Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Only 99 Mercs to Go Until Set Completion!!!

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
I updated my set with a new toy and photos! 1943-S Trumpet Tail FS-511 in MS66. It is about 90% FSB.....oh, so close and yet so far. I'm happy. My Weighted GPA is now 64.

imageimageimage

So, what do you think....will I finish my set before Tony? HA HA HA HA. Tony only has one little coin left to get....the elusive 35 S/S. image

Greg
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    The countdown begins. Good luck. image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice start Greg. I don't see a problem with your micro "s".
  • Options

<< <i>Nice start Greg. I don't see a problem with your micro "s". >>

Thanks. For such a common coin I would prefer a 66FB. That's all.
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Thanks for posting pictures! And, glad to see that you're making such rapid progress. A set of this size is pretty ambitious, but it looks like you're finding the special varieties first, which should make finishing the set easier, so you're not hung up on the one hard-to-find guy.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for posting pictures! And, glad to see that you're making such rapid progress. A set of this size is pretty ambitious, but it looks like you're finding the special varieties first, which should make finishing the set easier, so you're not hung up on the one hard-to-find guy. >>

Very observant of you Scott. image I am trying to get most of the varieties out of the way first....after all it is the complete variety set I am going after. I have done full Merc Sets twice just out of my dad's collection that he gave me when I was 8(he collected out of pocket change and found ALL but one)....but clearly those were not PCGS graded....ummm, well, let's put it this way...most of those things had been around the block a few times.

Also, it is my hope that the Cherrypickers' Guide Fifth Edition Volume II comes out AFTER I find most of the varieties....and not before. They post values in that thing and while I am buying....the 2006 values(or cheaper) suit me just fine. image

Greg
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Fifth edition? Any new on this?
  • Options

<< <i>Fifth edition? Any new on this? >>

Nope, I have been seeking news but have found none. They released Vol 1 Fifth Ed. last year....so I figure they might be workin' on Vol 2.....beats the heck out of me.

Really like your Avitar! Sweet.