trunk, they would not have been kidnapped and robbed? Why were they in a car trunk? Was that also their pawn shop?
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>The Moreno Valley police are searching for two men who kidnapped and robbed two pawn shop workers who escaped from a car trunk.

So…if the two had not escaped from a car trunk, they would not have been kidnapped and robbed? Why were they in a car trunk? Was that also their pawn shop? >>

This, from the OP's post, should answer at least some of your questions:

<<Police said the two men were robbed at gunpoint as they were closing shop Saturday. A gunman stole the men's cell phones, car keys and wallets and forced the workers into their own car trunks.>>

• Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Yep...saw that...But if one reads the headline.... I guess they weren't "out standing in their field."
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>Yep...saw that........ >>

Well, you did ask "why were they in a car trunk?" after the OP wrote "A gunman stole the men's cell phones, car keys and wallets and forced the workers into their own car trunks".image
  • Options
    TevaTeva Posts: 830
    Most pawn shop guys are heavily armed. You go into a pawn shop in my city everyone working in the shop is wearing a side arm.
    One of the coin dealers in my city has four locations and its the same thing they all are packing. Is it different in California?
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Moreno Valley: (2005 U.S. Census Estimate): Hispanic 46%; White 23%; African-American 20%; Pacific Islander/Asian-American 8%; other 3%; 5'3" 45%; 5'6" 18%

No coins were taken in this robbery.

We had a coin dealer here who left one of the safe doors open, the pistola was on the second shelf from the top, in plain view.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Moreno Valley is a rough city.
    I know a schoolteacher that gets 'hazard pay' for staying in the district.
  • Options
    TopdollarpaidTopdollarpaid Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    I dont know many more details but yes it was there pawn shop
    Randy Conway

Www.killermarbles.com

Www.suncitycoin.com
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019

<< <i>The Moreno Valley police are searching for two men who kidnapped and robbed two pawn shop workers who escaped from a car trunk.

So…if the two had not escaped from a car trunk, they would not have been kidnapped and robbed? Why were they in a car trunk? Was that also their pawn shop? >>

If they were in the trunk of the car and escaped while it was moving, isn't that kidnapping?

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file