Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

New Swap??????

Okay, it is time for someone to get up to the plate and start a new swap. How about one for baseball spring training or IRS getaway day (15 April). If noone wants to deal with it, let me know. I guess my last one was successful????, so let me know. Louie

Comments

• Options
    better hurry Spring Training is almost over. We have the Boston Reds Socks and the Minnesota Twins...here in Ft. Myers.....There's a chance we'll get the Cleveland Indians next year!!!!!!!Yeaaaaaaaaa my most favorite team in the whole wide world ...season tickets for sure!!!! LOLOL
    If you give up your rights, in order to maintain your freedom. You will most likely end up losing both!
  • Options
    Louie,

I would be very interested in participating in a new swap image, but don't think I would have the time to organize one right now. Work is starting to ramp up for a new release, so I don't think I would be able to do the organization justice. image

I for one vote for you organizing this one, since you so graciously suggested it. image I would vote for the tax thing. April 15 tends to be a somewhat depressing date,m so let's try and liven it up by making it the date of a coin swap. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Okay, I will host this one again. Here are the rules:

1. All members names will be put into a hat and my wife will draw the names out. This way there will be noone sending early and noone waiting to get their swap as the whole kit a kabbodle will be known on the same day. If this is okay with the forum members, fine. Just let me know.

2. The standard, 25.00 to 35.00 or more if the member feels really generous, especially if you got a nice tax refund and can share some of the look with the forum members.

3. The last day a name can be submitted is the 14th of April.

4. Any other suggestions that the members may have will be considered.

Louie
  • Options
    LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    Louie,

It usually takes me until a few days after the swap to get all the coins together that I want to send. I have to look through what I have and usually buy some more coins that the person has just told me he/she collects, after the names have been pulled and we find out who we send to. Just wondered if it is acceptable to send the swap a few days after the names are drawn to give us time to get the coins together?

Susan

Please consider me included in the new swap.

• Options
    I'm up for another, don't recomend listing your addy in your post for privacy reasons. I also like to customize my swaps if possible, so more time to send out is prefered......Thanks for hosting Louie!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Count Me In again Louie! Address withheld.

Thanks Brian
  • Options
    I would like to reiterate that I would like to be counted in on the swap. I will with hold my addy until after the list is posted and then send my addy to the person sending to me.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    I agree with deletion of the address and the thread has been edited to reflect that. Don't know what got into me. Must be having another senior moment. Louie
  • Options
    hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I'm in.

-Jarrett Roberts
  • Options
    Louie, Please sign me up for another.
    Rich
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm game.

I also agree with Susan; after I find out who I'm sending to, I have to PM them to find out what kind of coins they like or don't need, then put together and mail the package. Usually takes a few days.

Oh, I have some weird toned liberty nickels I got recently. I'll probably include one of them in this swap. Just in case anybody cares. And my legs are sore from running 5 miles on the treadmill today. And I work for HP, so I'm wondering what this Compaq merger is going to do. And my dog needs a bath.

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    PUBLlC APOLOGY TO MOURSUND

I'm really sorry I jumped to conclusions and wrongly assumed it was the Liberty Nickels I had sent you that you didn't like the toning on. Next time I won't be so hasty. Didn't realize that you hadn't received my package yet when I posted that message.

Susan

• Options
    It's just plain common courtesy to let your swapper know that you have received their coins, and a PM or post only takes about 1 min. to make. It should be an unwritten rule, and Susan, I'll swap with you anytime.image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    put me in realy like the coins ireceived last time.

John
  • Options
    Please count me in.
  • Options

Susan/Luvdawgs imageimageimage

I haven't received your swap package yet! Didn't you just send it on Monday?!? I'll surely let you know when I get it! I'll send you a PM, I hope/trust I haven't done anything wrong here!!!

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    AvarelAvarel Posts: 143 ✭✭
    I'm in for a swap!
    Chirsto duce vincamus

Pro Deo Et Patria
  • Options
    Andy/Moursund,

Please see my previous edited message above here.

Susan

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh now ya done went and spoilt his surprise! Throw me in the game too...............
    imageimage

• Options
    Susan and I are pals again. Now I know I'm getting some toned liberty nicks from the last swap. image

am
  • Options
    Didn't spoil his surprise - other goodies in the package too! imageimage

• Options

By the way, (and just to keep cluttering up this swap thread, so Louie has more trouble sorting out the swap lists image ), those liberty nicks that Susan sent me are hardly toned at all, just nice nickels. The "weird" toned nicks I mentioned are all dark, blotchy, coppery toned with streaks and smirches and suchlike. I still intend to include 1 or 2 of them in this swap, so whoever I send to can confirm how weeeeeeird the toning is. image

• Options
    By the way again,

Susan wasn't kidding when she said "other goodies in the package too!"; see the list of what she sent me in the previous swap thread. Killer swap package! I'm still oglilng that AU SL quarter!

am
  • Options
    I,m in. Please be patient with me. i just log on once or twice a week. I collect anything slabbed. Thanks, joe, image
  • Options
    Louie - I am up for another swap. It has been a while and I could use the change of pace.

Thanky
    ritchie
    What will kill a thread faster than a reply from Ritchie?
  • Options
    OK, it's April already. Lets Swap!image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    i'm in if no one minds.
    Gotta see if terry's gonna send the ms67 buffaloimage

thanks again louie

dan
    image It's Her's
  • Options
    No new takers for 3 days. Does anyone mind if I close it on the 7th and get it going so that we can get another one going later? Let me know by email at lmello@sc.rr.com. The majority will rule. Louie
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    I dont mind Louie. Lets get the ball rolling! Thanks Brian
  • Options

Right, let's get cracking on this. image

am
  • Options
    I'd like to get it going Louie image Thanks!

Susan

• Options
    It's ok with me let get this swap moving imageimage
  • Options
    bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    I would like to join in this swap, if it is still open.

Thanks, Randy
  • Options
    I'm in favor of getting this startedimage
    image It's Her's
  • Options
    AvarelAvarel Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Head'em and move'em out, RawHIDDDDDDE!
    Chirsto duce vincamus

Pro Deo Et Patria
  • Options
    Okay, the people have spoken. I will close this out at 9imageo EST, tomorrow, 7 Apr and will then immediately list the names as pulled from a hat by my wife. It is then up to the people to contact the one they are sending to in order to ascertain wants/desires/needs, etc. Louie