Home Sports Talk
Options

Lakers V Celtics...

HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
Discuss! image

I hope it goes 7 and someone hits a game winning shot as time runs out. Who will that be??? image

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celts in 5. Pierce MVP.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>Celts in 5. Pierce MVP. >>

Since it is a 2 3 2 process...AND LA has home court advantage, that might be too tough. That would mean that they would have to do one of these:

A)Win 2 in LA and 2 out of 3 at home

or

B)split in LA and win 3 straight at home

Not impossible...just tough!

• Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474

No way Pierce can win the MVP with Ron - Ron guarding him.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Celtics in 7
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I'm a Celtics fan but I think the Lakers win in 6...

that said, it would be sweet irony if the Celtics won in 7 in Los Angeles. The parallels on this team to the 1969 team that did the same thing are enormous. 4 seed, aging players, last year that they really have a chance because of age...but still some young players so that 3 years from now they might be able to reload.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    up, up and away in my beautiful balloon.

Go Lakers. image
  • Options
    Fisher hits game winner in game 6 to win series 4-2
    Collector of anything and everything of the Dallas Cowboys
  • Options

<< <i>Celts in 5, Pierce MVP. >>

Looks like he is going to need LOTS of help!!!!
  • Options
    three day break? at this pace they'll be playing in July
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Celts in 5, Pierce MVP. >>

Looks like he is going to need LOTS of help!!!! >>

• Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Lakers in 6, although it would exciting if it went 7. I think it'd be good for the NBA and the sport if it went 7.

And seeing the celebrities at Staples is fun. The seats occupied by rock, david spade, kevin james and sandler last night always seem to rotate. A few playoff games ago, it was larry david and spike lee by the lakers bench.

Nicholson's seats must be bolted to the floor by now, he's been there for so long. Who are the women down the aisle for him, there's an asian lady and another older woman who are always there.

Has anyone ever met anyone with floor seats to the lakers? Must be an interesting crowd.
  • Options

<< <i>three day break? at this pace they'll be playing in July >>

Just wait until the 2024 NBA playoffs stretch into the year 2025

Might just be setting myself up to take the loss easier, but don't think the Celtics win more than one game
    Tom
  • Options

Not looking very realistic is it?

• Options
    Not super happy with the Lakers game 3, but I will gladly take the win.

• Options

<< <i>Not super happy with the Lakers game 3, but I will gladly take the win. >>

Neither team played that well. If there are more games that follow that process, in my opinion, that gives LA the advantage.
  • Options
    The Lakers defense at times last night looked good, but their offense looked terrible. Kobe hit his several tough shots and some nice 3's, but where was the rest of the team??? Odom got his left handed layups, Artest missed some terrible shots, Gasol & Fish a few nice ones, but where was the bench? Jackson had to tire his starters....

As far as the Celtics bench, bamm!!!!!!! They came in with energy, hustle, and desire....they out performed the Lakers starters and gave the Celtics starters much needed minutes on the bench. I think Rivers did the right thing...its the finals and you play who's performing.

If the Lakers offense doesn't get going they are in trouble because the Celtics aren't going to continue to miss good look shots.

• Options
    This has been a very strange series. Kobe is Kobe and Gasol has been the best player on both teams. The Celtics have been eratic all series and no one has been consistent. They have ben missing layups and clear open shots. Both teams look like they are tired and I don't think it is has been the defense.
  • Options
    Can't wait for game 7. Hopefully ALL of the Lakers show up cause they need to even though the Celtics might be without Perkins. I was hoping to see Wallace get T'd up last night. image

-brian
  • Options
    That is not the way you want to win, the Lakers can do it even with Sheed in there.
  • Options

<< <i>That is not the way you want to win, the Lakers can do it even with Sheed in there. >>

That's a bunch of b.s. I didn't expect much from a Celtics fan. The Lakers were killing your Celtics before Perkins went down.

So as a Celtics fan you don't mind beating the Lakers with an injured Bynum?

You are talking about a young guy who couldn't even jump off the ground the other day and has already gotten multiple knee drainings. Bynum was grimacing in pain during the first few plays the other day. Bynum is a BIG part of the Lakers game and he played over 30 minutes the other night and had one board...he's hurting big time.

The Lakers have been in ever game and beat the Celtics twice with the Celtics at full strength. The Lakers still could have won game 5...and that's considering the Celtics played lights out in the offense and defensive side and the Lakers barely shot 40% and got killed in the paint and got killed by the Celtics bench.

Injuries are part of the game my friend.

If the Lakers win game 7, no one will remember a thing about Perkins getting hurt and there won't be a footnote denoting he was hurt.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    The only thing worse than a fan who cries about injuries is one who blames the refs for a loss. Stuff happens. It's part of the game. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, if, but... it's all part of the game. A "team" with a deeper bench can withstand injuries better so they are a better "team."

Laker's in game 7! Speaking of which, I heard the Laker's are favored by 7 tomorrow night. That seems like a lot. I am not a betting man but if I was I would almost take the Celtics and the 7 points... but Laker's to win the game.
  • Options
    I was not talking about the injuries, I was talking about wishing that Sheed would get a technical. I was saying that the Lakers are playing very well and you could beat the C's with Sheed playing. Talk about going off for no reason.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>This has been a very strange series. Kobe is Kobe and Gasol has been the best player on both teams. The Celtics have been eratic all series and no one has been consistent. They have ben missing layups and clear open shots. Both teams look like they are tired and I don't think it is has been the defense. >>

The Caveman is my favorite NBA player. Things are looking good in Los Angeles.

In a side "bet", I imagine the series going 7 games will only add fuel to the fire that the NBA is fixed.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>I was not talking about the injuries, I was talking about wishing that Sheed would get a technical. I was saying that the Lakers are playing very well and you could beat the C's with Sheed playing. Talk about going off for no reason. >>

Ok, I didn't read it that way, but no big deal. I bad.

As far as me wanting to see Wallace get T'd up....I don't like the guy and never have liked him.

• Options
    I don't like him either, he is lazy and floated the whole season.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Each game has been different as to a team playing not to their potential at all===but game 6 had a different feel alltogether. The Celtics appear to be in big trouble. Did I say big trouble. If I'm Boston the whole thing rides on Pierce and Garnett. They have to carry the load.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Shannon Brown's dunk & the Farmar/Vujacic hustle plays put the Celts on their heels for good in Game 6 as the Lakers suddenly found their lost athleticism.

tonite they shall be served a Kobe stake & Fish. image
  • Options
    Sweet!!!!!!!!! Lakers are the champs!!!!!!!!

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>The only thing worse than a fan who cries about injuries is one who blames the refs for a loss. >>

Unless you watched game 6 of Sac v LAL, in which case blaming the refs was the only rational response.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Unless you watched game 6 of Sac v LAL, in which case blaming the refs was the only rational response.

Thanks for reminding me! image
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    What a wild game!

-Garnett crashing into Nicholson's sons seat. What a thing to tell your friends. "Yeah, KG crashed into me during Game 7 of the NBA Finals. What did you do that night?"

-I was nervous the first few quarters. The lakers seemed out of gas. The sense in the building during the 2nd and 3rd quarters must have been terrifying.

-Fishers rainbow 3!! That and Artest's 3 are going into Laker lore.

A lot of great plays that are going to go down into laker history. I dont think the players or anyone really, understands the true significance of that win. That was a monster win, one of the best in the history of the franchise. Everyone in that building was truely a part of history.

One of the best history making sports games I've seen in a long time. Much like Gibsons home run in the 88 world series, Francisco Cabrera's pinch hit in the 92 NLCS.