Home Metal Detecting
Options

June 15, 2010 - Silver, IHC, Buffalo, V Nickel, '09 VDB cent. UPDATE - Flat item is 1909 IHC!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
Update 6/20/10 - The flat item in the original post (last two photos) did turn out to be a flattened 1909 IHC. You can see a few details after cleaning with some hydrogen peroxide. Could this be a train track coin? I sure hope it wasn't an S.

(original post below)
Got a little of everything today.

1911 V Nickel
1918 Buffalo Nickel
1900 IHC
1909 VDB (no S, unfortunately)
1920 Wheat
1963 Silver Canadian Dime. The odd thing is my last two silver coins were foreign. I didn't find a single foreign silver coin last year.
some kind of button (early 1900s?) - could this be pewter? it came out very clean.

The only new coin today was a 1981 Jefferson Nickel.

Also found a Mount Washington Cog Railway ring (junk metal)
a hem/dress weight?
and could this final piece be a cent that was put on the railroad tracks? Weight is 2.9 grams. The IHC found today was 3.0 grams. If I use my imagination, it looks like some some sort of design.

I didn't have a chance to clean anything yet, so you'll have to enjoy the wonderful green discs that New Hampshire soil produces. HH all!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting array of finds.... sure did run the spectrum. No idea on the last one... could be a RR coin... try acetone or hot peroxide to clean it up a bit... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    That's a great day!!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

"to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    update in 1st post
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool ID on the cent.. so no VDB, but an IHC. Yep, if it was an S it was big bucks prior to damage. Cheers, RickO