Options

Breakable Silver Bars

How common are these?

1oz Breakables

Comments

• Options
    Fairly common would be my guess.

Northwest Territorial Mint Store

EDIT: They have breakable rounds as well.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    FYI....those things dont snap apart like a Hershey bar. image
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to use bolt cutter's on my 1 oz AGE's if it comes to dividing them up!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I have some of the 1/2 divided ones and they just dont snap in half. I tried
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Oh my.image

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

qualitysilverbullion.com has some that are 1oz rounds breakable into 1/4 pieces. They look pretty cool.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so much for better wording on things. ( gotta give this some more thought image )
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    I have both the bars and rounds from NWTM.
    Kinda neat lil cutsie/conversation pieces, . . . but just bullion.

Stagecoach Silver
    "For When You Have To Get Out of Dodge"
    Protect and prepare for any oncoming crisis when you own “divisible” 1-oz. Stagecoach Silver bars and rounds from Northwest Territorial Mint. This portable and tradable silver bullion is perfect for when you need to get out of Dodge fast! Whether .999-fine silver bar or round, each is scored into four pieces, giving them the potential to be split up should the need arise. Stock up and be ready with this barter-friendly bullion today.

For Times When You Need to Make Change
    With these silver barter bars and rounds, you’ll carry change in your hand. Should the need arise, the changeable nature of Stagecoach Silver will enhance your flexibility in any financial or trade scenario. Each is scored into four pieces and the obverse displays a “1/4” symbol. The reverse shows a stagecoach racing out of town and the text “When you need to get out of Dodge.”

HEY . . . Just ask our hosts . . . Marketing is everything ! ! ! image

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone here actually cut the bars into halves or quarters or seen anyone else do this? I assume these bars appeal to the doomsday crowd that think they may have to barter silver in a SHTF scenario.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I saw it done on a bar. Set it against the wall and the sidewall at a 45, then tapped with a hammer. Well more than a tap, it was a big firm hit with a heavy hammer and the pieces did fly. Took in down to the quarter quick enough. I'd imagine putting it in a vise would shorten the work load.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw it done on a bar. Set it against the wall and the sidewall at a 45, then tapped with a hammer. Well more than a tap, it was a big firm hit with a heavy hammer and the pieces did fly. Took in down to the quarter quick enough. I'd imagine putting it in a vise would shorten the work load. >>

I'd put it on an anvil and use a wide chisel to cut it into halves or quarters but I can't see doing so any time soon.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I used to go to church with a guy that probably has a boatload of these. He's a big doomsday guy and consiracy nut. He claimed that he spotted a mountain lion in his backyard, which is possible since a few have been found as roadkill over the last 5-10 years around here, but it got crazy. He had a huge bear trap that he was going to use to catch the thing. OK, fine. He then proceded to tell a few of us men that the government has been releasing them in the area. One man asked why they would do that and his exact answer was "because the government wants to depopulate the area".image

I'll give him credit. He's very frugal and loves buying up property and land around his home when anything around him comes open. One time he bought several acres of acreage by his house and paid for it with a big bag full of junk Morgans when the owner agreed he would take Morgans as payment. I guess the owner of the property could skirt taxes taking this form if he, say, accepted 1,000 morgans and just reports that he received $1,000 as payment for the land.

He has a huge treadmill set up where, when he has a horse walk on it it generates enough power to power the lights in the kitchen, of course he uses gas for cooking and water. After hiring a new youth pastor he was talking with him and after a few minutes of the guy telling him of his compound the youth pastor asked jokingly "where are the guns buried". He snapped back with a defensive and serious tone "I'm sorry but that is no one's business."

He is definitely ready for something bad to happen, but boy, is he out there.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set