Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Secure Plus grades in on Close to Perfect Roosie Set

Just wanted to post a note singing the praises of Nick Cascio, aka "onlyroosies". As some of you know, he has been working on my Roosie set, actually continuing his work on the set since I purchased it from him a couple years back. We decided to put the silver portion of the set through Secure Plus for regrading. I think most people know that as far as Roosie experts go, Nick is at the head of the class. We got our results back this afternoon, and am I ever thrilled with the grades!

Of the 48 coins we submitted, nine coins came back with 67+FB, and the 1949-D came back 68FB, now a POP 3. Of the nine plus coins, two are now POP one POP Top coins, the 1952-S and the 1954-S.

After reading some of the results folks have received on the Secure Plus grades, I am obviously very pleased with our results. It confirms what I already thought, that Nick is building one heck of a set for me. We also had the rest of the set True View Photographed, so all the pictures will be up soon.

Thanks again Nick!

Dan Close

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan: Great job!

As you know, I set the "over/under" at 10 on your set. Full point upgrades count as 2. Hence, you made 11 upgrades and win by the closest of margins! I knew you had some great coins with Nick assisting you!! You guys win!!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    dcgolferdcgolfer Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Thanks Mitch! Actually, great call putting the over/under at 10. You almost hit it on the nose!
  • Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Congrats !!
    I look forward to the pics,
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the kind words Dan,

I was very pleased with the results too, even though I think you have another upgrade or 2 in the set.
    Some would say I'm bias though. As soon as the trueviews upload I would recommend viewing these
    wonderful little disc, even if you aren't a Roosevelt dime fan some of the coins have out of this world
    color. You can view the Close to perfect set HERE

• Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Look at all them ++++'s image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a shame that you got that upgrade to an MS68FB image The grades all matched until them image

Can't wait to see pics image
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, wow! Supergorgeous! (That's a word, right?) image
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Sweet....and most worthy of the +'s.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnificent set of Roosies.

Congrats on putting together this stunning set.
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Superb is an understatement. What a great looking set. Grats
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice 52D!!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    Very nice set, I was wondering why the '57-d wasn't toned though? That's an easier year to find toned, but not ms67FB and toned I guess.
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have assembled quite a set of dimes! Congratulations on your achievement!!!
  • Options
    dcgolferdcgolfer Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. I'm very proud of the set, and so pleased to have Nick assisting with the set. His help is invaluable. As most of you have already probably noticed, the Tru-View pictures are now all up for viewing. Thanks for looking!

Dan

PS If anyone has any Roosies you think may improve the set, please contact Nick or myself. Always hunting for better Roosies, Silver or Clad.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan,

You've got a great set!

Here's two images of coins you have in your set that I once owned. Both are posted above in Nick's reply. As good as the TrueView images are I believe they understate the coins, especially the 52D. These we're images I produced some years back when I was using a scanner.

Again, great set and congrats...Jim

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers