Home Precious Metals
Options

New Scottsdale Round...Pretty Cool!

"If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt

Comments

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well executed and a pretty design. But apparently all of their products have a religious theme. Pass.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I don't see any direct religious theme. Maybe a very indirect one influenced by C.S. Lewis's The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe?
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well executed and a pretty design. But apparently all of their products have a religious theme. Pass. >>

Do you ever buy coins with "In God We Trust"?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well executed and a pretty design. But apparently all of their products have a religious theme. Pass. >>

Do you ever buy coins with "In God We Trust"?image >>

image Verily... image

I like the round. What does the full reverse look like?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    I like it, it's very nice as their silver bars.
    The only thing they could have done better is the 99.9% pure. I like .999 more. JMHO
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I think by far they are best looking silver made currently!

In God we trust, adds style & classimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think by far they are best looking silver made currently!

In God we trust, adds style & classimage >>

I'm in your corner with that comment. I did buy several rolls yesterday.
    Their 10 oz bars are in my opinion, also the best looking bars.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>I don't see any direct religious theme. Maybe a very indirect one influenced by C.S. Lewis's The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe? >>

I strongly suspect the lion depicted is the Lion of Judah, another name for Jesus and the inspiration for CS Lewis. The crown with the cross on it is hard to dismiss.

Most if not all of their other products say IGWT.

I don't. And I have a choice. Pass.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    here ya go Weiss image

"If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options

<< <i>I like the round. What does the full reverse look like?imageimageimage >>

• Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    I like them. Great looking piece.

I did not see them on their website though.
  • Options
    It was a special early release for registered customers so it is not available on their site yet, I ordered a roll and hope to have it by Friday!
  • Options

<< <i>here ya go Weiss image

image >>

Now that's funny.image

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want some, register with their site, log in and then you can buy the rolls, currently at $419 plus shipping (for me it was $6.50 USPS).

I may order a roll; I am not sure as that averages out to over $21.00 per ounce for a round ($2.50 per premium).

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like it
  • Options

<< <i>If you want some, register with their site, log in and then you can buy the rolls, currently at $419 plus shipping (for me it was $6.50 USPS).

I may order a roll; I am not sure as that averages out to over $21.00 per ounce for a round ($2.50 per premium).

Miles >>

Agree that $2.50 over melt is a little steep for a silver round. You may be able to pick them up closer to melt on the secondary market in a few months if you are patient.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If you want some, register with their site, log in and then you can buy the rolls, currently at $419 plus shipping (for me it was $6.50 USPS).

Miles >>

Agree that $2.50 over melt is a little steep for a silver round. You may be able to pick them up closer to melt on the secondary market in a few months if you are patient. >>

Good luck ... Not so, if they sell with the same premium as the Scottsdale Stacker Bars.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I like the round. What does the full reverse look like?imageimageimage >>

image >>

Thanks!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Good looking round, but personally, I'd rather have ASEs or other govt. bullion . . . cheaper.

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well executed and a pretty design. But apparently all of their products have a religious theme. Cool.
  • Options

<< <i>I strongly suspect the lion depicted is the Lion of Judah, another name for Jesus and the inspiration for CS Lewis. >>

I did some research on Scottsdale a few month back before I bought some 10oz stackers. I can't remember if they directly said it was the Lion of Judah or slightly suggested it, however I got same impression Weiss. But that's why I bought the bars image . I think it's one of the better looking logos out there.

I know Academy makes the Scottsdale stackers, but I was a bit disappionted in the quality of the bars. The edges were wavy, and the inscriptions wern't fully stamped on a few of them. I have some Academy stackers and an APMEX stacker and they are a better quality. I guess I got unlucky. Those Scottsdale rounds looks awesome.
  • Options
    I received my rounds today and they are much better looking in hand than our scans. DMPL surface but for the lion which has a mat like surface. Same on the reverse. Excellent strike.
  • Options
    Mine came today and I agree w/ OPA, very nice in hand!
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    If no one else does, I'll take a nice picture of one in hand when I pick them up at the post office tomorrow. Got the yellow slip in the mailbox today. Glad to hear they look even better. I've always been pleased with all their products and service. My favorite now from Scottsdale, are the chunky 10 oz bars they have.
  • Options

<< <i>If no one else does, I'll take a nice picture of one in hand when I pick them up at the post office tomorrow. Got the yellow slip in the mailbox today. Glad to hear they look even better. I've always been pleased with all their products and service. My favorite now from Scottsdale, are the chunky 10 oz bars they have. >>

I've got to agree with you on that...best 10 oz stacker bars around.
  • Options
    Not the best pictures, but that gives you some idea what they look like in hand.

Tough to scan because of the reflective surface.
  • Options
    Like I said: Pretty and well executed. But I wouldn't own them at a discount.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Are those proofs, I love the DC apperance!
  • Options

<< <i>Are those proofs, I love the DC apperance! >>

I would say yes... Most bars are considered proof when first issued ... Proof Like is probably a better description.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Like I said: Pretty and well executed. But I wouldn't own them at a discount. >>

I'm with Weiss on this one. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    NMimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Can anyone translate the latin phrase on the reverse?

• Options
    Prepared for all thingsimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Prepared for all things or in that ballpark............MJ

Edited to say -----I see GSA beat me to itimage
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like it, it's very nice as their silver bars.
    The only thing they could have done better is the 99.9% pure. I like .999 more. JMHO >>

The reason that it was worded as "99.9%" was so that the word "SILVER" would be perfectly
    centered at the top.

PS:
    I did the dies for these. I used their Lion logo with some slight modifications and embellishments.
    I designed the reverse side, taking a que from the old Spanish Cob treasure ship silver pieces.
    The center shows an "SS" (Scottsdale Silver) wrapped around a double-ended sword blade,
    with a cross bar. Around the rim on both sides are little trapezoid (ingot) shapes.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I like it, it's very nice as their silver bars.
    The only thing they could have done better is the 99.9% pure. I like .999 more. JMHO >>

The reason that it was worded as "99.9%" was so that the word "SILVER" would be perfectly
    centered at the top.

PS:
    I did the dies for these. I used their Lion logo with some slight modifications and embellishments.
    I designed the reverse side, taking a que from the old Spanish Cob treasure ship silver pieces.
    The center shows an "SS" (Scottsdale Silver) wrapped around a double-ended sword blade,
    with a cross bar. Around the rim on both sides are little trapezoid (ingot) shapes. >>

Nice job, Daniel

In my humble opinion, best looking modern rounds available.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I did the dies for these. >>

Hot damn! A dcarr design I actually like.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Nice job DC................I'm a big fan. MJ